Hot Toys - DeLorean - Mod ideas & Resources

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done. I was going to cut those three posts this weekend! Awesome stuff. Can you show me how far up you cut the posts? Did you miss the screws?

Well done with the seats too. Were they just glued down?

The seats are just glued down and they make "funny" noises when you rip them out.

mcon.jpg

I got a bit mad and used that thing. Not the safest way to do it i guess.

schere.jpg

:lol Yikes! Yep. One of these might have been more prudent:

076812069160lg.jpg

But never mind.

What are you planning on doing to it next?

Once mine was out, I was thinking of taking it to some precision engineers I know and see what can be done regarding the time circuits.

More lights: time circuit, plutonium gauges, little speedometer (its empty inside), fluxbands. What else....carpet, pedals, painting the dashboard, more cables....overall it should look much more realistic inside.

See what a different it makes even with those smaller mods sirdoctor did with his car!

What I mean is, have you worked out how to get the circuits to light up etc? I have a couple of ideas, but will go see my friends for advise.

A few minor mods make the world of difference. I can never bring myself to go to the level youve gone too though. I feel i can live with the wrong colour interior. Im much happier with the car now. Ive a couple more tiny tweeks and it will be done

20160817_004452.jpg

Nothing specific yet. But i hope you share your friends information after you met him :)

Yep, that's why I started the thread - to share findings and ideas :duff

Looking good, although it's hard to see exactly. How have you done that?

Drill a little hole in every "display", get a good file and a scalpel and 6-8 hours later you have what you want. And yes, its not perfect but once its inside the car nobody will notice.

Okay, so you put a pilot hole in each part of the digit and then cut. I was thinking of doing it that way, but didn't think it would be neat enough. However, your's looks very good. It's interesting.

Yes and again its not the perfect method but maybe the only one for us.

Yes and again its not the perfect method but maybe the only one for us.

I don't know - I think what you've done there looks great. Will be interesting to see what it's like when done.

Are you using coloured gels for behind? The yellow etc?

So, you drilled and cut through the original plastic. Then printed on acetate film (twice?) and stuck it back on? I thought you'd just cut out the numbers, but that would explain how you've got it so neat.

So. . .

Drill out and cut each rectangle?

Then print out numbers and stick from behind?

Any chance of sharing pictures?

Instead of an LED, I was looking at EL paper.

Did you cut the acetate and stick on the front or is the plastic shallow enough to glue on the back/inside?

I'm doing mine now.

Trying to be brave enough to rip up the seats :)

Back