Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, when Howard Chan said Black Widow would have sculpted hair, then a few weeks later she was revealed and she had rooted hair. . .

Would you say that Howard Chan was lying?

I really think Hot Toys will say whatever they need to, to make a buck. I'm not faulting them for it, they're a savvy group of businessfolk. I'm just saying. . . I take whatever they say, or are reported to say, with a grain of salt.
It is true that Black Widow hair was supposed to be sculpted but that sculpt was rejected by the licenser. So we got rooted one instead and I am glad!

So, when Howard Chan said Black Widow would have sculpted hair, then a few weeks later she was revealed and she had rooted hair. . .

Would you say that Howard Chan was lying?

I really think Hot Toys will say whatever they need to, to make a buck. I'm not faulting them for it, they're a savvy group of businessfolk. I'm just saying. . . I take whatever they say, or are reported to say, with a grain of salt.

Kinda like when George Lucas said Boba Fett would be in Episode II, then it was revealed that Boba was a kid and daddy got all of his moves.

Does Lucas really lie? :huh

Did any of you guys actually cancel it already due to those pictures posted a few days ago?

I cancelled it within seconds of the first pics being posted. Then, every time the pics were reposted, I cancelled it again. I cancelled the hell out of it. I wasn't taking any chances that Hot Toys thought I wanted the figure they weren't actually selling. Clearly, my message got through since they still aren't going to be selling it.

Don't think Rory is gonna like this post!

:monkey3

:dunno

It would be unwise to have faith in a for profit business to produce the best possible product they can 10 times out of 10. So yes, I do. :nana:

Yeah, a non-profit 1:6 action figure company would put Hot Toys' to shame. :duh

Commie toymakers of the world unite. :rotfl

I guess you guys are calling JC Hong a liar then?

Let's be clear, Japan is one of the last market to get production HT release. It doesn't make sense for Japan to be the first to get a production figure when not even HK has it yet.

In order news, a HT figure will be out in HK today at 3pm. DX7 or DX12? We will know later.

430455_375055172569059_647367524_n.jpg

375872_448906641814336_2133656508_n.jpg

6a853733gw1dxk7z0my37j.jpg

482945_448912138480453_1814198988_n.jpg

Yeah, a non-profit 1:6 action figure company would Hot Toys' to shame. :duh

Have you seen some of the recent customs around here lately? I think a certain Bane figure easily shames Hot Toys Bane. It's a business, with a mass produced product, it's not likely to always produce a perfect product. Let me just go back to my corner and pray to the Hot Toys gods that Luke will be perfect like every other perfect Hot Toys figure, b/c they've never made a bad figure. :pray:

Have you seen some of the recent customs around here lately? I think a certain Bane figure easily shames Hot Toys Bane. It's a business, with a mass produced product, it's not likely to always produce a perfect product. Let me just go back to my corner and pray to the Hot Toys gods that Luke will be perfect like every other perfect Hot Toys figure, b/c they've never made a bad figure. :pray:

Sideshow is soliciting for customizer portfolios on the main page of this board. That should tell you how desperate they are for talent.

Sideshow is soliciting for customizer portfolios on the main page of this board. That should tell you how desperate they are for talent.

Yup, they see what us suckers are willing to pay for customs, they want some of the gravy, sounds like a good business practice to me.

Let's start a thread about SS's business practice, or has that been done already?:monkey1

Customizers here aren't for profit?

And your rationale is weak. They can't make a perfect product every time, so it's unlikely that this one will be any good? Because you saw pictures of something you cannot possibly verify, you've decided that they are more reputable than official statements from the company?

I think you just have a stick r a reason to gloat over a perceived failure. Now that it looks to be not the case, you can't let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Customizers here aren't for profit?

And your rationale is weak. They can't make a perfect product every time, so it's unlikely that this one will be any good? Because you saw pictures of something you cannot possibly verify, you've decided that they are more reputable than official statements from the company?

I think you just have a stick up your ass about Hot Toys and were looking for a reason to gloat over a perceived failure. Now that it looks to be not the case, you can't let it go.

Haha, yeah, I defo hate them. I just own like.. ten+ figures or so. I just call b/s when I see it. I'm not an apologist fan boy. You can check my posts on here, I posted praise for HT plenty.

I don't see many customers selling fully completed figures. But hey, were on a different page so you're not going to get me, I'm not going to waste my time. But I will say, again to clarify, I'm not saying this figure won't be good, but that I'm not going to assume it will be.. based on my previous points. If I did, I would likely be disappointed every time a production figure is released.

Luke should look great next to Indy! :yess:

:lecture never pre-order anything from any company without in-hand pictures. They don't lie. (unless Devil photo-shops something hydeous and funny, and then it's a def. purchase.)

No, the correct answer is PO from a company that has a return policy and judge for yourself when the item actually arrives.

If you want to say "never", you should say never trust the pics of others compared to holding the figure in your hands. I didn't cancel my Luke despite the horrible pics - I'm in it till the end. If a figure of this caliber and importance fails, then it's going to fail after I have given it every opportunity to succeed.

I think this may be the final product? Considering it has Luka's siganture on it...

547051_10151189849149663_130422550_n.jpg

Looks amazing...taken from HTC FB

Back