Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robbie, great job buddy.
I really, REALLY like what you did with the shoulder gap.
Wish I lived closer to you, I'd like my Mk.III BD to look like that.

How is the shoulder articulation, though? Seems you would lose some flexibility.

Its actually the same. The gap that I took out was really pretty much dead space. I did have to grind out the chest of the under body so that the shoulder plates would tuck in and I also ground down a little area under the armpit of the chest piece so the arms would sit more flush to the sides.

I haven't painted it yet. The difference you see is in the light source and photography. The one that looks really bad, in real life doesn't look as bad and the last shot looks better then it does in real life. One thing that I will say is that many have debated about the paint in the rubber fading from sun light and all sorts of other things. With the figure disassembled, the rubber underneath the chest piece matches the exposed which leads me to believe that it had nothing to do with touch or exposure to light. If it had there would be an obvious delineation between the too but its all the same. Ill post the product up with what ever I find.

So it may just be cheap paint on the material. That blows. My Mark 3 BD is suffering the same thing. If you find a quick solution to the problem please share with us. I wanna get it back to the way it was or just a bit better. Maybe a spray of clear coat may help?

Does anyone know if the neck comes off on the Original Mark 3 (not the BD), so I can use the Mark 4 Stark sculpt?

Sorry, I've asked this before and I was told it would work but the only pics I could find of the Mark 3 with the Mark 4 Stark sculpt was on a BD Mark 3 so I dont know if design on BD Mark 3's neck was re-designed to come off to accomodate a new neck.
I tried to pop mine off and it wouldnt come off (Maybe for fear of breaking I didnt try hard enough). The orig Mark 3 TonyStark sculpt has a huge hole inside the head to plug on to the Orig Mark 3 necks so that's why I'm wondering if it the neck is static.

This is mine, all the Orig Mark 3 that I've seen are using this old Stark sculpt.
I would appreciate if anyone would confirm if the Orig Mark 3's neck can be removed cause even though this older sculpt is surprisingly not bad, I'd rather use my new Mark 4 Stark sculpt.

23uc684.jpg
2s11xmp.jpg

I have both the original Mark III and the Mark III BD and as far as I can tell, the neck does not come off the original Mark III and I can also say that the Mark III BD's neck was redesigned.

I can confirm that. The neck does not come off. Its hinged inside the body. It only pivots front to back. Its made up of a pivoting plastic piece that has a rubber sleeve over the top.

ahhh, thanks guys. I was seriously tempted to try to pry it off but now I'm glad to know it doesnt, so I'll leave it alone. :)
The old sculpt is actually decent, its just that the newer sculpt definitely has better paintjob.

Thanks again.

I think the new head though is compatible or at least partially compatible with the old head ball.

Just did a review of this figure for my site and took a few pictures of all of the boys together.

Check it out!

Hot+Toy+Iron+Man+Mark+III+048.JPG

Back