Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t think it’s the same arm as before

Top pic is from older display bottom is acghk last week

F0E146FD-9D48-4AFC-84EA-169819DBDE8F.jpeg
514D199B-BE57-4F4B-B20C-87D4C3116EAB.jpeg

As a concept, and in the film, the jackhammer arm was cool, but I wouldn't really have a need for it, or to change/trade/upgrade my Hulkbuster for a 2.0.
You could never get the figure into a pose that would suggest using the Jackhammer arm. Having it standing straight up there, static, legs shoulder with apart, and the arm stuck out like in that picture above, just doesn't look particularly good... from a display point of view. It would simply be a longer fist bump...

I hope eventually this gets made, and you can have regular arm and this swapped out jack hammer arm. I would honestly say this be the figure to end my collection. I don’t see how you can get much cooler then this..

I hope they re-release this with a swap-out peg arm. The 1.0 customers would all lose their minds! :lol

As a concept, and in the film, the jackhammer arm was cool, but I wouldn't really have a need for it, or to change/trade/upgrade my Hulkbuster for a 2.0.
You could never get the figure into a pose that would suggest using the Jackhammer arm. Having it standing straight up there, static, legs shoulder with apart, and the arm stuck out like in that picture above, just doesn't look particularly good... from a display point of view. It would simply be a longer fist bump...
I don't have the 1.0, but I feel the same way. If they removed that figure in a figure feature and it was actually poseable then this would be more desireable. The 1.0 was basically a statue from the chest down to accomodate that feature. I don't think hot toys will radically revamp the 1.0 though but I've been wrong before. Otherwise this will look funny with the jackhammer arm.

I don't have the 1.0, but I feel the same way. If they removed that figure in a figure feature and it was actually poseable then this would be more desireable. The 1.0 was basically a statue from the chest down to accomodate that feature. I don't think hot toys will radically revamp the 1.0 though but I've been wrong before. Otherwise this will look funny with the jackhammer arm.

I can’t really see why hot toys couldn’t fix the hip issues rather quickly. Basically making the crotch solid with the male sockets on both ends and done more articulation? I kno it would require some tooling but yeah it would deff sale if collectors knew the articulation was better.

I can’t really see why hot toys couldn’t fix the hip issues rather quickly. Basically making the crotch solid with the male sockets on both ends and done more articulation? I kno it would require some tooling but yeah it would deff sale if collectors knew the articulation was better.

Hmm, what if HT was doing these upgrades...? Would you 1.0 owners pony up for a 2.0 then?

Hmm, what if HT was doing these upgrades...? Would you 1.0 owners pony up for a 2.0 then?

No. For me it would have to be very different somehow, like IW Hulkbuster different. Better leg articulation would not matter to me just because i would not have the space to use it unless I left it out in the open on a big bench. Like Sardo said the jackhammer arm would just look odd and even if HT came out with it as just an add on kit with a out of scale veronica for $250 or something i would pass.

They should have just made the IW Hulkbuster a fully articulated MMS release and then they could have gotten sales from the people who have the 1st and newbies

Me personally i am happy with what i have, can't think of anything they could do to it that i would really care about and i only paid a little over $400 for it (points) so i'm good.

The figure in a figure doesn’t limit articulation. Only if you have the full 43 in it. Otherwise it’s just a big void.

No. For me it would have to be very different somehow, like IW Hulkbuster different. Better leg articulation would not matter to me just because i would not have the space to use it unless I left it out in the open on a big bench. Like Sardo said the jackhammer arm would just look odd and even if HT came out with it as just an add on kit with a out of scale veronica for $250 or something i would pass.

They should have just made the IW Hulkbuster a fully articulated MMS release and then they could have gotten sales from the people who have the 1st and newbies

Me personally i am happy with what i have, can't think of anything they could do to it that i would really care about and i only paid a little over $400 for it (points) so i'm good.

I agree with you. I'd totally be down for an IW HB that's fully articulated...but sadly HT doesn't wanna seem to bother which is why we're getting the lame PPS.

The figure in a figure doesn’t limit articulation. Only if you have the full 43 in it. Otherwise it’s just a big void.

I can't agree with that. By creating the void, and then having to reinforce in different areas to maintain stability with the void, as well as changing the hip/waist/thigh design to accommodate a figure absolutely limited the articulation. You can clearly see better articulation in all of the preview pics of the Hulkbuster 1.0, before the changes were made...

SS just notify me that my waitlist is being converted for the HB. Is this new one really coming out? Should I go for HB 1.0? Or wait for this 2.0 instead?

SS just notify me that my waitlist is being converted for the HB. Is this new one really coming out? Should I go for HB 1.0? Or wait for this 2.0 instead?

Interesting. I've never seen or heard of a waitlist conversion for a HT that's been sold out. Especially @ 10 months after it went to waitlist. Don't they usually send out waitlist cancellation emails?

Back