Hot Toys Giger Alien... at last????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not holding my breath on this one. I'll be very surprised if HT come out with a movie accurate Alien.

True. But since I don't remember many people complaining about the 1/4 bust (as opposed to the 1/4 bust of P1 :lol) maybe HT figured the design was good to go and they just replicated it in 1/6 scale!? That would account for the similarities. :dunno

That is a definate possibility.

I'm really hoping that they've gone the way of their latest Predator and realize that we want as accurate a sculpt as possible.
But...you never know.

I'd buy it anyway. :cool:

We'll also prob see a rush of ppl trying to complete their line by hunting down Kane and Dallas if the Big Guy lives up to expectation. ;)

That is a definate possibility.

I'm really hoping that they've gone the way of their latest Predator and realize that we want as accurate a sculpt as possible.
But...you never know.

I'd buy it anyway. :cool:

I agree Sabres21768. Honestly I wasn't too fond of the mouth part of the bust. So I also hope HT will go out of the way w/HR Giger's masterpiece. Movie accurate would be a treat for us all...:D:naughty

Hopefully we wont just get the Alien itself but also a Ripley.

I just seen the new HT website and noticed they're "teaser". So thought i'd see if there was anything on here about it and already there's 3 pages in this thread alone. Thats why i love this site. Anywho, like a few people i hesitated buying the medicom alien (although i was tempted a few times) and am hoping it was the right choice. I've been put off all the other HT aliens from all the stories i've heard about them. And the fact that they're sometimes blue or brown when they should be black. Except the dog alien i think they should always be black.

Yeah, it's the bust as Sabres pointed out. You can see the wing design thing by the shoulder.
Product_categories_ALIEN12474802684.png

I'm really hoping for an accurate sculpt too, but I have a feeling it might be close to the bust, stylized all the way. Reminds me of the Takeya sculpts.

I did buy the Medicom and love it, but come on HT, give us another accurate big chap to go with it, we're begging you!

I'm not holding my breath on this one. I'll be very surprised if HT come out with a movie accurate Alien.

Hopefully their fine job on the Predator 1, and the long time it took for an official teaser on this is evidence that they knew we weren't going to take an Aliens-esque approach to the Big Chap. I'm betting it'll set a new bar for Alien figures. I just hope it's tall enough.

I also hope this isn't the big Alien news Sideshow has for Comic Con. I'll be disappointed as all hell if Sideshow offers us nothing of their own and were hinting at this the whole time in their 'Ask Sideshow' replies.

We'll also prob see a rush of ppl trying to complete their line by hunting down Kane and Dallas if the Big Guy lives up to expectation. ;)

Those will surely go through the roof, no doubt. If only the Kane likeness had been the actaul actor though. I'm still not interested in a space suited character other than him, and he didn't live up to my personal expectations.

I've enjoyed my Dallas & Kane since the day they arrived. However, they are still available on the SS website, gift card eligible too, as well as multiple other retail outlets for much less than original retail. Cannot wait for the Big Chap, but I do at least want Ripley in Lucky Star and of course a slightly shorter Lambert in spacesuit to go with the boys! Doubt that will happen though. :(

:rock:rock Awesome. Glad to finally see something again from hot toys with ALIEN.
I'm hoping for Riley more regardless of how unlikely it is... mainly because I know the alien is going to happen in the end anyway.

Do you have any issues with material deterioration on those? I always imagined that the suit would rot eventually.

No noticeable deterioration on mine at the moment, but I do keep meaning to set the time aside to remove the batteries from these figures, as the lights never fully worked on either of my figures, I don't ever use the lights, and I don't want any corrosion going on inside the spacesuits. If they don't last forever, then it was not meant to be, but I will enjoy them everyday until they fall apart. Living in the Las Vegas 115 degree weather does give me cause for concern about the longevity of these two figures. But I have them enclosed in a protective display to avoid too much dust getting on them, and I don't play with them very often. Just have them in the pose I like with a facehugger jumping up to land on Kane's helmet. Love it! :lol

*pets pet facehugger*
Muahahahahaha!

At last! More alien news from Hot Toys.
Now all they need is a BAF Queen.

If they take the same approach as they took with the Aliens warrior and the dog Alien I think I'll be passing on this. There are certain things about the Alien that just have to be done right or else its just not the Alien as far as I'm concerned - especially the mouth area and the overall head shape. The dog alien looked nothing like (any version of) the film creature because of its wierd trout mouth.

Also if theres to be assembly involved it better be a heck of a lot easier to put together than the dog alien. I don't care to repeat that nightmare.

So looking forward to this. Surely it will be unveiled at SDCC...

I know Weaver has a problem with Toys with weapons, I don't need her to have a weapon, just an accurate outfit and Jones in a Cat carrier, that'd make me happy! But I guess the white EVA suit is more likely.

I wish she'd at least grant her likeness for Alien 3 - keywords being ''no weapons of any kind"! Then we could all just give her a hair transplant and stick the head on the existing Aliens figure!

But I'm sure she simply has a blanket ban on any representation of her likeness to avoid things like that.

So looking forward to this. Surely it will be unveiled at SDCC...

I know Weaver has a problem with Toys with weapons, I don't need her to have a weapon, just an accurate outfit and Jones in a Cat carrier, that'd make me happy! But I guess the white EVA suit is more likely.

They need to go ahead and reveal it at the Japan show this week!

Back