Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oh-heeeell-to-the-no.gif

most likely yeah..... and I bet more containers arrive each day

Yep. That they do. Only upside is that since this has been going on so long some shipping companies are now re-routing to other ports. But there's still a lot coming in to LA every day. It's one of the busiest ports in the USA.

Yep. That they do. Only upside is that since this has been going on so long some shipping companies are now re-routing to other ports. But there's still a lot coming in to LA every day. It's one of the busiest ports in the USA.

Unfortunately other ports are starting to have serious issues because of the So Cal port debacle. The port of Oakland broke it's cargo record on Tuesday and apparently there are 10 - 15 ships anchored off the coast of Northern Cali waiting to unload in Oakland. (Here is an article for those interested- Port of Oakland breaks cargo record :: SFBay | San Francisco Bay Area News and Sports )

Unfortunately other ports are starting to have serious issues because of the So Cal port debacle. The port of Oakland broke it's cargo record on Tuesday and apparently there are 10 - 15 ships anchored off the coast of Northern Cali waiting to unload in Oakland. (Here is an article for those interested- Port of Oakland breaks cargo record :: SFBay | San Francisco Bay Area News and Sports )

Yea I have heard it's causing a ripple effect. But, even if it slows the other ports by 100% that's still better then a complete stoppage. Which is more or less what's happining in LA. Part of what I was getting at, about alternate routes for other people shipping, is that they are also resorting to air transport and other means. It's by no means a long term or even a good short term fix...but it is helping a bit. It's better then the stuff just sitting in LA. At least that's my opinion.

Me too.

Problem is that even if it was over today it will probably take months to get caught back up to where everything is running normal again.

Well I'm just waiting on Starlord, but I have that on Flex until March. As long as the backlog is cleared and I get all my PO's before the AOU figures start shipping I'll be happy. I'm hoping to have 0 PO's by August

Well I'm just waiting on Starlord, but I have that on Flex until March. As long as the backlog is cleared and I get all my PO's before the AOU figures start shipping I'll be happy. I'm hoping to have 0 PO's by August

Well I think you will be ok. The delay is going to push everything back I think. Even those AoU figures (if they where ever going to be out earlier then August which I'm not sure). I would be pretty confident that every figure announced for release dates this year will be bumped back at least two months, and maybe longer. At least for any Sideshow customers (which includes any other retailers that sideshow supplies). Just my own opinion given the situation and I have no hard evidence or anything. I just think it's going to take a long time to get caught up. Add to that the normal delays and it seems like that type of year.

Just got processing notice for Starboost...I was so happy and excited until I saw it was the 5 - 7 week notice...means nothing...

SOMEBODY HELP THESE TOYS HELD HOSTAGE !!!!!!!

Why don't they just announce these toys, no more than 2 months before they actually release?....like wth is the point of announcing something like the DeLorean with a release date in the year 2016!!! And then on top of that, the release almost always gets pushed even further...I'm assuming they do this, in order to control how much is produced and avoid having toys flop and sit in te warehouse?...scum move

Why don't they just announce these toys, no more than 2 months before they actually release?....like wth is the point of announcing something like the DeLorean with a release date in the year 2016!!! And then on top of that, the release almost always gets pushed even further...I'm assuming they do this, in order to control how much is produced and avoid having toys flop and sit in te warehouse?...scum move

I'm not sure how responsible business practice is a "scum move"? Do people even think before they say stuff anymore? There are many reasons why they announce when they do. There are many reasons why a figure gets pushed. The LA doc situation for example. Not something Hot Toys has any control over.

They announce so people can plan to spend the money. A 300-500 dollar single action figure is not a necessity. It's a luxury. One that many customers need to budget for.

There's also a difference between showing a figure at a show like toy soul and an actual figure announcement with release date and accepting orders. When a figure is announced and preorders are taken they try to keep it around a year.

I'm sure you think companies like Samsung and Sony and Ford and Land Rover and Bose and monster are all scum too right? They announce products years before they hit the market. At auto shows and CES and other expos.

I don't get the whole tone of your post. No ones forcing you to look for the announcement or news about figures let alone sign up for and post on a forum about it. They are not forcing you to pay any money in advance if you don't want to. They are not forcing you to spend a single dime, ever. How about you hold that disdain for things that actually fall under the scum move headline.

I think it's probably just a frustration or impatience thing really rather than actually meaning to call Hot Toys business practice into question..., all companies do it after all (Sideshow, Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Attakus, etc). I myself would usually like the things I see far sooner sometimes (when it's something I really want), I appreciate the time frame though because like you say, need to budget for these types of purchases & to be honest I'd probably not buy them if it was a case of buying them more or less instantly..., spreading the cost over a number of months is a helpful way to buy the more expensive things I collect. :)

Back