Hot Toys Inglorious Basterds Aldo Raine review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
If you're a fan of Tarantino, it's safe to say you enjoyed Inglorious Basterds. As much as I enjoyed the film, it wasn't one I was expecting Hot Toys to pick up - but they did. I didn't really think much of the Aldo Raine figure from the prototype shots, but with the hope of getting a Landa eventually, I ordered one anyway. And now that I have him, I'm blown away! Great sculpt and paint, fantastic outfit, and a ton of accessories really make this figure a stand out.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Nice review and pics, as usual. Excellent film, but without the real star of the film (Landa) to pose him with, I don't have much interest in picking up Raine. And I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that we will get an HT version of Landa by any means.

This figure is one of the few HT releases that isn't very visually interesting, IMO. Outside of those who enjoy the film, or who are huge Brad Pitt fans, I can't see many people wanting to pick it up. Who knows how many of these were produced, but assuming the production run is on the order of the typical HT releases, I can envision this one going on sale eventually. Nothing to do with the quality of the figure (which seems amazing), just the look and nature of the character aren't going to grab the attention of general pop culture collectors, I don't think.

Did I miss the voting section? Anyways awesome review Mike, I can't friggin' wait for Aldo to hit my local shop.

"but there's also the blue cap. I don't think there's any good way for him to actually wear it"

guess you havent been following the official thread...

picture7cw.png

You think that looks good? Dude, the hat looks awful in that shot - what is he, rasfatarian? I didn't say he couldn't wear it, I said 'good' way.

That figure alone turn me into a Hot Toys fan.True Story.

You think that looks good? Dude, the hat looks awful in that shot - what is he, rasfatarian? I didn't say he couldn't wear it, I said 'good' way.

rasfatarian :lol you dyselxic? (rastafarian) ;)

btw...i'm trying so hard to not get this figure unless they release more from the line, and your pics make it so much tougher, michael...damn you :lol

rasfatarian :lol you dyselxic? (rastafarian) ;)

btw...i'm trying so hard to not get this figure unless they release more from the line, and your pics make it so much tougher, michael...damn you :lol

I'm afraid it seems our Colonel Hans Landa may have gone to a nice farm in the countryside to hang out with Rorshach and Nostromo Suit Ripley.

I am trying to resist this figure. You are not helping things, Michael. Argggggggh, he looks so amazing.

Your pics and review are really making me consider picking up this figure despite the fact I'm not a huge fan of the particular expression HT chose. Very nice review!

Sweet review, but I'm still holding off. Maybe if/when HT makes Landa I'll want to pick up Aldo. And I'd rather have Also in his tuxedo instead.

Yep, Landa will be the deciding factor of whether I'll get this or not. Hear that Hot Toys!?

I'm getting Aldo regardless. I hope HT doesn't make him a one hit wonder. He would be better paired with Landa*

*which I would buy in a NY minute of Hot Toys made him!

Back