Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

I agree that it's just pieces of cheap plastic and it probably didn't cost more than a few dollars to have this made but it sure is cool looking for all the Iron Man figures out there....
I wish it was cheaper too, I would be able to sell a bunch of them but at that price....it's a tough sell.
Bought me a set of 4 and a set of 7 since I'm paying wholesale but also bought them so I can display them properly in my store.

How much is the wholesale price, if you don't mind me asking?

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

I didn't think you where talking about me. It's just I see it as if people are going to buy something at xxx then they can sell it for xxx. Again I see it from both sides. At the price it's listed at. I. Will not buy them. I still would not buy them at $50.

We as customers have to say no. Twice I ordered two burgers and they didn't put the meat on them. They said come back. I said no and I have not been to Carl's Jr in over 3 years.

If customers still buy the item of take a discount. Why should they fix it?

Another unfortunate example. :goodpost:

It sucks when you have to make choices like that. You went to Carl's jr for either 2 reasons: you like their food. Or, you had to make a split second decision for lunch and just went there.

If its the former, choosing not to go there is rough. Speaking for myself, I would hate doing that. Because that particular restaurant offers something others don't. But then when they do one stupid thing after another, it makes it hard for one to go back there. Either for poor customer service, the product isn't what it used to be, or for this current topic, unreasonably expensive.

I'd hate the day HT forces me to abandon them. Yes, I said abandon. Sure, it probably won't make a dent in their operation, but yeah, abandon. It doesnt mean ill give up my Hobby, I'll go elsewhere and hope that company can one day provide what HT currently provides.

They're essentially becoming an overly expensive brand name in fashion. Coach, Burberry, or whatever. Their material is the same as every other cheaper/affordable brand of that ilk. all that's different is the look and style. But what they're paying for is the brand. Unless their leather is made from magical cows and unicorns, I don't see the value in their products.

HT, you're an effin TOY company...lets not get carried away.

How much is the wholesale price, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry but I rather not say but I'll tell you that the profit margin on HT stuff in general sucks. Most retail stuff you buy it at a $1 and you sell it at $2, not HT or Sideshow!

I agree that it's just pieces of cheap plastic and it probably didn't cost more than a few dollars to have this made but it sure is cool looking for all the Iron Man figures out there....
I wish it was cheaper too, I would be able to sell a bunch of them but at that price....it's a tough sell.
Bought me a set of 4 and a set of 7 since I'm paying wholesale but also bought them so I can display them properly in my store.

Also, where is your store located? Would love to see a store owned by a fellow freakers.

If it's $130 retail wholesale is probably $90 +shipping, it's really tight

This should have been HT's thank you for your support item and something to help continue to build the brand and feed the frenzy

:goodpost:

That is exactly my feeling as well. Especially for those of us who want the 7 pack. They know why we do. I have spent almost $1700 accumulating the armors necessary to build this thing one day. It's been my end game from the start. Why not hook me up for doing that instead of taking advantage? This certainly doesn't make me want to buy MORE in the future.

I would love to see a deeper discount on the 7 pack but if they did, people would just buy the 7, break them up and sell them off for higher profit. So how about a rebate? Sell it for $799. Fine. They're $130/ea on the fleabay crap market anyway (which I would bet is partially what the pricing is based on). But then give us a rebate for each MK we have purchased at full retail to put in there. Maybe $25-$30 each? It would certainly make me feel appreciated as a customer rather than feeling like they know they can take advantage of me (and plan to) every time opportunity presents itself. I'm already hooked on the HT's crack. You don't have to start charging me for the baggie too.

Another unfortunate example. :goodpost:

It sucks when you have to make choices like that. You went to Carl's jr for either 2 reasons: you like their food. Or, you had to make a split second decision for lunch and just went there.

If its the former, choosing not to go there is rough. Speaking for myself, I would hate doing that. Because that particular restaurant offers something others don't. But then when they do one stupid thing after another, it makes it hard for one to go back there. Either for poor customer service, the product isn't what it used to be, or for this current topic, unreasonably expensive.

To make a long story short (I even had a webpage setup about this). I was on my way home and did not wish to cook. This was not some place I wanted to eat but the only place I could get something I wanted. Meat, and Onions.

In the end they would not refund my money, I have never been back there. Turn out the cook was going by the picture of what it should look like and there was no picture of meat on it.

This was a $7 item. They did not really seem to care much about the missing meat. Not till I made the webpage. I still have the check they sent me, I never cash it and never will.

Customers have to take a stand. I don't care what something cost if a business want to charge $$$ if its worth it to me. I will buy it. If not I will not.

Oh, the Carl's Jr is now closed.

