Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It feels like Christmas Eve, the displays can't get here fast enough haha.

I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty freaking fun to be a grown man who can't wait to see all the new toys that will be on display tomorrow. :lol

I agree! I'm coming up to 44 years old and these figures are far beyond what I dreamt of as a kid. I still love the old Palitoy and Kenner stuff but these things are just getting better and better. Cannot wait for the Tarkin reveal! :yess:

When it got to that scene with Leia at the end of RO I was actually hoping we'd just hear her voice and keep with the view of her from the back with the hood up. It didn't ruin anything for me that she turned but it wasn't perfect and I agree that I don't think it was needed.

Think of the millions of dollars and the "wha..?" they could have avoided by keeping it simply a voice behind the hood. Not a deal breaker for me, just a distraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What'd you think of how Red and Gold Leader were utilized?

Im pretty sure I read that Gareth Edwards was at the back of the cinema when those original Red/Gold Leader actors watched the film. When the cheer went up he thought it was one of the best moments of the film.

Which it was, which it was !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty freaking fun to be a grown man who can't wait to see all the new toys that will be on display tomorrow. :lol

I went to bed last night with one thought in my head. Tomorrow's the day !!

Nothing wrong with looking forward to something. Even as a grown man !!!

Same here.

Everton play a friendly match tonight, and as soon as that finishes it will be roughly time for the preview images to start to surface.

What an evening :)

Same here.

Everton play a friendly match tonight, and as soon as that finishes it will be roughly time for the preview images to start to surface.

What an evening :)

Hopefully even at this early stage we'll see the team starting to gel a bit against Twente. Not long until we've got the Europa qualifying games.

Hopefully even at this early stage we'll see the team starting to gel a bit against Twente. Not long until we've got the Europa qualifying games.

True. We could start the season with an entirely new starting 11 to this time 12 months ago (Gana the only one who might sneak over 12 months service).

Hopefully it all comes together. The Europa would give the youth players a chance to shine so hope we qualify.

True. We could start the season with an entirely new starting 11 to this time 12 months ago (Gana the only one who might sneak over 12 months service).

Hopefully it all comes together. The Europa would give the youth players a chance to shine so hope we qualify.

Assume these guys play for the Empire right ?

Tonight......dreams come true and wallets are emptied...

When they were showing Leia from the back, I couldn't stop thinking, "Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it." :lol

Like you said, far from ruining the film or tarnishing the character, but definitely felt a little forced to me just to try and further tie the film in to ANH.

I'm glad she was there... It would have felt more of a cheat to just say 'give these to the Princess' considering the importance of what had just gone on to steal the plans and arguably the greatest 60 seconds of Vader footage committed to film but I completely agree with the 'Don't do it!' sentiment. I was perfectly prepared for her to say 'Hope'... and just have me thinking... 'THAT'S HER!'... 'THAT'S HER UNDER THAT HOOD!' like a sugar-rushed child, mentally picturing a young Carrie Fisher speaking to Captain Antilles. Especially as we had Bail Organa reference the person 'he'd trust with his life' to deliver the plans earlier.
I think it would have been far better to have these folks off-camera to the extent possible. To me, it's cheesy and weird to bring old or dead people back as CG characters. I felt this way about Brando in Superman Returns, and feel this way about Leia and Tarkin. BUT, I also recognize that this really resonated with a lot of Star Wars fans for the reason that Robianco and Khev at times lay it out. And at the end of the day, I think those are the kinds of fans that Kennedy et al. are really interested in appeasing. So, good move. If I were a producer, I might do the same thing. But if I were a filmmaker, with an interest in putting together something that was classy and well executed, without overt concern for the appeal to nostalgia and fan-boyism, I would not have wanted to do this, or a number of other things that happened in this film.

Having said all that, it's possible HT wouldn't have considered Tarkin if not for his video game incarnation showing up in Rogue One. So, some good can come from this even for fans of only the original films.

I think it would have been far better to have these folks off-camera to the extent possible. To me, it's cheesy and weird to bring old or dead people back as CG characters. I felt this way about Brando in Superman Returns, and feel this way about Leia and Tarkin. BUT, I also recognize that this really resonated with a lot of Star Wars fans for the reason that Robianco and Khev at times lay it out. And at the end of the day, I think those are the kinds of fans that Kennedy et al. are really interested in appeasing. So, good move. If I were a producer, I might do the same thing. But if I were a filmmaker, with an interest in putting together something that was classy and well executed, without overt concern for the appeal to nostalgia and fan-boyism, I would not have wanted to do this, or a number of other things that happened in this film.

Having said all that, it's possible HT wouldn't have considered Tarkin if not for his video game incarnation showing up in Rogue One. So, some good can come from this even for fans of only the original films.

I actually agree to some extent on someone wanting to just do something of their own making, not relying on nostalgia or images of the past to try and curry favour with some viewers instead of just putting something out there as it's own thing. I suppose I felt that having Leia and Tarkin make an appearance worked due to the proximity of RO to ANH. We'd already had Tarkin appear at the end of ROTS overseeing the Death Star's construction so not having him anywhere near RO to then be in charge of the DS just an hour or so later would have felt like they were making too much of a conscious effort to NOT have him there. In that sense it worked for me although CG people still don't fit seamlessly (he still worked better than weird prosthetic Tarkin with sunken cheeks from ROTS though).

Just my twopenneth

Back