Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased one on ebay two weeks ago for $1495.00 + $50 shipping. Seller had three sealed in brown shipper. They all sold within a few hrs. Still no delivery, shows as shipped but no tracking. i'm assuming he never had them to begin with. Contacted ebay to open a claim. There are a few others listed from other sellers with good feedback that ill jump on when this case gets resolved. Just don't want to pull the trigger and have the first one show up. If and when the jackhammer goes up, ill pre-order that one too. Just pre ordered mk7.

You have guts my friend. I would only buy something like that from a board member here, especially if your seller on eBay is overseas ( I'm in the us).

That is a good price. I didn't really get back into hot toys until like 3 months ago, and I wasn't prepared to drop near $2,000 to enjoy the figure in my collection. Now that it is getting below $1,400 on speculation that a re-release could happen....having it displayed next week in my home is became a reasonable cost. I will just have to sell off a few magic cards to write it off at this point.

I so hope they don't do this… just a stupid re-release with a part that should have come with him in the first place (and Veronica).
Hopefully this is just a "show and tell" piece for the conventions.

Wow, imagine if they re-released this with Veronica? How upset and angry would the 1.0 owners be? :lol

I would have never used them. Veronica was very undersized and the arm would just take up more space in a already tight space due to this things size. i would not have complained if they included them for the same price but it was not a dealbreaker at all.

Yeah, but board member here wants stupid money for it.

It's still a pretty new figure. It takes a while for people to decide they want to sell it to get something else. The board members here take better care of their toys than a scalper on ebay will, at least that's my experience. But I understand you want it now.

I had a similar problem with civil war captain america, people were asking $500 plus for that, then the concept version was announced and that same day a cw cap was on the sales thread for $350 If I remember correctly. We are always wanting the new stuff.

It's still a pretty new figure. It takes a while for people to decide they want to sell it to get something else. The board members here take better care of their toys than a scalper on ebay will, at least that's my experience. But I understand you want it now.

I had a similar problem with civil war captain america, people were asking $500 plus for that, then the concept version was announced and that same day a cw cap was on the sales thread for $350 If I remember correctly. We are always wanting the new stuff.

Absolutely.

This is all so retarded...I have been so busy last 9 months I still didn't get to open my shipper and enjoy my HB yet and I was one of the first to get it in the 1st wave since I was day one preorder. LOL
And now there might be a reissue?! WTF!!
Freakin hilarious.
But I was part of the very vocal minority who hated the modification to fit another entire figure inside...sacrificing articulation and jackhammer and veronica.
Who would have thought they actually listened...now, I don't know what to do.
Well, it's staying in the shipper until they confirm a rerelease for now.

This is all so retarded...I have been so busy last 9 months I still didn't get to open my shipper and enjoy my HB yet and I was one of the first to get it in the 1st wave since I was day one preorder. LOL
And now there might be a reissue?! WTF!!
Freakin hilarious.
But I was part of the very vocal minority who hated the modification to fit another entire figure inside...sacrificing articulation and jackhammer and veronica.
Who would have thought they actually listened...now, I don't know what to do.
Well, it's staying in the shipper until they confirm a rerelease for now.

you didnt open the shipper for 9 months??? what if you open it and something is broken???

I didn't realize this has been shown with the jackhammer arm since 2015. Given that, I'm not sure if there will be a reissue unless it's either a major upgrade (such as diecast) or a downgrade (such as removing the second figure and just having the bust or a power pose). Sure these are selling for a tidy premium in the secondary, but HT needs to feel there is a big enough market of buyers out there willing to pay $900-$1,000/per to justify another run of 2,500, 5,000 or whatever. That's why a think a reissue of the same figure with just the jackhammer arm might not be enough. I would definitely be in for a diecast, although realistically it would likely be in the $1,100 range. I'd probably just sell one of my regulars for whatever I could get for it while keeping the other to convert to Warbuster.

Another possibility is that HT will release an "upgrade kit" with Veronica and the Jackhammer Arm. As long as there is some way for the arm to be swapped out (even if it's complex) I think a lot of collectors would still buy just to have it. Personally I would probably just display it beside the figure rather than trying to have it attached.

It’s already over 20lbs and difficult to handle. You want it to be 40+ with joints that won’t hold up and will be near impossible to move? This isn’t about how strong you are, it’s about handleability/awkwardness (for lack of a better word righ.t now). And this has been discussed ad nauseam, but there is no different look to diecast and the feel is all about the weight

For those of us that can lift over 20 pounds without crying, the look and feel of the diecast would make for a great piece.

You do know that diecast figures are not really diecast right? They are at the most maybe 30% diecast , mostly in the legs and all it's there for is to add weight. So why add more weight to the heaviest figure they ever made?

There is no look or feel to diecast because most of it is plastic, it's just a good paint job.

The thing is already stupid heavy and has they highest % of metal in it than any "diecast" figure they have made.

For those of us that can lift over 20 pounds without crying, the look and feel of the diecast would make for a great piece.

Funny. But I can lift plenty. Unless the figures are dumb bells that logic is silly and no need to make it personal. Diecast takes less detail. It only adds weight and cost. Nothing else. For a figure as heavy as hulkbuster that makes no sense. The weight adds further stress to joints. It ups shipping costs. And unless your having everyone that comes over to your house pick it up and you walk around with it like a toddler it’s a waste.

You have a leg to stand on with the smaller human sized figures and use of DC so it “feels” more robust. Even though it’s not actually. But with this figure that is already there. Adding more is pointless.

Back