1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll have to see how that Bad Tomato measured up to the HT one. Axe seems bigger but the handle seems about the same size as HTs but with out the vines

Idk it looks to be the same size. that body there using is probably not a thor type of body which i believe is bigger. And i would also like to see the quality...im not familiar with the company, do they have a web site?

It's bigger. Look at the distance from knee to thigh compared to blade/hammer size on the Thor figure compared to knee to thigh on (what I believe) is a coomodel standard. Height is rarely modified on any 1/6 body at the thigh, it's always the shin and ankle.
c0d197602b0bf44edcfdc2d549821b16.jpg

attachment.php

That being said, my suspicion is that this is from a Hasbro figure and it's been recast and modded to light up. Just my two cents without doing much research. Also be aware that the lightning effects are heavily shopped on that picture, there's extra arcs that aren't going to be there on the final product.

All the YouTube reviews I’ve seen so far make this figure look exceptional. Does anyone know if the eyes shine under a normal light or does it have to be UV :dunno

Struggle to watch that review to be honest. I see nothing in the video that backs up any of the opinions stated - like the head sculpt being superior, or results of the UV eye test - which doesn’t work at all and gives the same non-result on both.

Struggle to watch that review to be honest. I see nothing in the video that backs up any of the opinions stated - like the head sculpt being superior, or results of the UV eye test - which doesn’t work at all and gives the same non-result on both.

There are other reviews..the figure looks sharp but it’s still Thor, so that’s why I might pass

It's bigger. Look at the distance from knee to thigh compared to blade/hammer size on the Thor figure compared to knee to thigh on (what I believe) is a coomodel standard. Height is rarely modified on any 1/6 body at the thigh, it's always the shin and ankle.
c0d197602b0bf44edcfdc2d549821b16.jpg

attachment.php

That being said, my suspicion is that this is from a Hasbro figure and it's been recast and modded to light up. Just my two cents without doing much research. Also be aware that the lightning effects are heavily shopped on that picture, there's extra arcs that aren't going to be there on the final product.

Hmmm i dont see any hasbro hammers that look like this one but its a solid thought. I am very very curious where the sculpt comes from

I think the headsculpt is a tad better, thus making it superior hahhaa but honestly it is very minor, mostly cos of the detachable hair part on the Gladiator that made it a bit off. And I never care for the uv feature, and I know where you are coming from, it looks the same but maybe the camera can't capture the fx well? I am not sure and prob will never find out cos there is no way I'm getting a uv light just for this.
But after seeing the reviews, I think I'll definitely love my gladiator thor more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have various halloween lights that might do the trick. Not really worried about the glowing eyes or if it's a 100% perfect HS i just want this figure because it's the best Thor i have seen on screen so far.

I have various halloween lights that might do the trick. Not really worried about the glowing eyes or if it's a 100% perfect HS i just want this figure because it's the best Thor i have seen on screen so far.

I think this is a great Thor. Movie wise he was fine, I felt they ignored some of the growth from Ragnarok (now he needs to have a hammer to be the God of Thunder again?) Figure wise, I would say Roadworn and Gladiator are also top of the line with regards to Thor figures. If I didn't have a Thor, this would be a great one to grab. But I already own Gladiator, and do have limited space...so hard to justify all these shaved headed Thors. Getting multiples of the same character is a real stretch for myself and others. Plus, I don't really like this Thor costume that much. The bear arms make it look better, but then we are getting pretty close to gladiator thor.

The rule breaker though is Iron Man. I only have the DC MK 6, but that Concept Art 46 is just tremendous. It is arguably one of the best MCU armor designs, one of the most advanced looking, and yet the paint scheme is reminiscent of classic comics. It is a figure that I could display with almost any marvel shelf and make it work. I feel about 75% chance of nabbing that at this point.

Back