Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

This is a sad thread. I agree with DiFabio that the hologram plates are awesome, but damn, how are we going to see collection pics if nobody buys them? Those prices are ridiculous. Just to put it in perspective, $800 could fund the Burton Batmobile AND pay for 3/4 of the figure itself. I think that the thing that HT fails to realize is that they aren't just asking people for $800. If someone's willing to buy 7 of these, then they most likely have purchased and are going to purchase all of the Iron Men (that's a total of $1,475, and that's not even counting the aftermarket prices, the variants, the multiples, and the other characters like War Machine). They should have a little more gratitude for that kind of loyalty.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

And T2 Steel mill giant cogs that we can have DX13 get his hand caught in, chains that he can be lowered into the molten steel, grated floors he can be impaled through, sliding steel beams to smash against his head....

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

I will wait for these to be gift card eligible before I even contemplate getting them. The retail price is ridiculous, even hilarious!

Should nt the Gantry have been DS-001?

Something else-why not start selling these with the armours from this point on-kind of like Ideal did with the Zeroids back in the '60s?

Something else-why not start selling these with the armours from this point on-kind of like Ideal did with the Zeroids back in the '60s?

Because HT back then were like George Lucas during the OT era. HT now are like George prequel Lucas.

As with any product, if you feel it's overpriced, why buy?

I have been looking forward to getting a few of these for my IM collection, but at these prices not a chance.

25241305.jpg

As with any product, if you feel it's overpriced, why buy?

So far the general consensus is: no one wants to buy it.

Reason being. It's too expensive. Especially if you want the entire set.

Who put HT in the position they are in today? WE, the collectors. Is it really that hard for them to think "hey, these fans have supported us for so long, even though we released so many variations and re-releases...y'know what? Lets make this display affordable for them, because we want to express our gratitude"...

Rather than doing that, they opted for "we're HT, and you will give us your money...so STFU"

Are you a gamer? If you are, have you played any of capcoms games? If yes, do you enjoy the way they handle DLC?

It's the same thing. When one company knowingly takes advantage of their consumers, there will be backlash. And sometimes, when the complaints start rolling in on a continual basis, believe it or not, some companies do make change because they don't want to alienate their fans.

There's a huge difference when you pay 250 for a figure that includes a delicately sculpted likeness of a certain actor, with clothes and accessories to compliment the character he/she is portraying, to paying $100 plus for what is basically a glorified display stand. Oh, my bad, it has lights, and STICKERS...OMFG SO WORTH IT!!!

It's insulting when HT thinks they are being clever about it, assuming we, their loyal fans, are too stupid to say no and are willing to buy anything they (in this case) fart out.

I'll say this again, I am a big fan of HT. I like their products, and appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into them...but this is the worst pricing decision they have ever made and I urge others that are even contemplating picking up one or two to not open their wallets and for once stomp your foot on the ground and say "NO...not today".

Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple equation.

Me, I quite like them, but at $100+ each? LOL. Nope.

Having said that though, there seems to be some sort of feeling amongst some people that HT owe it to them to make these more affordable. They don't. Not at all.

Personally from what I see of these, this looks to be nothing more than a plastic box with stickers and some led's. Each unit to me shouldn't cost anymore than $50

The price is a joke, we already pay enough for the figures. HT know they'll sell so they don't care about the price.

I dunno why you'd want your figures in them anyway, you might as well leave them in the box they come in.:lol

Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple equation.

Me, I quite like them, but at $100+ each? LOL. Nope.

Having said that though, there seems to be some sort of feeling amongst some people that HT owe it to them to make these more affordable. They don't. Not at all.

Î don't think it's so much as HT owing anything to us..I mean even with a price tag of 50-65 USD, that's still a lot for a display stand. I feel it's more along the lines of wanting HT to be reasonable. If I wanted them to cut us some slack, I'd be complaining about the asking price for NON DX figures. But no, I do my best to live with rising prices due to costs of manufacturing, licensing, material and what have you.

But the bottom line is, HT are out of their effin minds.

I will probably get one or two of this although I feel it is too expensive. Just for a different display option for one of the armor.

I will get the A few of the arylic screen cut locally so that I can switch the display for all the marks with the correct sticker.

I could see these going for about $50 each, but $130? No, absolutely not.

This needs changed. We're at 21 pages, so if we get this waaaaaaaaaaaay to like 1,000 pages of nothing but griping perhaps we'll get through to them.

I'm sure these will be on sale in a year after release. Like the Green Goblin.

Back