Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the Mark 42 and 43, my theory is that each individual piece has its own internal arc reactor. The 42 and 43 were designed to be able to fly around in separate pieces at Tony's command, so it would make sense that they could all individually operate using their own power source rather than relying on a single arc reactor. In IM3, when the pieces flew from Tennessee to Miami, one arm and one leg arrived successfully and were fully functional, long before the rest of the armor arrived, which further discourages the idea that the pieces rely on proximity to a single power source or to each other for power.

The concept art of the Mark 46 from Civil War suggests the Mark 46 might do the same thing. The only difference is that the arc reactors are externally visible. The armor is covered with small arc reactors, which could each individually belong to a particular body part.

So when Tony used the Mark 43 gauntlet to try to lift Thor's hammer, it was probably operating on its own unique power source located inside the piece itself, independent of the armor's central arc reactor. Just my guess. I know this stuff is entirely fictional, but it's still kind of interesting to think about.

Ok, fine...I'm gonna have to buy this set now. Darn it, I was really trying hard not to but I love the armor and I want to pose Pepper with my Tony Stark "Mechanic" figure. :slap Give me some credit, I did hold out for a few days. :lol

My point is, yes the 42 and maybe the 43 were designed to be prehensile as was the 41. But the Mk IX wasn't. It was still a Chinese puzzle box opening system with non separating parts. All suit parts were powered by the chest RT. The arm shouldn't have been able to fire a blast. I get that it's all fiction and was something that was probably overlooked, but since I saw the movie when it first came out, it took me this long to notice the error! lol. Just like I finally realized it was Peter Billingsley that Obidiah was yelling at, and that was the first movie!
Ryan

My point is, yes the 42 and maybe the 43 were designed to be prehensile as was the 41. But the Mk IX wasn't. It was still a Chinese puzzle box opening system with non separating parts. All suit parts were powered by the chest RT. The arm shouldn't have been able to fire a blast. I get that it's all fiction and was something that was probably overlooked, but since I saw the movie when it first came out, it took me this long to notice the error! lol. Just like I finally realized it was Peter Billingsley that Obidiah was yelling at, and that was the first movie!
Ryan

Oh I was just making a general statement after someone asked how the 43's gauntlet could operate by itself. I didn't intend for it to apply to the Mark 9, because you're right when you say that it doesn't. The way I see it, there are two explanations for why the Mark 9 repulsor worked. One, overlooked plothole. Two, the repulsors might carry a small amount of emergency backup power. Actually, that seems like a pretty reasonable theory, since at the end of the first IM movie, the Mark 3 ran out of power and Jarvis said something like "now running on emergency backup power." That could be it! Otherwise...yeah, plothole.

That's why I hated the mark 42 flying in bits. I was happy for the whole suit to fly without a pilot but the face mask?

Someone commented that the head with the Pepper face sculpt isn't canon because she didn't wear the Mk IX. The head is for the Mk XLII figure, which she did wear.
Ryan

The 42 parts may not need the full reactor but that's the first suit to have that and in IM3 it was a prototype. The glove photo from im1 doesn't do anything becuase you can see its hooked to Starks arc. So for the other suits they all have a reactor built in, that's why they can fly in their own. It's why in aou they work at all. But when you pull it apart as pepper did it wouldn't work.

The screen shot was in response to the poster who said it wasn't connected to the chest RT in the first movie, it clearly was. Look directly above the image for the quote.

And Pepper only fired the repulsor once like 5 seconds after it was ripped off the suit, it wasn't doing anything sustained, why couldn't it have one last burst saved in it like a capacitor? Tony's backup repulsor he used in Tennessee was a one off as well.

Now, now people... we've just had a movie where the hero shrunk down to the microverse... don't be dwelling too much on what laws of physics apply to the suit.. :lecture

Ok, fine...I'm gonna have to buy this set now. Darn it, I was really trying hard not to but I love the armor and I want to pose Pepper with my Tony Stark "Mechanic" figure. :slap Give me some credit, I did hold out for a few days. :lol

I right there with you, i have not PO yet but will soon :duff

joined the raffle and was fortunately picked. however, the order was incorrect and the selected item is Ms Potts only.
when i pre ordered in ACGHK, i asked if it's possible to change and she said yes. so Im happy now since I'll get the ones I really intended to get
in this set (Shotgun and the Mark ix/Pepper combo)

only got the set since the armor isn't available seperately :(

joined the raffle and was fortunately picked. however, the order was incorrect and the selected item is Ms Potts only.
when i pre ordered in ACGHK, i asked if it's possible to change and she said yes. so Im happy now since I'll get the ones I really intended to get
in this set (Shotgun and the Mark ix/Pepper combo)

only got the set since the armor isn't available seperately :(
Hot Toy's preordering methods are "ma fan".

I wonder if the mk9 comes in its own box or packed in with pepper? That would suck for trying to get him later on ebay, no box of his own.

Back