Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrgh.

I recently sold a DX07 saber (hilt and blade) on eBay and the buyer complained the neck of the saber had a small crack - I knew the one I sent was perfect but what are you going to do? I accepted the return. Today I get back a hilt I know isn't the one I sent. The blade is super loose in the hilt even when the neck of the hilt is squeezed.

The buyer sent back a hilt from the HT ANH Luke which is otherwise the same, but the neck has thinner walls to fit a blade with slightly larger diameter plug - and it's got the hairline crack he complained about.

First time in the past 10 years that someone has done a switcheroo on me and I'm not pleased. :mad:

So a newb who isn't aware that there actually is a subtle difference between the DX07 saber hilt and the ANH hilt, or they simply thought you'd be a newb and wouldn't be able to tell the difference. :lol

To me, even from the outside, you can tell the neck is slightly thinner on the ANH hilt than the DX07 hilt. The paint also seems to be a slightly darker shade of grey than the DX07 hilt. Unless it's just the finish on mine.

The paint color is hit and miss. I've probably been through 100 of these hilts and with DX07 there was quite a bit of variation in the silver.

I took photos for the auction and photos again when packed, but it's not possible to tell from the photos that the sabers are different really. The photos I had on the auction unfortunately don't show the neck in enough detail (wrong angle) - and the crack on the one sent back is hairline - I couldn't even see it at all on the photos I asked the buyer to provide before I accepted the return.

It's not a huge sum of money and I can use this hilt for CCFL conversion, but I can't sell it again as DX07 as it won't hold the plastic blades I have properly. On top of everything due to the way the return was initiated (damaged item) they expect me to pay for return shipping too. I'm going to see about refunding only the purchase price minus my original shipping charge and without return shipping. If I was dishonest myself, I'd just have ignored this and said I never received it - the buyer didn't return it with tracking, just put it in an envelope with a stamp to Canada from the USA.

That is awful pix. I've had issues with eBay like that too. Hard to tell on some of the stuff that's been returned but eBay seems to make any recourse very difficult on sellers. They protect the buyers a lot more. Good luck bro. Hope you get something back.

I'm going to see about refunding only the purchase price minus my original shipping charge and without return shipping. If I was dishonest myself, I'd just have ignored this and said I never received it - the buyer didn't return it with tracking, just put it in an envelope with a stamp to Canada from the USA.

You might try contacting eBay. I had an issue a few months back. I shipped a buyer the wrong item, they returned it to me, improperly packed, broken and missing pieces. Due to the way eBay's process works as soon as I confirmed receipt of the item, they instantly sent the refund. I contacted eBay and explained the situation and they gave me my money back.

The buyer admitted to f'ing up the hilt. However his story is still a little shifty as he'd trying to avoid saying he sent back the wrong hilt. He just sent me a message asking what I wanted to do and if I was planning to send the broken saber back - he knows he's caught.

Basically he said that he did buy my DX07 saber for use with ANH Luke and may have cracked it himself by putting the thicker ANH blade into my DX07 hilt. But that's obviously not what happened, because the hilt he sent back cracked isn't the DX07 hilt, it's the ANH version which he already had.

The buyer admitted to f'ing up the hilt. However his story is still a little shifty as he'd trying to avoid saying he sent back the wrong hilt. He just sent me a message asking what I wanted to do and if I was planning to send the broken saber back - he knows he's caught.

Basically he said that he did buy my DX07 saber for use with ANH Luke and may have cracked it himself by putting the thicker ANH blade into my DX07 hilt. But that's obviously not what happened, because the hilt he sent back cracked isn't the DX07 hilt, it's the ANH version which he already had.

If he can't even convince himself of a consistent story, he's not going to convince anyone else.

Hello, I am hoping someone has an idea if what is going on with my bespin luke skywalker weathervane is a common problem or if there is a fix? I bought the dx07 new and right away the blue and red blinking lights worked for about a minute. after that, the red blinking lights stopped working altogether. the blue light works perfect but the red lights have never worked again. is there more than one place to put more batteries or just the one. Can anyone help with ideas or tell me if there is someone with a weathervane from the set that would be sold? Please let me know. thanks
Friday fan

the blue and red blinking lights worked for about a minute. after that, the red blinking lights stopped working altogether. the blue light works perfect but the red lights have never worked again. is there more than one place to put more batteries or just the one.

There's only one battery compartment but there are two separate circuits. The two batteries on the left are one circuit and the two batteries on the right are another. The two sets should face THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. So make sure that they're all inserted the way they're supposed to be - you can also swap the two sets to see if one set is bad/dead.

It's also possible the LEDs are burned/damaged, but check the batteries first.

There's only one battery compartment but there are two separate circuits. The two batteries on the left are one circuit and the two batteries on the right are another. The two sets should face THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. So make sure that they're all inserted the way they're supposed to be - you can also swap the two sets to see if one set is bad/dead.

You ever come up with a Battzero solution for this, Pix? I'd love to get one to leave on in my Detolf display.

I'm sorry that happened. What a little ****.

HI, just wanted to ask you, someone is offering to sell a working weathervane with all the weathervane components for 99 dollars should I buy that and sell my none working red led light one? Or is that too much money?

HI, just wanted to ask you, someone is offering to sell a working weathervane with all the weathervane components for 99 dollars should I buy that and sell my none working red led light one? Or is that too much money?

Can't comment on price, but please check the stuff I mentioned about he batteries before doing anything - it's really simple to have the batteries the wrong way or for the batteries to simply have run out.

You ever come up with a Battzero solution for this, Pix? I'd love to get one to leave on in my Detolf display.

Yeah, I did it for mine, but wasn't completely satisfied with how it would work for other people to install - it was a bit delicate, much more so than what I've been doing for Vader's belt. It's also a setup that doesn't have any re-use for other products because of the double circuit with each pair of batteries sitting in opposite directions. I might revisit it in the future.

I've actually taken my vane apart and have a number of aluminum and brass tubing pieces to build a new custom version that will be a more accurate scale, along with a bunch of new lights.

Thanks for reminding me. I was stunned, thought I had done all that the first time I realized they didnt work. had one side in the wrong way, so they work. thanks alot, very happy

Yeah, I did it for mine, but wasn't completely satisfied with how it would work for other people to install - it was a bit delicate, much more so than what I've been doing for Vader's belt. It's also a setup that doesn't have any re-use for other products because of the double circuit with each pair of batteries sitting in opposite directions. I might revisit it in the future.

I've actually taken my vane apart and have a number of aluminum and brass tubing pieces to build a new custom version that will be a more accurate scale, along with a bunch of new lights.

Set up a sales thread because you've got my interest.

Back