Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No extra dust noticed on my grease covered Ed dome
Basically looks the same, although its slick to the touch

No extra dust noticed on my grease covered Ed dome
Basically looks the same, although its slick to the touch

Do you also add the grease to rubber/plastic joint that are cracking on some ppls ed-209?

Do you also add the grease to rubber/plastic joint that are cracking on some ppls ed-209?
I did, more difficult than the dome, I took a q-tip, applied in the creases, then took some dry q-tips to rub it in and take off the excess

I also want to say again, I can't say for sure that this is keeping the dome from cracking. I do know there are members here that have not applied anything and their domes are perfect

Here is a pic after the second coating

0dec47469f6efcf0fc779d50362c2125.jpg

Hoped that the problem would be addressed and fixd by hot toys but there was not enough traction, not enough noise it seems.
At least it slowed the sales and now some can have it at the discounted price.
It's always that.
Oh and **** you hot toys.

don't think that the wrong material choice for a part on a figure constitutes calling it a POS... minus the potential risk of the rubber having issues, everything about this thing seems pretty dam impressive to me and a WHOLE lotta other folks. and at $255 shipped and $36 bak to me in rewards... its worth it to me to have to put some rubber protector on once or twice a year. but if it was not for your attitude towards it... i wouldn't be picking it up for that cheap... so i guess at the end of the day i should thank you! :lol

I did, more difficult than the dome, I took a q-tip, applied in the creases, then took some dry q-tips to rub it in and take off the excess

I also want to say again, I can't say for sure that this is keeping the dome from cracking. I do know there are members here that have not applied anything and their domes are perfect

whats going on with the lower left corner of the dome where its clearly a matte look and just looks like its going to deteriorate there? I've seen others like that, is that a sign of strain from being stretched over the dome? Also if its slick to the touch do you pose it much, since the joint parts have the grease on them?

whats going on with the lower left corner of the dome where its clearly a matte look and just looks like its going to deteriorate there? I've seen others like that, is that a sign of strain from being stretched over the dome? Also if its slick to the touch do you pose it much, since the joint parts have the grease on them?

yeah, they all have that, dont think its the start of deterioration, most cracking seems to happen across the front face of the fig
I dont pose ed too much since ive moved my EB robo in with it, but it didnt stop me before

yeah, they all have that, dont think its the start of deterioration, most cracking seems to happen across the front face of the fig
I dont pose ed too much since ive moved my EB robo in with it, but it didnt stop me before

Slippery when wet comes to mind, those 2 might have a baby together when you aren't looking :wink1:

I've gotten my ed as soon as sideshow got it in and mine doesn't show any signs of cracking. I feel like if it was gonna happen to my ed, it would've happened already. I hope im right and didnt jinx myself

Thanks for the pic bud. It looks like yours looks great no visible damage. Damn Hot toys for ruining this! :(

Well....I had to return mine to sideshow for a refund. Dome and rubber leg covers were rotting. What a shame. :(

No... it's a giant POS!

Gimme a break!

As I said thanks for the negative attitudes! This crap saved me a lot of money on my purchase this week.

No... it's a giant POS!

Gimme a break!

As I said thanks for the negative attitudes! This crap saved me a lot of money on my purchase this week.

Maybe someone should post a poll then we could actually see how many people's are rotted and how many have one that isn't, the only thing is that people, that put grease on theirs should be considered uh perfect or not? Since they put grease on it before they started cracking or not cracking we will never know for sure if it was the grease that saved them or if they were fine to begin with.

I bought some 303 Aerospace Protectant for mine, but haven't unpacked ED to apply (thinking it might be a bad idea to apply it and then repack immediately... not sure how it will react with the packing materials and lack of space, since I'm assuming it off-gases for a bit). I've got a bunch of organizing to do, though, so will pull ED out in the next week or two to see how it's doing. If there's anything interesting to report, I'll advise.

Congrats to all those picking this up at such a great deal, btw. Just reinforcing to me more and more not to pre-order and to wait. Just seems there is almost no danger at all in not pre-ordering nowadays. Prices on the secondary market are brutal for almost everything, so seems to me there is way too much supply or people are dropping out of the hobby.

I bought some 309 rubber protectant for mine, but haven't unpacked it to apply (thinking it might be a bad idea to apply it and then repack immediately... not sure how it will react with the packing materials and lack of space, since I'm assuming it off-gases for a bit). I've got a bunch of organizing to do, though, so will pull ED out in the next week or two to see how it's doing. If there's anything interesting to report, I'll advise.

Congrats to all those picking this up at such a great deal, btw. Just reinforcing to me more and more not to pre-order and to wait. Just seems there is almost no danger at all in not pre-ordering nowadays. Prices on the secondary market are brutal for almost everything, so seems to me there is way too much supply or people are dropping out of the hobby.

They are dropping out, look at all the sales during Spooktacular, and then also compare the comments on the SS Red 5 Luke Skywalker, this hobby will be dead in like a couple years, time for the new generation to step in, the rest of us seem to be out of this hobby.

Back