Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With images?

Yes. Just drag and highlight everything and it will transfer over to Word. Anything on a webpage can be copied & pasted into word, except for video or flash animation.

Here's proof below. I was able to copy & paste a portion of the post onto Word including the image.

IMfadeIssueCopyWord_zps294e424b.jpg

Much respect to Fallen21 for providing this tutorial for us. :clap

Oh cool! Thanks dude! :)

My pants aren't too bad but I still feel I should do this...and I can bust out my airbrush for the first time in about 10 years! :D

Oh cool! Thanks dude! :)

My pants aren't too bad but I still feel I should do this...and I can bust out my airbrush for the first time in about 10 years! :D

Eventually all the soft pieces (crotch, hands, back of neck)on the Mark IV and VI will fade because of the material used. If the fading is very minor you can just do a few overcoats with the Gaia #41 and bring the color back down to the original and it wont cover the black panel lines.

little bit OOT

i'm just wondering , has anyone here tried using meguiar scratch x to get rid light scratch on your iron man?

my mk4 has a light scratch on its wing , its almost like spider web scratch :gah:

im just worried if the scratch x is not suitable for plastic paint.

ive been packing away my collection for a move next month and i noticed my avengers version is now started to visibly show fading.

i never expected it to be fixed on a re-release, but still very sad to see the process starting already

946838_311691818962954_950166429_n.jpg

Comparison of mr. hobby and gaia clear red.
I just found out that mixing GX deep clear red with gaia clear red will have even closer color.
Now i just need to test it out.

I just found out that mixing GX deep clear red with gaia clear red will have even closer color.

The Gaia color definetly looks more "anodized" like there's actual metal under the paint. Nice comparison!

The Gaia color definetly looks more "anodized" like there's actual metal under the paint. Nice comparison!
If you basecoat with a nice Gold like Tamiya, the color will probably be even closer.

I clean the paints before repaint, its definitely silver underneath the red.
DSC05624.jpg

Mr. hobby clear is more opaque than gaia. That's why its less metallic.

So I couldn't get mr color spray no 47. Instead I got tamiya ts74 clear red. Would it work? I got 3 undies I gotta spray. Mk4, and two mk6s. Mk4 and one of MK6 are still sealed. Argh it's frustrating that I have to do this.

Arrgggh.:gah:

In the event it's not exact and throws it all off, is it reversible? Like, can I just repaint over it with a more accurate color?

Yes.
Don't panic if it doesn't look right.

Basically all you'd do is repeat the original step(When you remove the hip armour, you will need to give it a going over with acetone to remove the original paintwork before repainting).
Once it's stripped, you spray it silver then when that's dry, paint it red.
Several light coats are better than trying to do it in a oner.
If at the end your paint doesn't look right, just strip it all back and start again.
I did a new chest RT panel on thursday at work with the Gaia color paint.
If i get a minute this week i will also try one with the Tamiya red for you to see if it looks right.

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5035.jpg

Yes.
Don't panic if it doesn't look right.

Basically all you'd do is repeat the original step(When you remove the hip armour, you will need to give it a going over with acetone to remove the original paintwork before repainting).
Once it's stripped, you spray it silver then when that's dry, paint it red.
Several light coats are better than trying to do it in a oner.
If at the end your paint doesn't look right, just strip it all back and start again.
I did a new chest RT panel on thursday at work with the Gaia color paint.
If i get a minute this week i will also try one with the Tamiya red for you to see if it looks right.

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5035.jpg

Wow, that looks great!

And thanks for the assist man. Much appreciated.

Back