Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 650531

How does he even get into the console ? I'm sure people would have been happy with just the original one with 3 or 4 banks. Now it'll so much more expensive !
Yeah, weird choice. He’s a much wanted figure but dedicating that much space for that huge bank of consoles is overkill for such a “tertiary” (?) character.

Can we expect V 2.0 of the ANH figures released in 2013? Though if this does get released Stormtrooper Han and Luke with Chewie would be the ones you'd want alongside it.

The moment I read your post a thought came to me.

I have the original Hot Toys tall and short Stormtrooper set, which was practically Han and Luke helmeted, and have the Luke Stormtrooper. I never got Han Stormtrooper, but for a few years have had the MJ Choi recast 'Space Tracker' sculpt stood next to the tall figure.

I've just taken the helmet off and pulled the foam ring from the neck peg, and popped the Space Tracker head on. Don't know why I never did it before. :lol

2.0 probably will have wool hair

Woolly wigs for everyone...

356192917_6495237570571163_4878452731525914335_n.jpg

Including Artoo...

fGuy_BlueHarvest_sc453_0036f-56a00e775f9b58eba4aeb547.jpg

:unsure:

If released with options I'll most likely get the Death Star trooper with a single or pair consoles. If exclusive or if only released will full circle of consoles I'll get the solo trooper, don't have the space for a big dio. But the thing is that he needs to be available for pre-order, otherwise we can dream along for another 7 years.

All of you stop it now and tell Howard how much you love this figure. It’s the greatest ever, you are going to buy 50 of them once they go up for preorder. We can’t lose my beloved again…
I promise I'll buy a standard version without the NASA launch control computers.

I wish he was more accurate, but I'd be happy if he gets to be released anyway.
I haven't seen any clear pictures to tell but yeah, I'm just pleased to be getting one at all. Well probably shouldn't say that until hes up for PO.

I have the old SS Praji. Just, hopefully (foolish, we’ll see), bought a bunch of figures way below market price. Will see how the DS helmet looks on Praji, not completely right but good enough for me.

How's the dude get in and out of the console? Is there a Doug Henning-esque trap door in the floor that he uses? Like many others, I'd probably get the figure (he's the last of the 12-back Kenner figures, I believe), but I don't know that I need that big console...

There will also be gnashing of teeth when the console dimensions provided will mean that it won't fit inside a Detolf...

This one could very well be a multiple purchase. That uniform alone is worth plenty.

Back