It's funny how hot toys don't wanna put the bat into production, because they claim to expensive to produce, but here again there doing hall of armor for $800. The truth is the bat would be really to expensive for most people to buy and not enough 90% profit to them. Talk about American greed there not to far behind

It's funny how hot toys don't wanna put the bat into production, because they claim to expensive to produce, but here again there doing hall of armor for $800. The truth is the bat would be really to expensive for most people to buy and not enough 90% profit to them. Talk about American greed there not to far behind

They're not producing the Bat? Someone mentioned Coulson was a waist (sic) of resources, but I would think they lost a measurable amount of money, however large or small, from designing and building that thing without putting it into production. Maybe that's why the HOA is so expensive, they're trying to recoup their loses from the Bat :lol

So, dose anybody had any ideas to let us all be heard of our frustrations on there prices to Hot Toys.Or do we all just sit back and bend over and pass the Vaseline to each other along with a box of tissues for those that can't afford them.

I really feel I'm speaking for everybody here.i think most feel the same and I hope I'm not out of line here neither,but if I am please let me know and I'll shut my mouth.

The only way to let them know it is too expensive is to NOT buy them, otherwise they will keep selling out and they will keep jacking up the prices.

They're not producing the Bat? Someone mentioned Coulson was a waist (sic) of resources, but I would think they lost a measurable amount of money, however large or small, from designing and building that thing without putting it into production. Maybe that's why the HOA is so expensive, they're trying to recoup their loses from the Bat :lol

Yes that is correct no bat will be produced

The only way to let them know it is too expensive is to NOT buy them, otherwise they will keep selling out and they will keep jacking up the prices.

That won't work because most cant afford to buy them anyway, there need to be another angle to this, even sideshow flex payments are to steep with only a 5 payment plan unless sideshow is willing to stretch out there payment plan with a few more

These should have been more like $50-$70 for the single one.

They're essentially becoming an overly expensive brand name in fashion. Coach, Burberry, or whatever. Their material is the same as every other cheaper/affordable brand of that ilk. all that's different is the look and style. But what they're paying for is the brand. Unless their leather is made from magical cows and unicorns, I don't see the value in their products.

HT, you're an effin TOY company...lets not get carried away.

Can you blame them? If you were making these things and making massive amounts of profit, wouldn't you want more? it's human nature to be greedy. They are a TOY company, but they are a business. hasbro, mattel they all jack up their prices, but they do so over so many brands over a very long span of time. Especially since they have retailers to sell their products, it makes their price hikes a bit more comforting than Hot toys and their specialty market.

I think IF they ever respond to this backlash of negative feedback on their armory, it would be some BS like "rest assure we are using quality material and state of the art LED technology to ensure 100% satisfaction for the price..." But I highly doubt they will lower the price.

Can you blame them? If you were making these things and making massive amounts of profit, wouldn't you want more? it's human nature to be greedy. They are a TOY company, but they are a business. hasbro, mattel they all jack up their prices, but they do so over so many brands over a very long span of time. Especially since they have retailers to sell their products, it makes their price hikes a bit more comforting than Hot toys and their specialty market.

I think IF they ever respond to this backlash of negative feedback on their armory, it would be some BS like "rest assure we are using quality material and state of the art LED technology to ensure 100% satisfaction for the price..." But I highly doubt they will lower the price.

To all all of our great customers. With the backlash of the US people complaining that we are not paying working a fair wage. We at Hot Toy's Inc have giving into are customers and we are now giving all workers a raise. We here at Hot Toy's do not want to be seen as the bad guys so. We are giving our workers a .10 a hour raise. As with any business with the cost of the workforce going up. We must raise are price. There for we must, no we have not raise the price. I'm sure are great customers will not have any problem.

As the CEO of Hot Toys I will also be cutting back. In place of the new 787 Jet Liner. I will be getting a 777 Jet Liner.

It's the best I can come up with right now.

Initial reaction - cool! Hope they are affordable...

After pricing announcement... Damn... Just too expensive for display stands. and not even including a plug adaptor! I am an iron man completist, but this is just too much even for me. Will be interested to see if anyone actually takes the plunge and gets a full set, and whether I change my mind after seeing in hand pics... If any ever surface!

They will mate. They will.

To all all of our great customers. With the backlash of the US people complaining that we are not paying working a fair wage. We at Hot Toy's Inc have giving into are customers and we are now giving all workers a raise. We here at Hot Toy's do not want to be seen as the bad guys so. We are giving our workers a .10 a hour raise. As with any business with the cost of the workforce going up. We must raise are price. There for we must, no we have not raise the price. I'm sure are great customers will not have any problem.

As the CEO of Hot Toys I will also be cutting back. In place of the new 787 Jet Liner. I will be getting a 777 Jet Liner.

It's the best I can come up with right now.

That's perfect.
You included some of the grammatical and spelling errors typically seen with a letter from Hot Toys. :rotfl

If you'd like to hear more, "Stay Tuned Tight."

Back