Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys- sold my ANH Vader because I couldn't deal with the gloves, fat suit, crap sound effects...
Should I reorder him with the Tarkin 2 pack or wait for another Vader?

Im already in for Tarkin for sure but he's a long way from here.

I also considered the two-pack, but I'm waiting for ROTJ Vader with an Anakin sculpt. Every Vader they've put out has gotten better, so there's no harm in waiting.

Guys- sold my ANH Vader because I couldn't deal with the gloves, fat suit, crap sound effects...
Should I reorder him with the Tarkin 2 pack or wait for another Vader?

Im already in for Tarkin for sure but he's a long way from here.

I sold him too and immediately ordered two pack. For that price it's a good deal. Also i do not prefer any version of Vader over the rest so i'm 100% ok with ANH even if they announce ESB/ROTJ Vader in the couple of years.

I really hope we see him in future movies.

He seems very much joined-at-the-hip to the Death Star, so he was needed for RO. He's a somewhat one-note character but in a banality of evil way, so would be interesting to see him pop up in something else.

It was so cool to see a human (ie not Chewy, 3PO, R2, Vader etc) part of ANH spring to life in a new story, and in a fairly significant way. Hopefully Peter Cushing has a new agent.

Cancelled the 2-pack order yesterday and just ordered Tarkin. Wanted access to Vader for parts to make the ultimate ANH version but I already have the Rogue One gloves so hopefully there's not too much more to this Vader than that. Can't wait for Tarkin.

Cancelled the 2-pack order yesterday and just ordered Tarkin. Wanted access to Vader for parts to make the ultimate ANH version but I already have the Rogue One gloves so hopefully there's not too much more to this Vader than that. Can't wait for Tarkin.

Im nearly in the same boat- sold my ANH Vader to get the Tarkin 2 pack- now Im just getting Tarkin and ordering that bad boy ESB Vader!
Who doesn't love the shiny dome and gantry base?

Yeah, despite some issues that Vader is looking tempting as well. I'm currently displaying my ANH Vader in ESB style (Rogue One helmet), SS chestbox.

vader-detolf.jpg

That's an awesome looking Vader. Perfect lighting also. The pose and lighting reminds me of this scene in RotJ, just the other direction:

FatherAndSon.jpg

Weird. This isnt look like Cushing. I suppose it’s because of that light and close up photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still Cushing. The harsh lighting just washes out his eyebrows and makes it look really weird. Zoom in and you can see them.

He's fine. Guaranteed it's just lighting. We already know the proto is pretty much spot on, the bigger question is will it still carry over to the production sculpt?

The detail in the face is amazing. The lighting is bad, but I think he looks great. Could be HT's best Star Wars sculpt yet.

Yes! The figures always look good, but the sculpts aren't always perfect. This and their Anakin sculpt are two of the best I've seen from HT.

Back