Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I’ve never bothered to make a single pose. Kind of unfortunate. But it looks nice as you say. I’d probably buy a Krennic, and I know Veers is probably everybody’s #2 after Tarkin.

Krennic, Veers, and the Death Star Trooper up for sale at SDCC for the win! Dilly Dilly!

Yeah, I’ve never bothered to make a single pose. Kind of unfortunate. But it looks nice as you say. I’d probably buy a Krennic, and I know Veers is probably everybody’s #2 after Tarkin.

What an awesome fig Veers would be. Unfortunately the new Solo Han helmet isn't quite correct for Veers and the chest armor is a bit different too.

I've given up on Krennic.:(

The only problem with the figure in terms of reuse of the uniform for other Imperials is the weirdness of the fabric. It looks amazingly good but just seems like it holds creases in an odd way. It's almost like a chamois-type fabric that seems to "remember" creases fairly prominently.

Fortunately Imperials pretty much just stand at attention so I guess its okay, but even minor "Imperial" poses concerned me - I decided not to pose either of my Tarkins even just with elbows bent or sitting in the chair due to this issue; ie that otherwise you'd lose the crispness of the uniform and creases would be noticeable long term.

Same here. Had to find a suitable pose where the arms are basically straight as his sides. Don’t want to crease that nicely pressed uniform.

I've given up on Krennic.:(

Theres a saying in Germany that "hope dies last". So I guess I'm in that boat. But I'm slowly resigning to the fact that he probably won't see the light of day. On the up side if he did suddenly turn up at SDCC the cheer from us a would be all the bigger.

The only small candle of hope I still have is that Rogue One is still universally seen as one of the best of the Disney SW films. Plus with the cancellation / slow down on other new films like Boba Fett and Obi Wan there may be a little bit of a chance that they revisit Rogue One at some point.

main-qimg-23062f3c21692ba119761d6cf527cbb7.jpg

Theres a saying in Germany that "hope dies last". So I guess I'm in that boat. But I'm slowly resigning to the fact that he probably won't see the light of day. On the up side if he did suddenly turn up at SDCC the cheer from us a would be all the bigger.

The only small candle of hope I still have is that Rogue One is still universally seen as one of the best of the Disney SW films. Plus with the cancellation / slow down on other new films like Boba Fett and Obi Wan there may be a little bit of a chance that they revisit Rogue One at some point.

I’m personally not interested in any of these filler Star Wars films, except R1 because the plot for it was pretty much already written and it’s essentially a film within an Episode. I haven’t even seen Solo yet. I’ll probably see it at some point, but I was perfectly fine with Han being first introduced in ANH, and I’d have no interest in a solo Boba Fett film. I kind of like the mysteriousness of the character, with showing up first as a bounty hunter in ESB and not knowing much more about him other than he’s the son of Jango.

I think whether HT delves too deep into these new filler films will depend on the sales of the Solo figure. If they don’t sell well, they might realize there’s more money to be made with R1 figures and revisit those.

Rebuilt my JazzInc DeathStar display - and put this set in. Need more JazzInc setups for sure!

ab4b8a7e4714f59dfec8d8806affe74c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, that picture is brilliant. Like Tarkin and Vader taking an elevator together. I can hear the Empire's muzak.

It’s like Vader is taking him to meet the Emperor.

MiniatureWhiteAtlanticbluetang-size_restricted.gif

Welcome, Governor Tarkin. I could smell your foul stench gettin’ off the elevator.

Here is my Tarkin.

I love it, he has no weapons , but that is because his weapon is the Death Star !!!!!

totally perfect likeness and underrated figure. The hair appears to be grayer under lighting . In the film I did notice there are elements of brown in his hair.

36909841_1864025896952903_2361630850522546176_n.jpg

Every time i see that cheap clunky plastic droid stand i wanna throw up. I hate it. Just btw :D

I agree about the droid stand too but i have nothing else i can use and im not paying 50 bux for a stand off ebay

I have seen few pics of custom stand for that droid of Coco here..will try to get one for mine at some point to replace that cheap *ss plastic

Some closure to my case about jacket layer peeling off - my retailer offered me a nice discount, so i was able to buy new jacket from eBay. And what is interesting, the new jacket does have two magnets (sewed in the jacket) so you are able to open/close the jacket without any issue. My original jacket has some ugly piece of fabric glued on the jacket and magnet glued on it and that all glued to the top layer.

Old jacket:
IMG_7175.JPG

Here is my Tarkin.

I love it, he has no weapons , but that is because his weapon is the Death Star !!!!!

totally perfect likeness and underrated figure. The hair appears to be grayer under lighting . In the film I did notice there are elements of brown in his hair.

36909841_1864025896952903_2361630850522546176_n.jpg
I watched ANH on Saturday for the first time since getting my Tarkin, and I was surprised to see that his hair in the movie does (to my eye at least) look very close to the way HT produced it. Up til then I was quite convinced that it should have been completely grey...

Back