1/6 Hot Toys Endgame Ronin (Hawkeye) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TW only cheaper because of them dropping the price, and even as the guy said, it's pretty even at that part. Don't forget he also had to use a code for more discount to get to the final price. So I don't know about you, but SSC is pretty fast for me. Less than 24 hours and it's on my doorstep and I live on the East coast. So I'm not sure where all this TW is faster in shipping is coming in. If he is living in North America, he should be getting his figure pretty quick, if not faster when SSC releases/ships it.

I meant TW faster in shipping because Sideshow hasn't touched Black Widow, Ronin, or the Mark 6 yet. I'm sure you aren't getting Ronin in less than 24 hours anytime soon[emoji6]. I'm not saying that it's usually cheaper, or arguing about why it's cheaper, whether he used coupons or not, I literally just said that it ended up being cheaper. I don't see what you're even saying here, obviously I meant Sideshow is slower in that it takes a month or two after it releases in HK, whereas TW gets it immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TW only cheaper because of them dropping the price, and even as the guy said, it's pretty even at that part. Don't forget he also had to use a code for more discount to get to the final price. So I don't know about you, but SSC is pretty fast for me. Less than 24 hours and it's on my doorstep and I live on the East coast. So I'm not sure where all this TW is faster in shipping is coming in. If he is living in North America, he should be getting his figure pretty quick, if not faster when SSC releases/ships it.

Well to be fair, if I went for the later batch (which I?m assuming will ship around the same time as Sideshow) I would have saved $30-$40 but I decided to go for the in-stock batch. As for the shipping, Sideshow might have changed in the last few months but I live in New York and I don?t think I?ve ever gotten a figure from them in less than 5 days (it?s normally around a full week) but from Toys Wonderland I ordered a figure on Wednesday and got it on Friday. I also like DHL a hell of a lot more than UPS, so at the end of the day this all comes down to preference.

I was debating just getting the normal version since I didn?t think I?d ever display him as Ronin, but I?m glad I went with the deluxe since I think this might be how I end up displaying him:
134bdedacaed4e1b299caa9a1b646ed6.jpg

d168bef90ebc20492172b1009cbd867d.jpg

bf8d790ac92e61d89c051a01db136345.jpg

I was debating just getting the normal version since I didn?t think I?d ever display him as Ronin, but I?m glad I went with the deluxe since I think this might be how I end up displaying him:
134bdedacaed4e1b299caa9a1b646ed6.jpg

d168bef90ebc20492172b1009cbd867d.jpg

bf8d790ac92e61d89c051a01db136345.jpg

Super badass. Damn I need mine. Really feeling the Ronin look with the quiver on his back and sword in hand

The fact that this sculpt is as divisive as it is just proves it's not really a good sculpt.

But hey, what do I know? I'm only the most critical headsculpt accuracy guy on this board! :lol

The fact that this sculpt is as divisive as it is just proves it's not really a good sculpt.

But hey, what do I know? I'm only the most critical headsculpt accuracy guy on this board! :lol

No.
The fact this sculpt is divisive means that some people see the likeness and some don’t. That’s where the divisiveness comes in.
If it were merely “not a good sculpt”, everyone would think so.
The “fact” here is that(Mohawk aside) this is the best Clint Barton/Hawkeye facial sculpt they have yet produced. I always thought the AOU/CW sculpt was best(Not perfect, but close), but this *IS* Renner.
I think the primary problem here is that from chin to hair, it’s an inch high. But these pics show it much larger on your computer screen, so it seems less like him.
I also think you give yourself a bit too much credit for being the most critical headsculpt accuracy guy on the board. We are all very critical. It’s all down to facial schema and pareidolia. The human mind has the ability to see a face anywhere but the make up of our brains is different. This isn’t a bad thing, but you will know all too well, my friend, that there will always be people on here who don’t like a sculpt you love. In this instance, that person is you(And others, but it seems like you are being the most vocal about it for some reason). It happens all the time. They always struggle with Mark Hamill but there are still people(Me included), who love the Hamill sculpts. There are a multitude of sculpts that cause some divisiveness here. But it’s only a difference of a opinion based on patterns stored in our brains to recognise faces. Some recognise the pattern and some don’t.
The real beauty in not liking a figure is that you get to spend your cash on something else!

