Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 171891

Just got this, my second Iron Man figure, today! I also own War Machine Mark 2 Diecast and the first thing I noticed with the Starboost is how much lighter a plastic Iron Man is. Was so use to the weight and feel of the Diecast. Nonetheless, I love love the look of this figure and it looks absolutely stunning displayed hovering or flying while being held by the dynamic stand. It looks eye-catching and is very unique among the Iron Man armours. I am not even a big Iron Man collector, but I got this because I really liked the look of the suit from the prototype pics and Hot Toys did not disappoint. My last Iron Man armour will be the DieCast Mark 3, which I am looking forward to displaying with my WM MK2 and Starboost!

That looks great there bebe13junior, excellent hovering pose. I think this armor is just as good as Heartbreaker, both unique in their own way and both really stand out out on a shelf

Starboost broke my 6th scale Iron Man cherry. I basically bought this cuz I love the color scheme and it looked really unique. Silver Centurion was another one I had considered. Liked the accessories in this one but I don't like how Silver Centurion looked more like a cherry.

Man, since someone asked if the paint on this will yellow with age I'm debating on whether I should order it or not. I'm a non-smoker and my display room is temperature controlled but as a collector of vintage toys I understand it could happen regardless. Are there similar HT releases with white paint...and are they holding up to time?

If you could only order one, Iron Patriot or Starboost, which would it be?

Man, since someone asked if the paint on this will yellow with age I'm debating on weather I should order it or not. I'm a non-smoker and my display room is temperature controlled but as a collector of vintage toys I understand it could happen regardless. Are there similar HT releases with white paint...and are they holding up to time?

If you could only order one, Iron Patriot or Starboost, which would it be?

I have both, and I like Starboost more. There is just something about his shelf presence that is awesome. IMO, I don't think you will have to worry about it yellowing.

I wonder what Tony sculpt will look the best on Starboost, I wanna pose him helmetless hanging out with Star-Lord

35f307433b2768d68066972330a4916b.jpg

UK buyers who ordered from CDUK, Lee said he's getting his first batch of this and Igor in on Monday. I hope I'm in the first batch!!

Back