Hot Toys Elite Praetorian Guards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5791.jpg i may have to get some custom bases for these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to see the imperial guards headsculpts on these ,bet they be bad a$$ mashup.

As with everything else, it seems since these sold out at Sideshow the price is starting to rise so now is the time to grab one if you still want. Would be great if we got a Snoke figure to go with them to complete the setup, but it seems HT has no interest in TLJ past what’s out, not that I blame them.

As with everything else, it seems since these sold out at Sideshow the price is starting to rise so now is the time to grab one if you still want. Would be great if we got a Snoke figure to go with them to complete the setup, but it seems HT has no interest in TLJ past what’s out, not that I blame them.

In my opinion, it’s a crappy move on HotToys part to have released the guards without Snoke. Had they released Snoke first, they would have no doubt sold a ton more guards as people would have wanted them to compliment him. But as things are, they released the guards with no sign of Snoke in the future. I didn’t grab guards for this very reason. Im sure their method of releasing the guards first also put less of them out there because less people ordered them for that reason as well.

In my opinion, it’s a crappy move on HotToys part to have released the guards without Snoke. Had they released Snoke first, they would have no doubt sold a ton more guards as people would have wanted them to compliment him. But as things are, they released the guards with no sign of Snoke in the future. I didn’t grab guards for this very reason. Im sure their method of releasing the guards first also put less of them out there because less people ordered them for that reason as well.

Yep. Totally agree. I think peoples disdain for the movie aside(and I’m in the group that didn’t care for TLJ), a lot of us would’ve bought Snoke, and having him with Guards and Kylo (either version really) by his side would’ve been a great setup. It’s a shame we most likely won’t see it. Either way, these guys definitely look great and I think a lot of folk are going to regret passing on them down the road.

Yep. Totally agree. I think peoples disdain for the movie aside(and I’m in the group that didn’t care for TLJ), a lot of us would’ve bought Snoke, and having him with Guards and Kylo (either version really) by his side would’ve been a great setup. It’s a shame we most likely won’t see it. Either way, these guys definitely look great and I think a lot of folk are going to regret passing on them down the road.

I mean I love The Last Jedi, as we know most audiences do from Cinemascore. However I don’t really see much of a need for Snoke even if they made him. Perhaps they will in the future. But from the promo shots they really seemed to be paired with Rey and Kylo for the throne room fight. I just have these on a separate shelf from those.

I think the shots show them with those two because they had no intentions of giving us Snoke, which I think is a shame. Not getting into the character or anything lke that, these guys with Snokes flashy golden robes on a shelf together would’ve popped tremendously. My love of Star Wars outweighs my dislike of TLJ, and the throne room scene was great, so I’m glad I have the Guards, eventually hoping to have all four of them put together, even without TLJ Rey and Kylo(and I’m not discounting picking them up eventually).

I think the shots show them with those two because they had no intentions of giving us Snoke, which I think is a shame. Not getting into the character or anything lke that, these guys with Snokes flashy golden robes on a shelf together would’ve popped tremendously. My love of Star Wars outweighs my dislike of TLJ, and the throne room scene was great, so I’m glad I have the Guards, eventually hoping to have all four of them put together, even without TLJ Rey and Kylo(and I’m not discounting picking them up eventually).

I mean Snoke was really only in the ST to further the story of Kylo; that was kind of the point. I mean he would be cool on the shelf but I’m glad we didn’t get Emperor 2.0. Instead we can focus on Kylo

I mean Snoke was really only in the ST to further the story of Kylo; that was kind of the point. I mean he would be cool on the shelf but I’m glad we didn’t get Emperor 2.0. Instead we can focus on Kylo

I’m fine with that. I’m one of those who reads all the books and comics so I’d be more than happy with Snokes story in one of those formats.

I’m fine with that. I’m one of those who reads all the books and comics so I’d be more than happy with Snokes story in one of those formats.

I’m not against that, I just don’t think it needed to take up anymore time in the movie. I find Kylo much more interesting

I smiled from ear to ear when monster mash got the graveyard smash.

Snoke was never a character I could take seriously. The name, the gold robes; it was all just too much.

He was never going to match Palpatine’s presence on a throne, despite (and because of) being a gilded giant.

It was a properly subversive moment that was executed really well, which then led to the amazing Praetorian Guard fight.

It's funny that there's so many videos on youtube explaining how "deep" the movie is and how people who don't like it just don't understand it. But then when people are genuinely interested in Snoke's motives for doing what he did to Ben/Kylo, it's just brushed off like people are wrong to want to know:lol

It's funny that there's so many videos on youtube explaining how "deep" the movie is and how people who don't like it just don't understand it. But then when people are genuinely interested in Snoke's motives for doing what he did to Ben/Kylo, it's just brushed off like people are wrong to want to know:lol

I mean the bigger problem is that people make 5 hour videos with theories like he’s somehow mace windu or a clone of Luke luke come on. And then they get angry when their theories don’t come true.

Sure I’m interested in his story and how he manipulated Kylo and all but there really isn’t any need or time for that in the film. He’s not the main villain, Kylo is. I wanna focus on him instead of Emperor 2.0

I mean the bigger problem is that people make 5 hour videos with theories like he’s somehow mace windu or a clone of Luke luke come on. And then they get angry when their theories don’t come true.

Sure I’m interested in his story and how he manipulated Kylo and all but there really isn’t any need or time for that in the film. He’s not the main villain, Kylo is. I wanna focus on him instead of Emperor 2.0

That’s the beauty of the novels or comics. You can flesh these characters out completely there. I’d love Marvel to put out a series showing Snoke seducing Ben to the dark side and the fall of Luke’s Jedi academy while giving Snokes back story. Phasmas book is the sole reason I bought her HT figure lol. But like you said, her backstory isn’t really necessary to the movies so of course you can’t put it there.

That’s the beauty of the novels or comics. You can flesh these characters out completely there. I’d love Marvel to put out a series showing Snoke seducing Ben to the dark side and the fall of Luke’s Jedi academy while giving Snokes back story. Phasmas book is the sole reason I bought her HT figure lol. But like you said, her backstory isn’t really necessary to the movies so of course you can’t put it there.

I’d love the next animated show to be about Luke’s temple or incorporate the new republic formation also

Back