Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Travis, just curious what your thoughts were on how Grievous' armour looks in-person? It comes across as a bit plasticky in all the photos I've seen but I'm wondering if the marbelling has more depth in-hand and whether it's maybe somehing the cameras just aren't picking-up. Kind of debating whether it might be worth getting it re-painted.

I did not get to hold him so I was looking at him about a foot away through glass. I did not mind how he looked as I figured the actual character had some sort of "plasteel" armor build anyways. Anything with a flash reflects off of him pretty severely which lends instantly to the "plastic look". There is marbling but they kind of over-emphasize it in the video (probably because they already heard/read about complaints as such).

Personally I was really impressed with him in person and up until then I was on the fence about him as well (he was a let down as an imposing villain as I believe you and others have voiced similar opinions). Once he is on my shelf he will "act" the way I envisioned him to so I am looking really forward to him.

I will be honest though, I am most excited about Malgus, I recently read an Old Republic novel with him in and he is one serious villain. I hope they make his Jedi rival and/or his female sidekick but even if he is a one-off for the series I am excited.

At fully standing, yes, he towers above even Vader (especially with the arms up above him and the Magna Staff raised, he is ridiculous). That being said, most of the movie he is hunched over and walking around or in a combat stance slightly lowered (like when he has his lower sabers in "buzz saw mode").... It is up to you how tall you want him to be the way they build his back and the stand.

Cool, thanks for the feedback, Travis. Looking forward to the display possibilities with Grievous though it's clear he'll require a lot of space to make the most of it.

9d9a.jpg

61gb.jpg

Still need to futz them properly but.. I love these figures ;)

I had the EP IV but sold it awhile back. Waiting with high hopes for the EP VI version.

What are the common QC issues to look out for?

Glue not lasting. I had to re-glue the magnets on both heads, one of the saber hooks, and the other one is lost cause it fell off at some point.

Like others have said. It's not a huge issue, but for a 280 figure the glue should be of a better quality.

Last edited:
I finally took this figure out from behind glass and did some light repair work and changed his pose. When I first got him I really liked this figure set. The BD PERS makes the likeness off a little IMO, but it's still a really cool figure, but there's something about the pre-fight Luke that I really like. This figure is everyone's second after BD, but this one really grew on me, and I put him in my sealed doll case on my wall an posed him in a realistic blaster drawn pose, and it looks so cool.

I finally took this figure out from behind glass and did some light repair work and changed his pose. When I first got him I really liked this figure set. The BD PERS makes the likeness off a little IMO, but it's still a really cool figure, but there's something about the pre-fight Luke that I really like. This figure is everyone's second after BD, but this one really grew on me, and I put him in my sealed doll case on my wall an posed him in a realistic blaster drawn pose, and it looks so cool.

Not me, the non-BD has always been my favourite. :)

I agree. My friend and I split the figure in half. He got the BD half with the dio set up and I got the clean half. When I go over to his house I always feel like I took the wrong half. :lol

Well, he has a rather large weather vane and you don't. I'd probably feel the same way that's why I have them both, though sadly I don't have room to display the vane yet.

The likeness is OK on both figures, and is slightly off like with nearly all Hot Toys sculpts. I also prefer the normal head sculpt to the battle damaged by a very wide margin, however I do really like the weathering on the BD suit. I'll have both on display, including the weather vane, but only because I ended up with a neat little dead cubby spot after planning out the furniture layout in my office that I turned into the underside of cloud city. ;)

Incidentally, the facial sculpt on the new Sideshow Echo/Hoth Luke looks, at least in proto form, to be quite superior to Hot Toys Bespin Luke.

Back