No.
The fact this sculpt is divisive means that some people see the likeness and some don’t. That’s where the divisiveness comes in.
The “fact” here is that(Mohawk aside) this is the best Clint Barton/Hawkeye facial sculpt they have yet produced. I always thought the AOU/CW sculpt was best(Not perfect, but close), but this *IS* Renner.
I think the primary problem here is that from chin to hair, it’s an inch high. But these pics show it much larger on your computer screen, so it seems less like him.
I also think you give yourself a bit too much credit for being the most critical headsculpt accuracy guy on the board. We are all very critical. It’s all down to facial schema and pareidolia. The human mind has the ability to see a face anywhere but the make up of our brains is different. This isn’t a bad thing, but you will know all too well, my friend, that there will always be people on here who don’t like a sculpt you love. In this instance, that person is you(And others, but it seems like you are being the most vocal about it for some reason). It happens all the time. They always struggle with Mark Hamill but there are still people(Me included), who love the Hamill sculpts. There are a multitude of sculpts that cause some divisiveness here. But it’s only a difference of a opinion based on patterns stored in our brains to recognise faces. Some recognise the pattern and some don’t.
The real beauty in not liking a figure is that you get to spend your cash on something else!

That is your opinion and you do bring up a lot of valid points...but look at it this way. When HT knocks a headsculpt out of the park the praise is typically unanimous (Ex: Yondu, Hela, Shuri, etc). You're always going to have a small minority that dislikes it or bickers about something, however I've noticed for this particular Hawkeye figure it has more than the minor amount of critics. If you browse through the FB and Insta comments it has a decent amount of complaints regarding the likeness. And to me, if there's a decent group of dissenters then that probably means the headsculpt isn't that great. When was the last time you heard people (or heck, a SINGLE person) grumble about the Yondu likeness? Never...because it is universally accepted as AWESOME!

This is by no means the worst final-to-proto headsculpt HT has released...that honor goes to Chadwick...but this Renner sculpt is no home-run either. Sure it's probably the "best" of the ones released thus far, but in my humble opinion something was lost along the way from the initial prototype photos, which I thought were stunning. So to me, the "best" one still remains the Civil War version, which I do own.

Also for the record, I was clearly joking about me being "the most critical headsculpt accuracy guy." I'm sure there's someone even worse than I am, but I do feel like I am the most vocal one about it when it comes to this particular forum (much to some people's dismay I'm sure). :lol

Anyways you're right, the silver lining of passing on a figure due to "subpar" likeness is that I get to spend that money elsewhere...but it does kinda suck cause I really did want Ronin...and also IW Cap...and also Black Panther 2.0...and so on and so forth where HT dropped the ball with meh/downgraded likeness.

Now that Paul Rudd smiling headsculpt...WOW! That is a work of sheer artistry and beauty! :clap :rotfl

That is your opinion and you do bring up a lot of valid points...but look at it this way. When HT knocks a headsculpt out of the park the praise is typically unanimous (Ex: Yondu, Hela, Shuri, etc). You're always going to have a small minority that dislikes it or bickers about something, however I've noticed for this particular Hawkeye figure it has more than the minor amount of critics. If you browse through the FB and Insta comments it has a decent amount of complaints regarding the likeness.

This is by no means the worst final-to-proto headsculpt HT has released...that honor goes to Chadwick...but this is Renner sculpt is no home-run either. Sure it's probably the "best" of the ones released thus far, but in my humble opinion something was lost along the way from the initial prototype photos, which I thought were stunning.

Also for the record, I was clearly joking about me being "the most critical headsculpt accuracy guy." I'm sure there's someone even worse than I am, but I do feel like I am the most vocal one about it when it comes to this particular forum (much to some people's dismay I'm sure). :lol

Anyways you're right, the silver lining of passing on a figure due to "subpar" likeness is that I get to spend that money elsewhere...but it does kinda suck cause I really did want Ronin...and also IW Cap...and also Black Panther 2.0...and so on and so forth where HT dropped the ball with meh/downgraded likeness.

