1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hadn’t noticed that on mine and I honestly don’t even recall that issue. Do you remember if it was the long coat or the short one?

It was the short jacket since that's the one it came packaged with...although I'm sure the long jacket would have the same issue if extended contact was made with the jacket and skin.

Thinking about applying the "hair-dryer fix" to my own when I unbox him later today. Is there anything I should look out for or be warned about prior? Thanks in advance!

Really impressive figure this one. Stands out in the collection with his size alone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Really impressive figure this one. Stands out in the collection with his size alone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Many of the other IW figures have accessories that revolve around the fight on Titan with this guy.. definitely will stand out if your display is on IW.

Looking to possibly pick this guy up. How possible is to get him in these poses in the attached pictures?

20191003_161914.jpg20191003_161842.jpg20191003_161814.jpg

You would need to fudge it a bit because his pants will restrict his legs. You can have drax sitting up more to cover it up I suppose. I was going to try this pose on my figure but opted for the moon throw instead. I'm curious to see how yours turns out though.

You would need to fudge it a bit because his pants will restrict his legs. You can have drax sitting up more to cover it up I suppose. I was going to try this pose on my figure but opted for the moon throw instead. I'm curious to see how yours turns out though.

Appreciate the reply. I was thinking of something similar as you mentioned. If Thanos can't get that pose 100% then I'm sure adjustments will need to be made. I'm thinking if I can get close to this then it's all gold. Hoping they release Mantis and Drax.

yes, it comes with only the mad head sculpt and the bent arm with gauntlet, but thats all i need it so im very happy with it.

I'm curious if this figure has languished because of cost or because folks genuinely waited for the armored version. I know I'm on the latter camp but for it to get a free shipping tag on SS tells you it REALLY hasn't been moving units.

I'm curious if this figure has languished because of cost or because folks genuinely waited for the armored version. I know I'm on the latter camp but for it to get a free shipping tag on SS tells you it REALLY hasn't been moving units.

Or they were just overly stocked. There’s no telling how many they actually sold.

A 1 year gap between 2 'mega' movies is too small. Maybe things would have gone differently if the movies were 2-3 years apart like most Avengers movies. Alot of collectors can't afford multiple iterations of the same character, or they simply don't have the space. Both the IW and EG versions are not cheap at all and I can imagine alot of cancellations were made for the IW version when the fully armored EG version was announced.

Maybe he will appreciate in value later down the road, along with the other IW figures. Only time will tell. But for now, he's selling for peanuts. I've seen brand new ones move for as low as $280 with free shipping.

Well we all thought that Dark Side Anakin was a slow mover but it turns out HT was still sending SSC stock up until this virus outbreak so it could be the same with this and others.

A 1 year gap between 2 'mega' movies is too small. Maybe things would have gone differently if the movies were 2-3 years apart like most Avengers movies. Alot of collectors can't afford multiple iterations of the same character, or they simply don't have the space. Both the IW and EG versions are not cheap at all and I can imagine alot of cancellations were made for the IW version when the fully armored EG version was announced.

Maybe he will appreciate in value later down the road, along with the other IW figures. Only time will tell. But for now, he's selling for peanuts. I've seen brand new ones move for as low as $280 with free shipping.

I agree with this assessment; yes there are going to be a few collectors with the disposable income to get all 3 Thanos figures. For myself & many others we are going to stick to our favorite flavor of one. Myself I’m more than happy with the Infinity War flavour as the armored versions IMHO lack posability.
Down the road who knows what version is going to have the favor of the collectors market? My thinking is that the armored version is going to have the short term gains but long term the Damaged or Infinity versions might see even higher gains. With a possible loss of interest due to the MCU in reboot mode & collectors perhaps not having as much money to spend on figures in coming years. It may take a while to see any gains at all on the 3 versions of Thanos.

Back