HOT TOYS DC vs. Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yavanna

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello, can somebody tell me why there are so much DC (Batman-)villains and from Hot Toys and just Batman and Superman released as heros whereas there are so many Marvel heros and side-characters like Coulson and Odin, but just 3 or 4 villain figures?
Would you like it otherwise?
Because I'm collecting Hot Toys Marvel and DC characters I'm interested in this.

All due to them being movie-based. For example, take a look at the Batman series vs the Avengers:

Batman vs Scarecrow/Joker/Two-Face/Catwoman/Bane
compared to
Ironman/Thor/Cap/Hawkeye/Widow/Hulk/Fury vs Loki

There haven't been any really good, high profile DC movies apart from those franchises we've seen figures from already. Green Lantern was a box office disappointment, and folks aren't clamoring for a Jonah Hex. We did get some Watchmen stuff. . .when/if WB gets off its rear and releases some really serious and good non-Bats/Superman films, then I'm sure we'll get figures from them.

Hello, can somebody tell me why there are so much DC (Batman-)villains and from Hot Toys and just Batman and Superman released as heros whereas there are so many Marvel heros and side-characters like Coulson and Odin, but just 3 or 4 villain figures?
Would you like it otherwise?
Because I'm collecting Hot Toys Marvel and DC characters I'm interested in this.

Agreed, they neglect villians far too much.

All due to them being movie-based. For example, take a look at the Batman series vs the Avengers:

Batman vs Scarecrow/Joker/Two-Face/Catwoman/Bane
compared to
Ironman/Thor/Cap/Hawkeye/Widow/Hulk/Fury vs Loki

You left out the bulk of both DC & Marvel movies & characters.

DC vs Lex Luthor, Zod, Nuclear Man, Penguin, Catwoman, Two Face, Riddler, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Sinestro & Hector Hammond

Marvel vs Deacon Frost, Magneto, Mystique, Green Goblin, Dr Doom, William Stryker, Deathstrike, Bullseye, Kingpin, Doc Ock, Silver Surfer, Nomak, Dracula, Venom, Sandman, Sebastian Shaw, Magneto (FC), Azazel, Lizard

Last edited:
Steven said it best...

If anyone deserves a dx treatmeant by hot toys own definition of what a dx is it should be wolverine.ht said the dx line is for iconic characters,as soon as you see them you know exactly who they are.not many have captured that as well as jackman,I can't picture anyone else playing that role.

Hulk DX which has PERS, Banner figure included, multiple sculpts, a big base of broken concrete and metal, multiple hands, and of course shawarma.

Magneto First Class is a good pick.

Blue/yellow suit with Grey/Silver helmet
Red and purple uit ith red and purple helmet.
Beach base
Various missiles and artillery to be posed on acrylic rods to be suspended in mid air

:rock

I'm surprised they didn't make the IM3 Tony Stark set a DX. It's packed with accessories and a diorama base. Just make the head sculpt with PERS and you have yourself a kick butt DX.

Back