Hot Toys Captain America: Which is better? TFA or GA?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golden age for me. The height seems more accurate and although I don't care for the sculpt it came with, it looks amazing with the Avengers Steve Rogers head.
CameraZOOM-20140829165242929.jpg

Last edited:
Being a Big Cap fan, I would love to have all versions. Hope to pick up rescue version someday if I find a good deal, and I only missed the GA version cause it sold out so fast. Have not seen it in person, however pics I've seen make me ok with just the TFA fig. I was lucky mine came the long foot pegs too, as he doesn't look short next to Avengers Cap. I would say get the TFA fig and find the extra pegs online if you need too.

I'd vote for the TFA version as well. I had the GA version, then boxed and sold it. The GA does have a better body and better articulation; there are many poses the TFA version just can't do because of the shoulder pads. I just couldn't stand the way the GA Cap looked- the extra red stripes bother me to no end, and I like all the extra leather straps on the TFA. I do miss the GA diecast shield, but they're easily obtainable if you're willing to get a knockoff (which I am), so it's no real loss to me.

TFA design is much better... GA's design is goofy to me.

TFA figure quality is dated in comparison, but I feel it looks less goofy, tougher.

Back