Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the thread posted on Facebook and commented about waiting for better pics.
The guy who posted the pics actually took them.
He said the pics were awful but the figures actually look good.

This is from facebook...
Yu Fuji: Sorry for taking bad photo,Joe. But you are right. Figure itself is very good!! Outstanding!!

Pictures tell a thousand words.

Regardless of whether those pics were taken with a 1998 camera phone or a HD canon D80, the eyes are awful, not fitted properly, the stitching on the outfit is terrible and there has been a huge change to the quality of the head sculpts.

How anyone can look at this and be happy is beyond comprehension. Unfortunately Luke doesn't have a hat to hide the awful eyes.

Wow, it looks like someone wearing a cheap, plastic Luke Skywalker mask. The eyes look more sunken in than Indy's. Gracious, I hope it ends up looking better than those pictures. With the experience with Indy, however, I doubt it.

While these pics are not promising, I'm not going to get too concerned just yet. Like FLOSI says, it still will be the best Skywalker available but I am concerned at how different they're photographing compared to the protos. Both clean and BD proto were to me perfect - if idealized - Skywalker, while I'm just not digging these.

However, after having raged when I first saw the Boba Fett production photos, I'm just going to hang tight on this one. While the sculpt doesn't look as good as the protos, I'm reasonably sure that in-hand it won't look as awful as in these photos.

I'll finally agree, too, that HT should just do away with PERS. I liked them on the proto, but it's such a delicate feature that I doubt very much I'll use it often, if at all, and it just detracts from the face by making the eyes appear too deep set.

To not redo the head sculpt after so much palava was one thing, but for us to then get something less that the prototype??

I am one of those guys who loves his Indiana Jones figure but this may very well be my first ever order cancellation.

I shall remain positive though and hope it's just crappy pics but I agree that it's not looking good so far. :(

Yep - looks like a mask, said that already. :lol

I really wanted Indy too.. oh well, I still haven't PO'ed yet anyway. :huh :lol
Lol, damn you, VDG! Looks like we might be eating our hats for all the "HT should do all of SSC's human sculpts" we've written since February and March!

Does strike me as odd that the only missteps I've really seen from HT were Indy and now possibly Skywalker. We Star Wars fans seem to be made to suffer!

To not redo the head sculpt after so much palava was one thing, but for us to then get something less that the prototype??
Yeah, that's what I find funny. HT's prototype sculpts seem to pretty reliably be the baseline of what we can expect from the production piece, so I'm really surprised by these pics. *gulps down half bottle of Valium* I'm sure it will be OK in the end, though!

I'll finally agree, too, that HT should just do away with PERS.
They absolutely SHOULD for human faces that need subtle sculpting, not animatronics, to make the likenesses all the more authentic.

As many have said, this figure was a dream come true for me when announced, & gradually things aren't adding up to the quality many were hoping for.

This Luke figure looks GREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

It utilizes the PERS better than any of the Batman and Joker figures and Captain Jack Sparrow.

This is right up there with Indiana Jones. I'm calling it now, best figure of 2012.

What?

We Star Wars fans seem to be made to suffer!
Well said! :lol

It's just about being a realist I guess. If something looks dodgy, it's only natural to pinpoint these things. I have less than 20 1/6 scale figures to date; partly because of having a concentrated faves focus, & my advanced case of @n@l retentiveness. :lol

This Luke figure looks GREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

It utilizes the PERS better than any of the Batman and Joker figures and Captain Jack Sparrow.

This is right up there with Indiana Jones. I'm calling it now, best figure of 2012.

What?

:lol:lecture:lol

Irony: HT was given the human likenesses because they are better at it than Sideshow.

:lol

It's still lightyears ahead of Sideshow's sorry attempt but still only half as good as it SHOULD have been and for Hot Toys we expect much better quality for the price. But Flosi is right, it's the best Luke we've ever gotten but it's only half way there.

545369_285192684925477_1461144181_n.jpg

561571_285192708258808_1481805437_n.jpg

Anyone else getting a Pamela Vorhees vibe from the Battle Damaged Luke portrait in the new picture??? :monkey1

header.jpg

I was actually looking forward to this, Bespin Luke is my favorite Luke. The clothes, the blue light saber, the duel with Vader, etc.

But nah, even with the "bad" pictures there's something terribly wrong with this one. It's not even about "soft sculpts" or any **** like that (I know people had gripes about the Hugo Weaving Schmidt, Rory maybe, but I thought the likeness was there and thought he looked fantastic).

This? This is a different animal. It looks like Indy's deformed brother. It suffers from the same problems Indy did. The horrible "face mask", the sunken in eyes, the iffy likeness, the flattened, misshapen head, it's just a mess.

This is either Hot Toys not giving a **** on these sort of licenses or Lucas Film Limited being **** suckers.

I miss the days when a final product that matched or exceeded the prototype was all but guaranteed. :monkey2

Back