Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time i see that cheap clunky plastic droid stand i wanna throw up. I hate it. Just btw :D

Agreed. I did this:

Hot Toys Interrogator Droid 08.jpg

I have mine on the stormy stand...

That's a great idea! :clap

I read through most of the pages of this thread (I'm not kidding).
There's some mention of the water treatment for the Tarkin's uniform but no one seems to have posted results. Does it really work?
The wrinkles are sending me nuts.

There's some mention of the water treatment for the Tarkin's uniform but no one seems to have posted results. Does it really work?

I think a couple of people used steamers for the wrinkles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steam it...hold it over a pan of boiling water or kettle until the wrinkles disappear...

Quick question, did anyone else's Tarkin come with a crack around the base of the thumb on the right hand fist?

Never seen anything quite like it on a hand before, it doesn't look like any kind of mold line I've seen before, it almost looks like the thumb was attached separately, so don't know whether it's a common thing, or whether I should try and get a replacement part.

Cheers.

Quick question, did anyone else's Tarkin come with a crack around the base of the thumb on the right hand fist?

Never seen anything quite like it on a hand before, it doesn't look like any kind of mold line I've seen before, it almost looks like the thumb was attached separately, so don't know whether it's a common thing, or whether I should try and get a replacement part.

Cheers.

I've seen thumbs that are separate molds than the hand. I don't remember off hand what Tarkin had or how it looked, nothing that made me think it was weird.

Cheers.

Yeah mine is the same way, definitely not a crack but a mold line as though it was attached separately. It bothers me enough that I can't use that hand on him, I mean surely they could have made some effort to blend or conceal it?

Yeah mine is the same way, definitely not a crack but a mold line as though it was attached separately. It bothers me enough that I can't use that hand on him, I mean surely they could have made some effort to blend or conceal it?

Yes, I find it very odd. Especially for Hot Toys. But anyway, thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated.

TFA Luke has same "feature" in the lightsaber-holding hand.
This is weird and defies logic. Not very professional on HT's side.
m.

Cheers.

Interesting. I don't have TFA Luke, so despite owning more figures than I honestly want to count at this point, I've genuinely never come across this before. But you're right, I can't fathom any kind of logic to it from either a design or production standpoint.

Weirdness.

Back