Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK II PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who are you using on ebay ?.
I've used abc express over 20 times for hot toys figures and * touch wood * have never had custom charges.

I don't use eBay. ActionHQ, that they always mark it down as $30.

Interesting that it made it past customs with no charges. Not long arrived.

Last edited:
3466069490_2743d6d5ae.jpg
3466114326_ec2f6f17a9.jpg

3466188532_013031c7f7.jpg
3466161786_a887ef6496.jpg

Stunning pics, Vodoun. I'm really looking forward to getting this one as I actually prefer it to the look of the Mark III.

Seems like a lot of people prefer the look of the Mark II figure over the Mark III. What's up with that? People don't like the iconic red and gold?

Not that I don't agree with you guys...:D

Seems like a lot of people prefer the look of the Mark II figure over the Mark III. What's up with that? People don't like the iconic red and gold?

Not that I don't agree with you guys...:D

Well the red and gold is the most iconic and a must have, but there is just something about the chrome look that is more intimidating.

My Mark II arrived today. When the delivery guy handed the package to me, it became very obvious by how the packaged was that it had been sitting in the back of the UPS truck all day in the almost 100 degree heat right now in Sacramento. So I eviscerated the cardboard packaging and opened the Mark II box and took out the figure. It was very warm, and the softer plastic used for the waist, abdominals, and those guard pieces connected to the wrist were softer than my Mark III because of the heat. Not a big deal but I thought it was worth mentioning. Funny thing is, it actually helped me turn him at the waist a lot easier. :lol I only mention this because my Hellboy 2 figure might end up arriving the same way, and I worry much more for big red because of his muscle body.

I really like the paint finish on the Mark II much more than the Mark III, and I always have, ever since I first saw the film. Obviously it's not as reflective as the brushed metal of the film suit, but it's close, and the shading all over the figure really makes the details pop.

Aside from the obvious differences, it's the same figure as the Mark III when it comes to articulation. The joints are just as tight, which makes me happy.

--

I really like the included Stark-in-helmet sculpt. At first glance I thought there was no way they could fit the head into the helmet without making proportions seem off. But by golly, the head inside looks to be the same size as the Stark head from the Mark III:

IMG00166-20090422-1914.jpg

IMG00167-20090422-1916.jpg

I do miss the face texture though. It looks like Tony has been getting spa treatments to improve his skin.

Cellphone camera pics ahoy! Quality ain't great, but people like pictures, so here's my small contribution:

IMG00150-20090422-1854.jpg

IMG00161-20090422-1906.jpg

IMG00177-20090422-1959.jpg

Uh-oh I've run into a slight problem with the arc reactor heart that came with my Mark II.

It looks like the the outer "ring" of the heart (the area with text on it) is warped or is drooping downward instead of staying straight up. I have a suspicion that it could have been from heat (it was sitting in a friggin UPS truck for who knows how long in 100 degree weather before arriving at my home) but there's a chance it's a QC issue, but I doubt that.

What can I do to fix this? Can't use the ol' blow dryer then cold water trick because of the LED inside. The bottom area of the ring is attached to the bulk of the heart.

mine
IMG00181-20090422-2229.jpg

comparison photo from Shaun at FoTF
3450485630_e44ca2e1bc.jpg

It looks like it's just loose--have you tried pushing it back in place?

It's not loose. The very bottom part of the ring is attached/sculpted onto the rest of the heart, so when I push the top backward, it springs back forward. Take a look at Shaun's pic, near the bottom of the outer ring.

It's sort of the same situation as when you buy a toybiz/mattel/hasbro action figure and one of the joints are warped from being inside tight packaging. The only thing that can fix a warped joint (to my knowledge) is to apply heat, straighten it out, then set it with cold (water, usually). But this time I can't do that because of the LED light inside the heart. The last thing I want to do is disassemble it.

It's not a big deal considering the heart will only be displayed on my shelf. It's also small enough that I tend not to mind too much. It's a minor annoyance.

Back