Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you contacted the seller about them? It?s interesting to not see any parts for him though! You might have better luck in asian auction sites though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked Monkey Depot and Ebay. Nothing there either.

Thanks man, I?ll just keep on the look out. I picked it up as ex-display in a local store and was more concerned with checking for anything missing then with the actual figure. Looks like someone tried to re-glue the magnet but it?s seeped through the material. I?m still happy, it?s a great double pack.
d664305ebdb5fe772be876e0a076840e.jpg

Have you contacted the seller about them? It?s interesting to not see any parts for him though! You might have better luck in asian auction sites though

Yes. He doesn't have them. He didn't advertise them and that's my bad for not noticing. But once I got him I noticed right away.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Has anyone successfully removed Tarkins blouse without damaging it?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I finally got my Tarkin and I?m blown away by the greatness of his headsculpt, too. The only thing that detracts from certain angles is the seam line where the two parts of the head are glued together. It?s evident when artificial light hits hard, not so much in daylight. Is this a common issue with this figure?

ors6upoi.jpg

Unfortunately, it's one of the only issue that mars this amazing figure. (Aside from giant hands and slightly short sleeves.)

Many, if not most of HT's figures have this issue as well. It's just the mold seam that is more visible with non-helmeted figures.

Unfortunately, it's one of the only issue that mars this amazing figure. (Aside from giant hands and slightly short sleeves.)

Many, if not most of HT's figures have this issue as well. It's just the mold seam that is more visible with non-helmeted figures.

Small addition, but I think a bunch, including myself, have had the flap issue too where the magnet glue comes undone on his outfit near his shoulder.

I finally got my Tarkin and I?m blown away by the greatness of his headsculpt, too. The only thing that detracts from certain angles is the seam line where the two parts of the head are glued together.

These things are injection moulded in one piece from vinyl in a copper mould. What you are seeing is where the mould halves meet. Sometimes there's a slight variance when the moulds are pushed together(Or after a lot of pulls from the mould, as it expands with heat).
Only certain heads are two piece(If the hair requires it to be separate, like the ROTJ Luke, TFA Rey, or the ROTS Anakin).

Back