1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b696b4e6f0ab073baa8b19f77afc2614.jpg

Pretty excited, as I also received my email from Sideshow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received Thanos today!
This is the closest I could get to that pose:
6ed4ae0ba59888a88c4e4c59fa7503e8.jpg
870efc48739ea909a8f00d7a972dc09a.jpg

I had to add his base to either the top or bottom of the stairs to get him to sit up straight. He was leaning a little back before because the stairs aren’t very tall (these are the steps that came with ‘89 Mime Joker DX). I think I’ll put his base under the stairs. The biggest challenge with getting that pose are his arms, his stiff ab crunch (due to the outfit) and his feet. The arms are impossible to pivot inward. He’d need some shoulder articulation to do this. His feet can move on the ball joint to stay flat on the floor, but it looks ugly due to exposing the ankle joints at the base of his boots.

He can sit better than that. He has an ab crunch, it's pretty tight tho.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just queried the delay and was advised my order is set to ship from the HK warehouse which is still awaiting stock but US warehouse may have received them. I so need this in my collection 😠

Just queried the delay and was advised my order is set to ship from the HK warehouse which is still awaiting stock but US warehouse may have received them. I so need this in my collection ��

That's nuts. I pre-ordered this guy in July 2018 and I've had mine for a few weeks now. No clue how they sort these orders but it's def not first come first serve lol

He can sit better than that. He has an ab crunch, it's pretty tight tho.

If it does it's not much if anything. That midsection feels as tight as 2x4

When achieving this pose, I got his ab crunch to click once. Can it click more times? I used quite a bit of force, and I don’t want to break my figure.
b365d1545596d3264d96bd106d702760.jpg

That's nuts. I pre-ordered this guy in July 2018 and I've had mine for a few weeks now. No clue how they sort these orders but it's def not first come first serve lol

It's so crazy how they sort these orders out. I pre ordered on the 1st day and my friend ordered one last month & he has already received his 7 day notification e-mail.

When achieving this pose, I got his ab crunch to click once. Can it click more times? I used quite a bit of force, and I don’t want to break my figure.

It does move forward more, but each fig may be different. His legs can also fold in more. I got him to sit normally, just looks unnatural because it's a figure not made to look good sitting. Aesthetically looks best in museum poses.

When I had this apart the ab joint is actually quite flexible. It’s the rubber suit that stops it. So you maybe could get more crunch, depends on how much the suit will flex.

i think how long youve been buying and how much you spend per year could be the only reasons some get theirs before others even though they ordered later. i guess where they are being shipped to could also be a factor but not sure how.

i think how long youve been buying and how much you spend per year could be the only reasons some get theirs before others even though they ordered later. i guess where they are being shipped to could also be a factor but not sure how.

Nope. I have ordered a ton of stuff over the years and i have ordered day one hour one and got my figure weeks after people who ordered a couple months before it shipped and i have ordered after it was released and got it in the 1st shipment.

It's completely random.

I've pulled my order (I simply won't be able to accommodate both this and EG Thanos in the limited space I have)...so that may have freed up a slot for someone else.

Nope. I have ordered a ton of stuff over the years and i have ordered day one hour one and got my figure weeks after people who ordered a couple months before it shipped and i have ordered after it was released and got it in the 1st shipment.

It's completely random.

Have you ever cancelled an order? I think BBTS holds it against you but I dont know about sideshow.

It's completely random.

One day I went from email to chat to phone talking to (and doing a full court press) 4 different people at SSC regarding how they choose. I didn’t get an exact answer but was assured that it is NOT random and when you place your order is NOT a factor either. The way it was explained to me was in a very obscure way so that the representative manager of the day couldn’t be totally specific and face repercussions.

It actually sounded like they have a system that will “sometimes” prioritize orders placed using their payment plans and furthermore will also push customers to the front of the line that are new or have not ordered in some unspecified amount of time. Yeah I know this all sounds counterintuitive from a collectors’ POV but after sitting on this information for a few days I realized that it incentivizes you to pay them monthly (which is dumb In my opinion because keeping the money invested even in just a regular savings account will accrue some interest) while also making new and/or infrequent customers feel like they are important and should order more from the site. And that’s the brilliant part, they reel you in, want to bleed you for multiple orders every month (I suspect as I only use full pay) until you get to a point that the system can recognize and “deprioritize” those of us who have multiple PO’s with them over years of history. I know that the semi recent website overhaul had backend changes that put these policies in effect.

One day I went from email to chat to phone talking to (and doing a full court press) 4 different people at SSC regarding how they choose. I didn’t get an exact answer but was assured that it is NOT random and when you place your order is NOT a factor either. The way it was explained to me was in a very obscure way so that the representative manager of the day couldn’t be totally specific and face repercussions.

It actually sounded like they have a system that will “sometimes” prioritize orders placed using their payment plans and furthermore will also push customers to the front of the line that are new or have not ordered in some unspecified amount of time. Yeah I know this all sounds counterintuitive from a collectors’ POV but after sitting on this information for a few days I realized that it incentivizes you to pay them monthly (which is dumb In my opinion because keeping the money invested even in just a regular savings account will accrue some interest) while also making new and/or infrequent customers feel like they are important and should order more from the site. And that’s the brilliant part, they reel you in, want to bleed you for multiple orders every month (I suspect as I only use full pay) until you get to a point that the system can recognize and “deprioritize” those of us who have multiple PO’s with them over years of history. I know that the semi recent website overhaul had backend changes that put these policies in effect.

Makes sense. I only did full pay for years. I tried flex pay a couple of times but it sort of felt like another car payment to me. I would rather just get it up front. So I'm doing full pay again. I know some love the flex pay option but I dont even like non refundable deposits, just charge me now for the whole thing but I dont think retailers like that option, ive only seen it offered thru paypal.

Back