Now that Paul Rudd smiling headsculpt...WOW! That is a work of sheer artistry and beauty! :clap :rotfl
Yeah. That was awful. I know they add teeth to make it harder to bootleg, but dayum! That was the worst yet.

Yeah. That was awful. I know they add teeth to make it harder to bootleg, but dayum! That was the worst yet.

Ironically enough I do plan on picking up Ant-man 3.0 at some point...yes, the headsculpt is laughably bad, BUT I wasn't planning on buying it for Rudd sculpt. The helmeted sculpt is the way to go!

In the end love it or hate it's just opinion. I think part of it is people look at these things two feet from their face blown up on a computer screen. Put them in a dsiplay cabinet under good normal lighting and looking at them from a normal distance and they look much different.

I have figures i was not 100% sure about because of photos but things i liked outweighed the dislikes. Then i get them out of the box and displayed it's like a completely different figure. I think this looks good so i'm sure in hand it will be look really good.

That is your opinion and you do bring up a lot of valid points...but look at it this way. When HT knocks a headsculpt out of the park the praise is typically unanimous (Ex: Yondu, Hela, Shuri, etc). You're always going to have a small minority that dislikes it or bickers about something, however I've noticed for this particular Hawkeye figure it has more than the minor amount of critics. If you browse through the FB and Insta comments it has a decent amount of complaints regarding the likeness. And to me, if there's a decent group of dissenters then that probably means the headsculpt isn't that great. When was the last time you heard people (or heck, a SINGLE person) grumble about the Yondu likeness? Never...because it is universally accepted as AWESOME!

This is by no means the worst final-to-proto headsculpt HT has released...that honor goes to Chadwick...but this Renner sculpt is no home-run either. Sure it's probably the "best" of the ones released thus far, but in my humble opinion something was lost along the way from the initial prototype photos, which I thought were stunning. So to me, the "best" one still remains the Civil War version, which I do own.

If you really wanted Ronin specifically as you claim, you'd simply get him and display him as Ronin. Especially as the mask, hood-vest, and arm guards make it a distinct look compared to his regular and it came out looking really good. :dunno Even more so from someone who is still picking up antman after the sculpt debacle. Suddenly you draw the line at this sculpt you wouldnt use? Seems like an excuse for the sake of it, almost comes off a tad hypocritical. Hmmm

Wow. I just got a couple of headsculpts in the mail from EBay for this character.
It has blown me away. I know I am a huge Hawkeye fan anyway, but this one blows them all out of the water. I always find that with any headsculpt that divides opinion, put on a pair of shades and see if you can see the character wearing shades, so you will know if it?s the eyes that are hindering it, so I tried that too.
I don?t have the figure itself in hand just yet, but putting the head on a couple of figures I had to hand made me even more excited about getting Ronin in hand. Messing with different shadows on the sculpt really allows the Renner likeness to pop. I reckon it?s a bit softer than Renner looks in the movies, but as a scale representation of Hawkeye/Ronin I doubt they will ever beat this one.
Here are some pics just of the head on random bodies.

f9f21de041622228884cedb5ee168e87.jpg

80166bebfa13f3d490c4c6f069205254.jpg

506586d3fd1fc42663833280b8345699.jpg

248280e8290bbd011c3aea52c30c50d9.jpg

1fb00e63600ad241468ff2870a55597d.jpg

2be514ec9a8257182319213bf89af010.jpg

4577d4a3b294a39d98585989e85bcb32.jpg

740ef64eaeac8a9ad35deae5aa57d745.jpg

f1e3fc563a5c1f92f4325a3a94df89e8.jpg

And side by side with the AOU sculpt.

b9a1ec077b15ddd825e8f67566fcadad.jpg

No.

That is the point I always think about and why in-hand I'm almost always blown away by the sculpts.

Back