1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f1384860746b0ac30f9842c1197652ae.jpg
51f2b1e6c0d06c2572dea1a056f69672.jpg

Man those first two pictures don't look right.....

hahahahah. I didn't catch that till you pointed it out but I guess it can be looked at like that too. hehhehe. Poor Thor went to prison and has been made somebody's girlfriend hehhehe.

Despite wavering on this figure in favor of EG Thanos...just pulled the trigger on IW Thanos.

Hoping I didn't make a poor decision.

Good choice. :clap Provided you're willing to spend a few minutes using a hairdryer on his armored vest, you should be quite pleased with him.

Nah, I think I'm gonna forego futzing with a brand-new $370 figure and just accept the shoulder gap. I just don't feel comfortable trying to heat up plastic to mend into a more movie-accurate piece. I do commend the collectors that are crafty and/or who have balls big enough to execute that mod though. I just don't think I'm handy enough to accomplish it.

Is there any way to maneuver the arms themselves higher at all to minimize the gap? Or is the hairdryer trick the only game in town?

Nah, I think I'm gonna forego futzing with a brand-new $370 figure and just accept the shoulder gap. I just don't feel comfortable trying to heat up plastic to mend into a more movie-accurate piece. I do commend the collectors that are crafty and/or who have balls big enough to execute that mod though. I just don't think I'm handy enough to accomplish it.

Is there any way to maneuver the arms themselves higher at all to minimize the gap? Or is the hairdryer trick the only game in town?

No, that's the quickest/easiest way to do it. There's really nothing to it - just pop off his head and arms, heat up the shoulders, upper back and chest areas to make things a bit pliable, then push down on the vest. You can be conservative at the start and not heat it up too much and see if you're satisfied with the results. Once you're comfortable with how much heat you can apply, it's pretty quick. With the arms off you can just push down with your thumbs while holding his body in the arm socket area with your fingers (basically pinching them together). You might want to put on gloves though, depending on how hot you get the plastic.

Just pose it right and it's really a not an issue.

I like the figure, i even bought a 2nd. but he does seem a little shorter, and a little skinnier than he should be. That os more noticeable to me than the shoulder gap.

So the Mad Titan finally got delivered this afternoon, but I only had time to get to opening him up now for a very quick session. Gotta say, the box that he got shipped in was massive (since it was double boxed)...so that sheer size alone was impressive.

Overall I'm pretty content with this figure, although I think I need more time with it before I can fully appreciate it. Unfortunately for me, mine came with a slight defect and it was the first thing I noticed when I pulled him out of the packaging. His neck has a scratch on it and when I pulled the head off I noticed there was a paint blemish/spot also, although that one doesn't bother me much since it's hidden when the head is on.

The one on the neck does bother me and I'm contemplating whether or not I should get it exchanged, but I kinda don't want to cause it's gonna be a hassle since the neck is attached to the entire body...which means I would need to send the entire body back and not just a small piece. So I'm not entirely sure if it's worth the trouble...

What do you guys think? Get a replacement or live with the scratch?

neck2.jpg
neck1.jpg

Anyways, aside from that, I gotta say the figure photographs really well! It looks great in lighting that shows off all the crevasses, scars, and details on his face. Despite it looking great, I gotta say I do find the build-quality a little lacking...I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that arms are squishy, or that they utilized plastic instead of fabric for the shirt, or that the heads feel a little light, but there's definitely something lacking in terms of that premium-feel to it. Like I want to say the Tony Stark 46/47 headsculpt feels a little more weighty to it...or maybe it's just in my head?

I dunno...but regardless the headsculpt looks great! Here are some quick cellphone shots.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

That kind of mark would bother me. The top one I wouldn’t care. My Starlord has the red dye marks on his neck from the jacket but you can’t see it at all so meh. But that bottom mark in yours is obvious.

Yes, probably best to get a replacement. As it's darker than his skin tone, I'd first be tempted to take the corner of one of those Magic Eraser pads and lightly rub it to see if I could lighten it up & blend it in, but I know you've been hesitant to mess with figures in the past. Plus with it just out of the box that shouldn't be necessary.

Back