Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Gemini

Same, it's just sooo bad*** and purdy at the same time :rotfl
I love the intakes on the shoulder, rectangle arc reactor window and the triangle jet exhaust on the back, it's the best suit design since the MK VII imo. So original, i absolutely love the helmet design too, the mouth design looks like a ninja and the ghosted visor eyes look incredible...it just has to be made doesn't it????? :panic:

Please HT!
mark40.jpg

Yeah :goodpost: its arguably the most impressive suit in the final battle :lecture plus Tony uses it to punch Killian a few times

Yeah :goodpost: its arguably the most impressive suit in the final battle :lecture plus Tony uses it to punch Killian a few times

Not too much of a criticism(I loved the movie), but i couldn't understand why Tony kept coming in close with the armours.
The Extremis dudes had proved they were able to match his armour up close. Every time he got near one, they chopped through his armour like butter.
I would have stayed about forty feet away and hit them with blast after blast of repulsors, lol.
If he's used Heart Breaker, he might have been able to take them out with the Chest RT.
:lol

Not too much of a criticism(I loved the movie), but i couldn't understand why Tony kept coming in close with the armours.
The Extremis dudes had proved they were able to match his armour up close. Every time he got near one, they chopped through his armour like butter.
I would have stayed about forty feet away and hit them with blast after blast of repulsors, lol.
If he's used Heart Breaker, he might have been able to take them out with the Chest RT.
I always wondered about this too. :dunno Even his portable repulsor blast was effective.

Well I think it's because Killian can dodge his repulsors easily since there was a couple times when tony tried to shoot him about 20 ft away and missed. Dont even need to mention flying 30 ft into the air and shooting..

also tony did use his repulsors on whiplash but whiplash had the ability to block them...unless tony wants to run outta power, he has to punch his villains LOL

I had a similar crit about IM2.
If Tony had taken off in the MKV and hovered thirty feet away, Whiplash wouldn't have been able to do squat to him...

I know, right? :dunno Didn't it take Whiplash both whips to deflect one shot? He could have shot another repulsor blast from the other hand while Whiplash was deflecting the first blast. Well, I guess if he did this the movie would've only been 45 minutes. :lol

If Tony had taken off in the MKV and hovered thirty feet away, Whiplash wouldn't have been able to do squat to him...

I highly doubt that a suitcase armor will be flight capable, he had no choice but to engage close up in that suit.

I highly doubt that a suitcase armor will be flight capable, he had no choice but to engage close up in that suit.

A common criticism levelled at the MKV was because it DIDN'T fly, that it COULDN'T fly.
There was an interview with Jon Favreau where he stated that the lack of flight was that Tony started off with repulsors thinking that no-one could defend against them(As he hadn't met anyone who was his equal in any suit), and that the suit was capable of flight, even though the mechanics of the fight never showed it. Once he realised that he needed to get closer to Vanko, he just knuckled under and got closer to finish it fast.
Of course, there's no way to actually tell what could have happened.

Well I think it's because Killian can dodge his repulsors easily since there was a couple times when tony tried to shoot him about 20 ft away and missed. Dont even need to mention flying 30 ft into the air and shooting..

also tony did use his repulsors on whiplash but whiplash had the ability to block them...unless tony wants to run outta power, he has to punch his villains LOL

For sure.
It makes sense for Tony to take it up close.
It was only an observation and it didn't ruin a great movie. I loved it anyway.

Not really... the Extremis soldies had no problem with lame suits like Peacemaker or Red Snapper but the Mark VIII survived to the last minute, and that was a more or less old armor. So they can fight suits that are not made for battle but suits like Heartbreaker, Shotgun or even Hot Rod are a different story

He never touched him with the repulsors he was way too fast :lol in the end it wouldn't make a difference Killian was just too poweful but Tony defeated him staying away from him so I think you are right.

Plus, Pepper killed him with an arm missile (when he was already very weak) I think is hard to know how the fight would end if Killian faced the Mark VII or Heartbreaker in my opinion Killian would win 90% of the time but who knows :dunno

Same, it's just sooo bad*** and purdy at the same time :rotfl
I love the intakes on the shoulder, rectangle arc reactor window and the triangle jet exhaust on the back, it's the best suit design since the MK VII imo. So original, i absolutely love the helmet design too, the mouth design looks like a ninja and the ghosted visor eyes look incredible...it just has to be made doesn't it????? :panic:

Please HT!
This suit ticks all kinds of awesomeness :rock

Then they would've ranted it about being too Dragonball-esque. Not that I would've minded though.

I dunno what Favreau said but it has been mentioned that the Mk V wasn't flight capable as it was designed as an emergency combat suit.

I dunno what Favreau said but it has been mentioned that the Mk V wasn't flight capable as it was designed as an emergency combat suit.

All the "MKV cannot fly" talk is just fan speculation.
Based on the interview with Favreau, i'd just imagine it *could* fly(Limited flight capability, not the "trying to break the SR-71 record" that Tony was trying with the MKII or MKIII), but Tony was just totally caught off guard.
The "King Of The Hill complex" he showed at the government hearing.

Agreed, the Unibeam is the most powerful weapon built into the Iron Man "high tech prosthesis", with Heartbreakers being artillery-grade, he probably could've blown up everything and everyone there.

A common criticism levelled at the MKV was because it DIDN'T fly, that it COULDN'T fly.
There was an interview with Jon Favreau where he stated that the lack of flight was that Tony started off with repulsors thinking that no-one could defend against them(As he hadn't met anyone who was his equal in any suit), and that the suit was capable of flight, even though the mechanics of the fight never showed it. Once he realised that he needed to get closer to Vanko, he just knuckled under and got closer to finish it fast.
Of course, there's no way to actually tell what could have happened.

Fair enough, never liked the MK V myself so never thought much about it.

I just love Gemini and this guy \/ such epic designs!

attachment.php

Are there any more conventions coming up for Hot Toys? Hoping we'll see an articulated version of this before the year ends.

Still doesn't look articulated, c'mon HT i wanna pre-order

553032_508978149181078_445422018_n.jpg

1150297_508978265847733_1650906747_n.jpg

1002591_508978289181064_952548109_n.jpg

All the "MKV cannot fly" talk is just fan speculation.
Based on the interview with Favreau, i'd just imagine it *could* fly(Limited flight capability, not the "trying to break the SR-71 record" that Tony was trying with the MKII or MKIII), but Tony was just totally caught off guard.
The "King Of The Hill complex" he showed at the government hearing.

Personally I dont think it can fly like the other suits, I think its an "oh **** need some armor quickly so I can get to a bigger suit" kinda armor, maybe foot booster jumps for kicks and short distances (like when mk 3 knees Iron Monger) and I think that makes the mk 5 cooler, its very bare bones and only has repulsors

though it does have what I asume would be the same RT's as the other suits and is powered by the same chest piece so flight is quite possilbe, who knows though

Still doesn't look articulated, c'mon HT i wanna pre-order

I was really hoping to see something new from Taiwan. Gemini still looks good, but some of the black honeycombed details don't look that great to me. I know this is still clearly a prototype, but I just want to see more progress!:rotfl

I was really hoping to see something new from Taiwan. Gemini still looks good, but some of the black honeycombed details don't look that great to me. I know this is still clearly a prototype, but I just want to see more progress!:rotfl

Yeah i'm disappointed they haven't made any progress on this and that nothing new was revealed. Anymore HT conventions coming up? Still hoping for Shotgun even tho it seems futile

Back