Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Whiplash Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait for it.....

WAIT for it....

user3464_pic10173_1270174688.gif

Actually I always thought Ram became Whiplash, like after his movie ended he just said " Screw it I'm gonna be a super villain " :lol :monkey5

:lol I've been waiting for the right time to post that .gif. Now, my life is complete! :lol

It's amazing how one post can totally change the direction of a thread. :lol

This Bud is for you, Skiman! :rock :duff

I have a feeling that if the character gets a full body costume, as is rumored, and HT makes that figure as well that there's going to be a lot of peeps cancelling this first Whiplash.

I do wonder if a fuller armor is going to happen. I'm starting to doubt it. i think the rumor started because of the concept design they did for the Iron Man VS Whiplash comic that presented a new Whiplash. But that could have been solely for the comic. We'll see.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more on this yet. But I'm pretty new to this (really just started getting the disposable income for these) and I was going off the wait time between the teaser and reveal of War Machine.

This IS the longest wait between a teaser and production pics that ive experienced from Hot Toys.Particularly noteable that Sideshow were taking pre-orders for this figure without production pictures.

This IS the longest wait between a teaser and production pics that ive experienced from Hot Toys.Particularly noteable that Sideshow were taking pre-orders for this figure without production pictures.

I wonder if the wait is due to HT wanting to make sure they locked down Mickey Rourke's likeness approval before putting out the specs and pics. Of course, I'm conjecturing, but after what happened with the Stark likeness on the Iron Man BD figure it's not a stretch to assume that they learned something.

The full figure and likeness was revealed in hyper hobby magazine weeks ago.

Means nothing until HT puts out their official pics and specs. Milk Magazine had early pics of the IM BD figure with a RDJ Stark likeness that was ultimately changed in the 11th hour before release.

I saw the pics in the official Hot Toys ad, Hyper Hobby, May issue.

Yep, that has made it on the web too.

repost guys

20100324_64ecf7c2179b3fc55e81PiHwl3LoTD92.jpg

I think what the poster is saying though is that you cant really go by those pictures. And since they've only released a teaser here than for this market than there's a good chance changes are in store or at least possible. Otherwise, we'd probably have seen these pictures in a more official capacity. I know that seems weird in the internet age. Once a picture is out there it's everywhere.

But strange stuff can happen. I do design work at a hobby/toy company who specializes in RC. We have a new radio coming out this year. It was revealed at the Nuremberg Toy Fair because of the way that buying works in the European market but we're still "teasing" it here in our marketing... although everyone knows what it looks like because they saw the pics on the web. The thought being that stuff is still changing (getting better, actually) and that we're more beholden to what we show officially versus what people see of prototypes through unofficial channels.

I just got my 1st of 3 emails of pics of this guy, so they are finally coming out!

But is anyone else not happy his clothes are brown instead of orange like in the trailers?

But the headsculpt looks great to me! Much better than War Machine anyway.

im2whiplashpr12.jpg

I just got my 1st of 3 emails of pics of this guy, so they are finally coming out!
...you tell us this and dont show us the pics...grrr...or do you have to wait for wookster to get them?

But is anyone else not happy his clothes are brown instead of orange like in the trailers?
it doesn't really bother me at all. i still like the overall look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back