Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Compared to how this thread has been for the past few hours.

One can only babble so much about a figure when you only see the chin.

His uniform hangs well.

Yup. But I do accept the Holiday Special (live-action zaniness and awesome Fett cartoon) as canon so I'll let you ponder that one. :lol

I would love some hot toys holiday special figures besides fett. We could have short hair x wing luke, lumpy, mala, itchy, the Jefferson starship with little speakers that play light the sky on fire. Let's make it happen hot toys! :)

The one named Imperial that the Rebels never got the best of.

I wonder what happened with him post DS II explosion? Perhaps the events of TLJ will lead the heroes back to Hoth where they will find an elderly Veers living out his years in the old rebel base surviving on Wampa meat.

So happy for all those who wanted this so bad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since HT is going down the route of secondary characters...does anyone think they'll do the bounty hunters? I had initially planned on going for the sideshow ones, but don't want to toss all that $ in and HT make a superior one later

They will do Empire Fett for sure. Hope Holiday Special Fett is a summer exclusive. I guess Greedo is coming.

So now that we're getting this AWESOME Tarkin figure, what's the next big OT "get" that's not a core hero?

Veers, yeah, but he's not a grail like Tarkin. Maybe Wedge? Seems not even close.

The one named Imperial that the Rebels never got the best of.

Is The Empire Strikes Back novel cannon? Because in that book he dies from a speeder running into the cockpit area destroying it

I guess Admiral Piett would be a good one.

Remaining OT grails...? Hmmmmm....

ANH: (only 2nd tier left now)
Greedo?
Sandperson?

ESB:
Bespin Han with Carbonite Block
Lando

ROTJ:
Jabba the Hutt
anyone from his palace

They will do Empire Fett for sure. Hope Holiday Special Fett is a summer exclusive. I guess Greedo is coming.

So now that we're getting this AWESOME Tarkin figure, what's the next big OT "get" that's not a core hero?

Veers, yeah, but he's not a grail like Tarkin. Maybe Wedge? Seems not even close.

Tarkin was the biggest. There's such a large second tier of characters, but he was a first tier character. You'd really have to look closely at what Sideshow failed to do during its time alone with the license -- Hoth Leia (done now), Tarkin (done now). Still leaves ROTJ Leia (General/Endor and Slave) and then after that I'd say maybe Jabba's palace Lando. Would be a smart way to do something new and to signal that you've got the more important Lando, Bespin, in the works--sort of like what they did with Boba.

Wedge might sneak onto that high second-tier character list.

Last edited:
What I can't wait to see is all the cool displays that will surely be made with this figure, ANH Vader and ANH Leia.

Remaining OT grails...? Hmmmmm....

ANH: (only 2nd tier left now)
Greedo?
Sandperson?

ESB:
Bespin Han with Carbonite Block
Lando

ROTJ:
Jabba the Hutt
anyone from his palace

HT Ben and Han - at least the headsculpts - were not "grail achieved" to me. The HT Luke is nice in-hand, but not sure he's ticked off the list either in that helmet-hair/Cruise way.

I recently bought a custom-painted SSC Ben and was blown away by how much better than the HT Ben it is side-by-side (had never seen the SSC in-hand before.) It's my "hood down" Ben now and the HT is the "hood up/dueling" one to partly conceal the head.

The SSC Jabba - with custom Silentsurfer level apps - could be close to what HT could produce today just in terms of sculpt, even if the HT level of sculpt detail "wrinkles" would be superior.

HT Ben and Han - at least the headsculpts - were not "grail achieved" to me. The HT Luke is nice in-hand, but not sure he's ticked off the list either in that helmet-hair/Cruise way.

I recently bought a custom-painted SSC Ben and was blown away by how much better than the HT Ben it is side-by-side (had never seen the SSC in-hand before.) It's my "hood down" Ben now and the HT is the "hood up/dueling" one to partly conceal the head.

The SSC Jabba - with custom Silentsurfer level apps - could be close to what HT could produce today just in terms of sculpt, even if the HT level of sculpt detail "wrinkles" would be superior.

Well, yeah, I wasn't rating the current sculpts for upgrade potential -- just what HT has not yet done in the line-up.

I mean, honestly, I'm fine with ANH Luke, Han, Ben and Leia from HT. SS Ben has always been better, though verging on caricature, it still captures Ben way better than HT, which caught nearly nothing of Alec. But as a group on the shelf its wonderful to see all the heroes at last lined up and all made within the same period (instead of years and years apart).

I still hope to replace my SS droids with superior HT additions (and not TFA I hope).

SS Jabba has a terrible paintjob. Looks like dead Jabba. I think HT would make it accurate out of the box and even give us some poseable tail action and maybe a nasty poseable tongue as well -- plus great eyes. He'll be $300 but... he'll look great. And smell great. :lol

Is The Empire Strikes Back novel cannon? Because in that book he dies from a speeder running into the cockpit area destroying it.

Well I'm not going to tell anyone what their own personal canon needs to be but if you're asking in terms of official Disney canon, the ESB novel is...um, I guess I have no idea. :lol But I am familiar with Veers' unfilmed "death." And the snowspeeder pilot you speak of was Hobbie, the 2011 ESB blu-ray even shows animated storyboards depicting the crash.

Personally I'd say that Piett's death in ROTJ erases the unused Veers death because I think it just gets a little too silly to have two battlefield commanders in separate battles killed by crashing Rebel fighters.

Back