1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone interested I started pulling the articulated gauntlet apart to see if it can be reworked into a snap:
EE8E92CC-68C9-483A-B2C9-61F07F7F047B.jpg

Got mine yesterday. The shoulder gap doesn't bother me. I forgot about it until just now.

But, I will say the figure is underwhelming to me. There just isn't a lot going on. He's big and the gauntlet and HS are great but he feels kind of plain and boring to me. And his size makes it worse. He takes up so much space but doesn't have a lot of visual interest.

I definitely see myself selling him when the Armored Thanos comes out.

EDIT - I wanted to add that he isn't very dynamic either. He can't get into very many poses and bending his arms is out of the question. Doesn't leave a lot to work with.

I dont want this taken the wrong way but he was kind of plain looking in the actual film. Bending his arms for short periods is ok if you are looking at them from the front but otherwise, yeah the bunching up is really bad from the side, cant believe there wont be a 3rd party that comes with bent arms and snappable gauntlet.

As far as articulation, he was about what i expected after playing with the previous hulk figures. He can move a bit, yoga posing is definitely out so he wont look like he is joining the rest of my dolls. Namiste.

With a bunch of dremeling around the thumb, and some on the finger they will reach each other.

View attachment 456394
Will def need fill a few spots to help it look a bit better, but I think it’s a good start.

Nice, will it need some paint app for the dremeled area or is it only the exposed (cut) edge which is perhaps not so visible ??

I guess you have a hole on the other side of the thumb where you've achieved more thumb travel towards the finger right ? I guess that's the price you have to pay to make the snap work properly. But if it's not so visible then that's also OK I reckon.

Just curious, how were you able to remove the gauntlet from the Titan Hero Series Thanos? I've been trying to do the same thing so that I can swap it out with the gauntlet on the EG Thanos because that version has the ugly PowerFX port placed annoyingly on the side of the gauntlet.

I put the marvel legend fig in boiling water. The plastic gets very loose. It should come right off with a little tug. And no damage to the paint/structure of the gauntlet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone interested I started pulling the articulated gauntlet apart to see if it can be reworked into a snap:
View attachment 456387
You beat me to it I'm in the middle of dremeling myself! Been busy lately haven't had much time to finish besides the snapping arm, and I didn't completely finish that!
6dbf6ec2c5a747cea4f894da004b37db.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well you did beat me to the burnt arm look, I’ve been thinking about getting a second one to maul the left side up and bury a Stormbreaker in.
I had to forgo the articulation of the fingers this morning, they will be glued stationary:
39334C60-0633-447B-884C-4BF0F748439B.jpg

Well you did beat me to the burnt arm look, I’ve been thinking about getting a second one to maul the left side up and bury a Stormbreaker in.
I had to forgo the articulation of the fingers this morning, they will be glued stationary:
View attachment 456426
The arm is tough to work on. The "skin" is over the frame of the arm. Can't Dremel any damage onto it because it's so soft, can't cut into it because it's way too soft, so I just simply painted it. The glove needs a ton more work. I feel bad destroying it but, hey.
689883dc320346e0168f8d6439fbdcbf.jpg
179a7926a058279e2570b522c5dc5f04.jpg

View attachment 456426
What happened to the articulation in the fingers?

There’s a T shape at the end of each finger for it to move slightly. I dremeled those down and dremeled the angles onto the bottom to get the fingers into the correct positions for the snap. I had to get to work, but after work I’ll snap a photo of these in place with some double sided tape so you can see how they now sit.

I’ve been thinking about the damaged arm and how to achieve the right look. Even just painting it seems to get it close.
Also Creg Customs is making a “burnt” gauntlet. You can order through Facebook.
If they are not able to pull off the snap with the given articulation, can you fabricate something else to hold them into place? Like melting rods of plastic?
Hard to explain...
I'd hate to sacrifice articulation to achieve the snapping gesture, you know?

I know what you mean, but if you want the snap pose, you’re gonna lose the articulation. The MCP(knuckle) joints just aren’t designed to move enough. I bought a second articulated hand to do this, otherwise I probably wouldn’t be ripping it apart. The middle, ring and pinky fingers don’t close anywhere near far enough. The thumb required a lot of material to be removed, I’ll probably end up patching a spot. The only one I could’ve maybe left stock was the index finger. I will make sure to take some pictures next to the stock hand when it’s done.

Back