Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the best Hamill likeness ever, especially if the PERS feature is priced in. Not perfect, but as close as it has ever got.
2 full figures, those 2 heads, the weathervane, all that quality, and the iconic-ness, for such a reasonable amount back in the day.... and it was just their first outing!
I wish HT's SW releases were all like this. That ROTJ Luke... :-(
Maybe the clothes could be better made today, but all in all, this is a 1/6 milestone.

And yes, as you put it, those Luke LED arms were a blessing for this fig. My ANH Luke and one of my Bespin ones take turns to use it!

Regards,
m.

I’d held off on this set because of the high prices and the possibility of a new version but thanks to a couple of wonderful members on here I was able to get everything I wanted for a very reasonable amount of money. For a six year old set I really have to say this holds up and there’s really nothing that dates it in my eyes, and adding the ANH light up arm makes it that much better.
05ee65e720ebf21316da03eb19fc42bf.jpg

2aa5fbee207414e5d0cc43d2240a414d.jpg

1a9791d7bbcfc5c5e2f51b10c352622b.jpg

c197c7c9f8731062d6e38857a9b84875.jpg

6ccb63f8c3e0d90b4301e87d270b5b46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I moved houses and when I did, I left the top circular mounting bracket for the Cloud City antenna part at the old house in the ceiling. I just need the black circular part the antenna screws into. Any ideas how to get a new one or a different way to mount it to the ceiling? I was thinking maybe someone could 3D print that part? But I’d need a scan of it probably...any ideas? Maybe someone wants to sell me their part?

So I moved houses and when I did, I left the top circular mounting bracket for the Cloud City antenna part at the old house in the ceiling. I just need the black circular part the antenna screws into. Any ideas how to get a new one or a different way to mount it to the ceiling? I was thinking maybe someone could 3D print that part? But I’d need a scan of it probably...any ideas? Maybe someone wants to sell me their part?

The weather vane comes up on eBay fairly often and isn't hugely expensive - my guess is you could get it for something under $100.

Yeah, if you still have the bottom base it’s probably easiest to sells yours, noting that the mount is missing, and then look to buy a complete one. Might be less work, guess it depends how handy you are and how much you’re looking for a project.

Still reading through this thread, still wish I could get one of these

I feel like 'before too long' would mean not getting the figure in hand until 2021 at this rate I think. They used this DX figure to promote the ESB Vader, meanwhile showing the Bespin Han in the Bespin Leia pics. That ones gotta come out first. I still think they'll do a semi-2.0 and release a Dagobah Luke instead; hopefully with a backpack to put Yoda in.

I feel like 'before too long' would mean not getting the figure in hand until 2021 at this rate I think. They used this DX figure to promote the ESB Vader, meanwhile showing the Bespin Han in the Bespin Leia pics. That ones gotta come out first. I still think they'll do a semi-2.0 and release a Dagobah Luke instead; hopefully with a backpack to put Yoda in.

Surely Hoth Luke (and Hoth Han for that matter) would be released before an updated version of this? If it came with two head sculpts then maybe people could use the extra head sculpt on the Bespin Luke. Does that make too much sense for Hot Toys?

Surely Hoth Luke (and Hoth Han for that matter) would be released before an updated version of this? If it came with two head sculpts then maybe people could use the extra head sculpt on the Bespin Luke. Does that make too much sense for Hot Toys?

I really can’t see how I could spend 900 dollars on this, or really any figure for that matter

Next year is Empire’s 40th anniversary.

If we don’t see it by then, I think a DX 2.0 will be released to commemorate that.

Perhaps with alternate Dagobah attire and environment to go with Yoda instead of the battle damaged outfit and weather vane.

The rest of the ESB lineup is a matter of when (it’s going to be most marketable), not if.

Next year is Empire’s 40th anniversary.

If we don’t see it by then, I think a DX 2.0 will be released to commemorate that.

Perhaps with alternate Dagobah attire and environment to go with Yoda instead of the battle damaged outfit and weather vane.

The rest of the ESB lineup is a matter of when (it’s going to be most marketable), not if.

If they only matched DX07's HS quality... That ROTJ Luke is just meh to me...
m.

This has been on my watch list for years....But the quality of the sculpt it very dated. Hoping for a v2. But I do not think we will see that.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

All over eBay for those prices

What people are asking for and what people are paying for it are two separate things. There's always crazy high priced listings for basically everything on eBay that never sell.

This has been on my watch list for years....But the quality of the sculpt it very dated. Hoping for a v2. But I do not think we will see that.

I still love the set, but yeah it's not perfect. Everything put together though and it's an amazing package. Even literally just opening it was great lol.

What people are asking for and what people are paying for it are two separate things. There's always crazy high priced listings for basically everything on eBay that never sell..

Truth. Goes back to what I said elsewhere about some seller's just sitting on inventory waiting for someone with deep pockets, great need or otherwise a sucker. They must be moving a lot of some products to be able to just sit on others for years.

[...]Hoping for a v2. But I do not think we will see that.

Any other property and I would agree with you, given HT's track record. But in the case of OT Star Wars, I don't see them leaving money on the table. I think eventually they're going to release another Bespin Luke, just not necessarily in the same vein as DX07.

I wouldn't be surprised if years down the road -- after they've milked the Star Wars line dry -- for some anniversary, some convention -- they'll re-release super-deluxe-and-improved-extra-complete versions of everything. Provided interest in the property doesn't tank.

It seems unlikely but Disney could run it -- not into the ground -- but so that it merges into pop-cultural background noise instead of defining it...and the OT fanbase as-is is aging and moving on over time.

But we won't have to wait that long for another Bespin Luke, I don't think.

I believe they’ll release another Bespin Luke, but as said, not be in the same vein as DX07. I suspect it’d be more Bespin-Dagobah themed. The DX07 figure itself to me still holds up. The outfit is tailored nicely, good detail, etc. To me, the big question will be sculpt likeness, and perhaps a better belt. And given HT’s track record with OT Luke likeness, I wouldn’t expect it to be leaps and bounds better than DX07.

I think it’ll turn out to be a case where if you already have DX07, just keep that, and the 2.0 would simply allow people to not have to pay inflated eBay prices for DX07.

[...] given HT’s track record with OT Luke likeness, I wouldn’t expect it to be leaps and bounds better than DX07.

[...]

Their track record on OT likeness from faces to helmets is not great.

ANH and Hoth Leia plus Tarkin are excellent.

Everything after that runs the gamut from adequate-at-best to disappointing. Not really what I hoped for when HT announced this license.

*edit: ESB Boba Fett's helmet is very good but not perfect, ESB Vader's helmet isn't quite as good as that accuracy-wise, depending on whom you ask. I would put those somewhere after the stand-out portraits above.

Back