Hot Toys gets POTA!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. As Angel said...I'm a tough one. (from years of torture at the slave mines, you know!!)

I think you'll be pretty wowed, from what I've heard they're pretty cool :banana

Let me assure you (in case you didn't see it in our newsletter) that Sideshow WILL be distributing these figures - full preview should be coming early in 2009. And Hot Toys is able to do this license partly on account of their relationship with Sideshow, so, even though we aren't continuing the Apes line ourselves, be assured that the powers that be heard the Apes fans' cries and helped sway Hot Toys to produce them - see what writing letters and petitions can get you... sometimes ;) Now, POTA Fans unite and prove there's still tons of collector love for these classic films!! :duff

I think you'll be pretty wowed, from what I've heard they're pretty cool :banana

Let me assure you (in case you didn't see it in our newsletter) that Sideshow WILL be distributing these figures - full preview should be coming early in 2009. And Hot Toys is able to do this license partly on account of their relationship with Sideshow, so, even though we aren't continuing the Apes line ourselves, be assured that the powers that be heard the Apes fans' cries and helped sway Hot Toys to produce them - see what writing letters and petitions can get you... sometimes ;) Now, POTA Fans unite and prove there's still tons of collector love for these classic films!! :duff

Dusty, now THAT is exciting to know!! I've got butterflies and palpitations now, where before I was flatlining...

see what writing letters and petitions can get you... sometimes ;) Now, POTA Fans unite and prove there's still tons of collector love for these classic films!! :duff

Hmmm... wonder if there have been any other Kauses, or Krusades out there? Maybe HT could hear their cries of outrage as well?!?

It is truly a glorious time. The Ape line has returned. We have heard from the first representitive from Sideshow in a millenium, AND it was DUSTY!!! Hi Dusty!! How have you been?
Now, just looking at the teaser:
- properly colored unis (although I did kind of like SS's version)
- better detailed bandoliers
- lifelike hair
- different accessories (unless the flag is just for the photo)
- better scaled General's helmet
How can an ape fan NOT be excited. Now, let's hope the pricetag won't be too prohibitive.

I think that launching the new line with Ursus is a masterstroke on Hot Toys part. If there is ANY figure that would get people interested in the line would be if they knocked General Ursus out of the park.

And it "Ape"ears they did just that. I can't wait for the full preview!!! But I can't wait until January!!! :banghead:banghead:banghead

It's sure been a long time since Dusty has posted on a POTA thread... good to hear from you and thanks for the good news...

SIDESHOW WILL BE STOCKING APE FIGURES AGAIN!!!! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

PZ, that's exactly what I was thinking! A yummilicious General Ursus would ignite ape fanaticism and lead Hot Toys to victory with their apes line!!!

There is even a gorilla from the TV series!!

I still think that General Ursus should have been THE first premium format figure for Sideshow, even though Dr. Zaius was still a good choice.

This General Ursus has brought me to my knees. I kowtow to Hot Toys!!

Well depending on pictures, Im in. I never got SS's figures because, well I am not a HUGE Ape fan but the merchandise always seemed to be lacking so this will be interesting to see. Without a doubt Im in for Zira, Cornelius, Taylor, Nova and Dr. Zaius. The others will depend on how I feel at the moment :lol

Ursusside.jpg

:banana:banana:banana

Back