Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might as well post it in this thread too. A few pics of my Luke Jedi custom made from the HT head

8jw8.png

iu05.png

The likeness is OK on both figures, and is slightly off like with nearly all Hot Toys sculpts. I also prefer the normal head sculpt to the battle damaged by a very wide margin, however I do really like the weathering on the BD suit. I'll have both on display, including the weather vane, but only because I ended up with a neat little dead cubby spot after planning out the furniture layout in my office that I turned into the underside of cloud city. ;)

Incidentally, the facial sculpt on the new Sideshow Echo/Hoth Luke looks, at least in proto form, to be quite superior to Hot Toys Bespin Luke.

It's hard not to agree with this. At least on Most of the DX figures. Yes, I was really surprised by not only the Hoth Luke Sculpt by Sideshow, but also the Han one as well.

Anybody got a DX07 for sale, not too worried about condition as will be using it for bashes, Im in the UK, but am happy to by from abroad for the right deal, PM me if you have any to sell!!! I know this should be up in the wants section, but struggling to find this at a good price in the UK.

Here is my X-Wing Luke on Hoth custom using this HT DX BD head sculpt, body, and boots.

9515019600_54a471618e_c.jpg

9512228751_80745b877e_c.jpg
[/QUO

that looks awesome!!! Im planning on doing the same, any chance of a list of parts??

Sure. Actually I have a lot more pics if you visit my main thread and I do list out the parts. But here is a quick recipe here as well for you.

Tomy X-Wing mini helmet.
Brown hood for head inside.
Hasbro X-Wing outfit
Hot Toys Indy Jacket painted orange and customized.
Collar from the Hasbro Hoth Luke outfit.
Hot Toys DX Luke BD HS
Hot Toys DX LUKE Body
Hot Toys DX Luke Boots
SS Bespin Luke belt (would prefer to use HT one but didn't have extra for now.)
SS Boba Fett hands with modified glove extensions I made.

I was looking for a cheap way to convert the normal sculpt to ROTJ version and I started messing around with Fimo.
These are the various attempts:
lukobo_zps4fd709a5.jpg

Obviously far away from Hot Toys quality but I never touched Fimo before..
Here's a comparison pic before finishing the sculpt and painting it:
lukecomparison_zps9764f34e.jpg

Such a terrible haircut, anyway...

I was looking for a cheap way to convert the normal sculpt to ROTJ version and I started messing around with Fimo.
These are the various attempts:
lukobo_zps4fd709a5.jpg

Obviously far away from Hot Toys quality but I never touched Fimo before..
Here's a comparison pic before finishing the sculpt and painting it:
lukecomparison_zps9764f34e.jpg

Such a terrible haircut, anyway...

Love number 2 and 3..
:rotfl:lol:lol:lol

Last edited:
These latest pictures really show how far off Hot Toys sculpt is - and it's got nothing to do with PERS. The eyes are probably the most accurate part of this head sculpt, but the nose, lips, cheeks, brow line, eye brows, chin, texture… Not so much. Every part of the sculpt is off to some degree, but the essence of Skywalker still comes through.

Still a great set of figures and I'll be displaying both of my versions without any mods* or head swaps. *except a cold-cathode lit lightsaber, but I consider that an accessory rather than a figure mod. ;)

Last edited:
Back