Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! I might try that hair on the RotJ Luke, it was windy over the Sarlacc.

Did you need to cut up the head at all to make it sit right?

Yes I had to Dremel out the hair piece AND the top and back of the head a bit. The original hair still fits perfectly fine.

I'm going to try the non battle hair too and if successful I may cast them and offer them up. The only problem is at least the wind blown hair you HAVE to modify the rotj head a bit because there's not enough material on the hair to remove. It's gotta be a combo. The regular hair is more full and may have more leeway.

It's a good idea to cast the hairpieces but it'll be really tough to get the finer detail of the hair strands.

I did a thing I'm really happy with. Gotta paint some blood and small details and he's golden.

View attachment 414505View attachment 414506

Wow, that looks really good! How hard was it to do? any guides?

EDIT: Oops, sorry I didn't read your other comment!

Anyway, looks great. Bespin Luke is still my favorite. The outfit (especially the BD one) is second to none IMO.

So, with all the Star Wars Bespin Cloud City dioramas coming out, I thought it might be nice to do a 2018 4k review of the DX07 Hot Toys Luke Skywalker Bespin outfit figure set and compare it to the Hot Toys Tarkin to see if you should still add this to your collection Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/NPX0nPOlkfI

Yep, it’s official! Hot toys DX07 Luke Skywalker still rocks! Just took this picture! What do you think?

b8c21f23b07d169fad27f9d0f2a63848.jpg

Such a fantastic set! A TRUE DX! I remember sitting down with the box when it arrived and feasting my eyes on this. Two complete figures PLUS a sweet diorama option for $300!

This was a time were you could truly appreciate the product as it equalled the money that you spent. Today I feel the priced is way to high making the entire 1/6 experience below par. That’s why I just buy DX15 heads and place on the DX06 body and call it a day (check out the DX15 forum for my youtube video on this). Yes that was a plug!!!

I've had this set since it came out and have really enjoyed it. I had the weather vane hanging from the ceiling in my display room for about two years until I accidentally hit and knocked it down and broke it. After that I sold the battle damaged version and have kept the clean version on display ver since. It's still a great looking figure and holds up well with all he new stuff. However, lately I have been contemplating selling the clean one off and getting the Jedi version. Decisions, decisions. Lol

I actually sold the BD version and the majority of the set accessories, to make space for RotJ Luke. I don’t need two representations of Bespin Luke and the clean version to me covers more ground in the film of him in that outfit, as opposed to the scene specific BD version.

DX07 still holds up, in my opinion. I have it displayed with my OT SW collection and it doesn’t look antiquated at all. He looks great surrounded by ESB Yoda, SSC Carbonite Han, SSC RG Luke and Hoth Leia. Even if they make a 2.0 version, the only thing for me that would make me get it is if the sculpt is miles better. And judging by HT’s track record with Luke sculpts, I don’t see the odds of that being very high.

I want my Bespin Luke representation wielding the lightsaber based on the scene when he first engaged Vader in the carbon freezing room, which is exactly how I have him. A possible 2.0 version with Dagobah accessories (a pack for Yoda, etc), wouldn’t be enticing accessories for me being that I’d have no interest in them.

I've had this set since it came out and have really enjoyed it. I had the weather vane hanging from the ceiling in my display room for about two years until I accidentally hit and knocked it down and broke it. After that I sold the battle damaged version and have kept the clean version on display ver since. It's still a great looking figure and holds up well with all he new stuff. However, lately I have been contemplating selling the clean one off and getting the Jedi version. Decisions, decisions. Lol

Well if you want to sell it let me know, I'll take it.

Back