Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:horror

I never come to this section. I didn't know those were even in the pipeline.:thud:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl I pop in from time to time but rarely post. I have little interest in the clones or creatures which has been SS calling card for awhile.

Dx announcement brought me in but then I saw IG and Boba and I couldn't believe they were SS products. Naturally, I was late po the IG exclusive but I am on the WL. I'll be ready for Boba. :wink1:

It will be interesting to see what he includes... yoda backpack??

I'm guessing a clean and battle-damaged Bespin outfit (at least jacket), backpack with lots of the gizmos that Yoda ransacked thru, maybe his lantern, blaster and lightsaber of course, two portraits or face-swap thingies (reg Luke and beat-to-hell Luke).

Did I miss anything?

This won't even be close to the "ultimate" union Luke figure. It all just depends on what is included, really. If there is no major diorama piece included like Sparrow's wheel then I can see the price tag being around $180.

This won't even be close to the "ultimate" union Luke figure. It all just depends on what is included, really. If there is no major diorama piece included like Sparrow's wheel then I can see the price tag being around $180.

The last DX I can recall being under $200 was DX Bats :dunno

I happen to own that figure, which was released in 2006... in that year, Hot Toys heads looked like this:

aponehead.jpg

You can't compare the detail of an HT 2011 head with a 2006 SS...
Besides, the price for HT SW figures will be much higher than any SS SW current or past...

I bought the sideshow luke jedi around 2007 as I was slightly late to the game, and back then I also bought another hot toys figure in 2007 and it looked like this:

https://terminators.tumblr.com/post/766762259/1-6-scale-t-800-endoskeleton-from-hot-toys

So I think my comparison to the sideshow luke to my 2007 hot toys t-800 endoskeleton a fair comparison(granted it maybe only a year off). I don't know where you got that head from, but even back then in 2007 hot toys was way ahead of sideshow in terms of detail if you base it off of the t-800 endoskeleton.
But that was the only comparison I had back then as I didn't collect human figures from hot toys back in 2007.

So going off of the t-800, I made the conclusion back in 2007 that hot toys had way more detail campared to SS.

The last DX I can recall being under $200 was DX Bats :dunno

If he comes with a larger display piece or extra sculpts then I can see it matching Sparrow or Sweeney in price, $215-$225 maybe.

I think people are putting too much emphasis on the license costs though. If it's going to be pricey it'll be due to accessories more than Lucas.

:horror The SP girls rolled in at $170, they are MMS bare boned as they come.

Reeve Supes comes in around $188. EDIT: And the SP girls are $153.

Last edited:
I bought the sideshow luke jedi around 2007 as I was slightly late to the game, and back then I also bought another hot toys figure in 2007 and it looked like this:

https://terminators.tumblr.com/post/766762259/1-6-scale-t-800-endoskeleton-from-hot-toys

So I think my comparison to the sideshow luke to my 2007 hot toys t-800 endoskeleton a fair comparison(granted it maybe only a year off). I don't know where you got that head from, but even back then in 2007 hot toys was way ahead of sideshow in terms of detail if you base it off of the t-800 endoskeleton.
But that was the only comparison I had back then as I didn't collect human figures from hot toys back in 2007.

So going off of the t-800, I made the conclusion back in 2007 that hot toys had way more detail campared to SS.

How is buying a figure from one to two years after the fact a fair comparison? Not to mention you are comparing a $50 figure next to one that cost $130 :lol I guess you really want to be right about this but you aren't. Hot Toys has not always done great human likenesses and for a long time they were not as good as Sideshow.

Your lack of knowledge about both companies, yet insisting you know more than others is making you come off like an idiot.

I'm really excited about this peice but it will totally depend on how good the likeness is as well as my financial situation that will determine whether I'll get DX Luke. It would have been almost a given had it been Jedi Luke.

I would've preferred a Episode IV Luke or Jedi, but.....since I don't have any Lukes at all, this is good.

If he comes with a larger display piece or extra sculpts then I can see it matching Sparrow or Sweeney in price, $215-$225 maybe.

I think people are putting too much emphasis on the license costs though. If it's going to be pricey it'll be due to accessories more than Lucas.

Reeve Supes comes in around $188. EDIT: And the SP girls are $153.
Remeber you have to pay LFL fees, Hasbro fees, and SS fees (there is no way they are not getting a cut). No figure SW cost more then any other license. There is no way it will be less then $200 really I cant see any way its less the $250-275.

I would've preferred a Episode IV Luke or Jedi, but.....since I don't have any Lukes at all, this is good.

Me too. I'm sure these versions will come. I'm excited by this DX announcement because it came as a surprise and points to a new direction for HT - but I'll be passing because I only want one representation of Luke in my collection and that has to be E4.

How is buying a figure from one to two years after the fact a fair comparison? Not to mention you are comparing a $50 figure next to one that cost $130 :lol I guess you really want to be right about this but you aren't. Hot Toys has not always done great human likenesses and for a long time they were not as good as Sideshow.

Your lack of knowledge about both companies, yet insisting you know more than others is making you come off like an idiot.

No need to be insulting galactiboy. Please calm down. 2006 and 2007 aren't 2 years apart. I'm not trying to prove I'm right. I'm just giving you my perspective of how I was thinking during that time when I was collecting 1/6 scale figures. I just thought back then, in 2007 that hot toys quality was better then sideshows. It's just an opinion, it's not in any way shape or form implying that I know more than anybody else. It's just an opinion based on 2 figures that I have that are around a year apart. I could be wrong, but at the time that was all I had to go by based on my limited knowledge.

I mentioned above that I had never owned a human hot toys figure back in 2007, so the only thing I had to go by was my t-800 endo as a comparison. No need to be insulting and harsh buddy. I'm not trying to be right. I'm just trying to explain my perspective as to how I came to the conclusion that hot toys was the better 1/6 company then SS back in 2007 IMHO. Sheesh! :slap galactiboy, don't get all your pantys in a bunch and just take a chill pill. There are other things in life that are worth getting angry over, and this is not one of them. Dam. :lol Can't we all just get along?! :1-1:

Last edited:
I am sure it will be the price of a DX04 BL. HT will not try to get every investment back in one figure. They will spread it out accordingly.

Regardless it will be much cheap and way superior than the Ultimate UNISON POS.

Back