1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you remove the paint?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Very carefully and it took awhile. I used some very mild cleaning wipes used for giving IV's (i work at a hospital) and just slowly rubbed it away. It was extremely slow. I honestly did not think it would work and i would have to have it repainted by someone but it came out fine. There is still a little bit in-between the wrinkles but you have to look for it and you can't see it on the shelf.

Finally got around to opening this guy up last night, and my ham-hands already broke off two of the small tabs while removing the “buttons” on the chest. 🤬

SO my all time favorite look for Thor was the Gladiator look, but this is just a much better figure overall. The Ragnarok Thor figure has his proportions all wrong. But there are still aspects of that costume that I prefer, so i bought some loose parts and a spare cape/collar from Toy Anxiety, and I'm trying something.
50342127_290802691793425_2989627641260146688_n.jpg
49900373_228145094782256_6257214210023882752_n.jpg
49321427_2134943079896963_5976729283404496896_n.jpg
49418630_788073791571436_1336865878628630528_n.jpg

SO my all time favorite look for Thor was the Gladiator look, but this is just a much better figure overall. The Ragnarok Thor figure has his proportions all wrong. But there are still aspects of that costume that I prefer, so i bought some loose parts and a spare cape/collar from Toy Anxiety, and I'm trying something.
View attachment 439958
View attachment 439959
View attachment 439957
View attachment 439960

No offence but That looks like a hot mess...kinda reminds me of when I used to take my wrestlers apart and put the different parts together when I was 12

To those of you who own the figure, is there any discernible difference between the swap out breast plates? I feel like I typically have an eye for detail but I cannot tell the difference between the two sets, which surely there must be one? Trying to determine if mine was packed with two of the same set in error.

To those of you who own the figure, is there any discernible difference between the swap out breast plates? I feel like I typically have an eye for detail but I cannot tell the difference between the two sets, which surely there must be one? Trying to determine if mine was packed with two of the same set in error.

shoot, i own the figure & i can’t even tell the difference in person!
last i checked, one set was slightly larger than the other (VERY small difference), but i couldn’t tell which ones went with which look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just got this guy in and super excited to unbox, probably do it tomorrow.

are there any creasing issues with him that I should be aware of/try to avoid.

I kinda want to pose him like he's mid air in the wakanda scene so it would have his are straight back holding storm breaker and right leg bent at the knee

shoot, i own the figure & i can’t even tell the difference in person!
last i checked, one set was slightly larger than the other (VERY small difference), but i couldn’t tell which ones went with which look!

The ones that come loose in the box and (I suppose) need to be added for a screen accurate look if you're going with the sleeveless version, are just slightly longer below the disc. I don't even think is a quarter inch. In fact when I set the figure up after getting him last week, I accidentally had one of each on him and only noticed it a while later when I was admiring the figure again.

Is there an easier way to remove the chest discs? I got 5 of them off but couldn't remove the bottom left one at all to do the lightening effect. I've got most of it set but the buttons are unusually hard to deal with.
d19906f6d296baf7c7431330bcdf833f.jpg
1440ccfa619a51531ee9759874b0b3df.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Probably but the metal tweezers might scratch the paint or edges of the chest and circles.

Back