Hot Toys Destroyer - Is it a Possibilty?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they'll make it. Too big and expensive for people to buy in the numbers that Hot Toys would want to sell.

With the lines it has, I think the joints would break my deal.

I agree. The fluid nature would be ruined with cut lines. I thought it would be great to do a pvc statue in scale with the HT figures. Chromed, hollow and with internal lighting would look like the film. They could do this for what I guess at less then $150.

A lot of the points against this being made were also made when there was speculation and thought of a Iron Monger figure. He was eventually made, so i don't see why this cant be.

Ultimately if this was made, i could see Hot Toys somehow making the articulation blend in with the fluid lines on the character. Yes the lines wouldn't be entirely accurate, but since when have Hot Toys been 100% accurate anyway. It could come with alternate light up heads, and even the casket of winters (It was 'guarding' it during the film).

Also the character appears in many pivotal points in the film, almost kills Thor and is overall bad-ass. They revisit licenses all the time if they are still relevantly popular eg - Ironman 1, AVP, Terminator, Predator 1/2/3 etc.

Also yes, it could reappear in Thor 2

A lot of the points against this being made were also made when there was speculation and thought of a Iron Monger figure. He was eventually made, so i don't see why this cant be.

Ultimately if this was made, i could see Hot Toys somehow making the articulation blend in with the fluid lines on the character. Yes the lines wouldn't be entirely accurate, but since when have Hot Toys been 100% accurate anyway. It could come with alternate light up heads, and even the casket of winters (It was 'guarding' it during the film).

Also the character appears in many pivotal points in the film, almost kills Thor and is overall bad-ass. They revisit licenses all the time if they are still relevantly popular eg - Ironman 1, AVP, Terminator, Predator 1/2/3 etc.

Also yes, it could reappear in Thor 2

I have never read the Thor comics. Is the Destroyer just a single entity or are there more like him/her/it? If the Destroyer never makes a film appearance, I can see HT only seriously consider it after an Armored Whiplash gets released.

I agree. The fluid nature would be ruined with cut lines. I thought it would be great to do a pvc statue in scale with the HT figures. Chromed, hollow and with internal lighting would look like the film. They could do this for what I guess at less then $150.

I see this completely differently, I see the various rings that make up the armour as an opportunity to engineer the articulation completely differently while maintaining the look from the movie. If they put 10% of the work into this they put into the Iron Man figures it could be spectacular. Add to that the scope for putting light-up features in the chest and head, flame effects for the face beams like in the Ghost Rider or the Mk I v 2.0, this could be an epic figure.

Of all the individual Marvel movies I'd most like to see supporting characters from Thor than any other. Here's hoping...

Any chance would revolve around Thor 2. When the movie hits, they'll be enough hype around it to release one or two more Thor 1 characters. Who knows how long it would take them to produce it but it probably won't happen outside of the Thor 2 hype machine.

Would be a very cool figure if they could pull it off.

Looking at thors arms i was thinking maybe they could make the destroyers joints like that.
Or maybe with the new die cast line they could figure a way to make this happen.
Hes at the top of my most wanted list.

Yeah, the Iron Monger point is good. Hopefully we get Heimdall from Thor 2.

Avengers related..
Spoiler Spoiler:

Heimdall would be sweet too! I was surprised when he wasn't made with the initial film's figures. :pray:

Back