Hot Toys Book of Boba Fett - Boba Fett 1/4 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall I enjoyed the series tbh. Yes there were some missed opportunities, and I would have liked it if Boba kept his helmet on more, and had more bad-ass moments. I'm looking forward to where they take the second season, and I'm sure the production team is aware of some of the fan feedback.

Assuming we get a second series. I'm not convinced we will. To be fair though, even if they did, I wouldn't re-subscribe to D+ to watch it.
I still think it'd be better if Jon and Dave focused on shows they were actually passionate about, like Mando season 3 and because shes Filoni's baby, Ahsoka. Also, given that Vanth is getting the cyberpunk treatment, I wouldn't be that surprised if he got a show too. Perhaps to replace the cancelled Rangers show.
There's shows worth watching on the horizon, personally I don't think a second season of BoBF is one of them.

1/4 scale BoBF Boba. Yeah, looks nice. Something about the helmet looks off though. At this scale and at this price point, they really need to get that absolutely spot on for me to get this guy.

He'd be my first 1/4 scale too, so he'd kinda automatically be the centre piece of my collection. In the middle, surrounded by 1/6 scale Fetts. Not sure this particular version is the one I'd want as a centrepiece though. I think I'd rather have a 1/4 TESB Boba in that role.

There's very few figures I'd want from this series so a single more expensive 1/4 scale figure could represent BoBF, whereas half a dozen 1/6 scale figs represent The Mandalorian on my shelf.

I'm waiting for 1/6 version, I'm kind of digging the outfit.
It's the best he's ever looked imo.

1644756996179.png

If you guys had to pick one, would you pick this Boba Fett or the QS003?

I have the QS003, still unopened. Waiting for a better housing situation haha.

But after watching the last stand in BoBF, Im considering this and Mando. Kind of want to put them together in an action pose...

Th QS003 is nostalgic, but I guess it would be out of place alongside Mando..

But after watching the last stand in BoBF, Im considering this and Mando. Kind of want to put them together in an action pose...

I have the 1/4 Mando and the QS003. Don't have them displayed near each other but when I get this BoBF 1/4 I will be doing exactly as you describe. You can definitely get your money back on the QS003 and fund the BoBF 1/4 if that's where you're leaning.

Always OG Boba

If the QS003 had been from ESB and not ROTJ the decision would be a no brainer you keep ESB.

But since it’s not from ESB you can be forgiven for selling it.

It's the best he's ever looked imo.

View attachment 562279

I agree. Personally I like this look more than his repaint in Mando season 2. I like the red boots, gold accents on the jetpack/helmet, and the pants. I canceled my throne Boba and will be getting this. I have the Boba two pack so that will represent my Boba from the mandoverse in 1/6th.

I don’t like his stubby, unathletic legs in these tight trousers - the baggy trousers in Mando S2 fit them better, and his ten-to-two feet. They didn’t put Rose Tico in a mini-skirt, so why put Morrison is skinny fit trousers. Easy pass for me this figure.

Originally I thought I liked the Hammer pants Bona version in Mando best, and while I still love that look, this BOBF one has grown on me a lot to where I love it too. Boba just looks badass no matter what with the black under garments.

Originally I thought I liked the Hammer pants Bona version in Mando best, and while I still love that look, this BOBF one has grown on me a lot to where I love it too. Boba just looks badass no matter what with the black under garments.
Yeah there are parts of both that I like and there’s no denying that the clone era rear skirt is appealing in the new costume but there are also things with the new look that throws it off for me like the red boots.

I would like to see the rear skirt combined with the baggy pants.

I’d be curious to see the black boot spats on TBOBF version.

i ended up ordering the deluxe through Comic-Concepts. Was a bit less than Sideshow and HK sellers.

I have the 1/4 Mando and the QS003. Don't have them displayed near each other but when I get this BoBF 1/4 I will be doing exactly as you describe. You can definitely get your money back on the QS003 and fund the BoBF 1/4 if that's where you're leaning.
Oh man now I'm salivating at the thought of combining Mando with this version of Fett for a teamup display as well. Though it appears that only the 1/6 Mando (for which there is currently no BOBF counterpart) comes with the whistling birds that would allow me to mimic the moment depicted in my sig...

the-mandalorian-and-grogu-deluxe-version_star-wars_gallery_60db637b13e96.jpg

Last edited:
He didn’t have any thigh armour in the OT either, and the diaper looks dumb.

Wasn't really comparing the 2 armors, but OT Fett had the crotch armor (very important for well known reasons), a bigger belt and the pocket looking things above his knee rockets, while BoBF has this huge space without anything really there. The Pykes should of tried shooting him in the dick.

The missing crotch armor is a little odd since he did have that. Guess the Jawas lost or sold only that piece? :lol

I wouldn’t mind seeing him obtaining some more armor like thighs and shins like Jango had. Wonder what happened to those. Apparently Boba isn’t very good at keeping track of all that armor.

That'd be neat, I like the look, just need something below that belt area to bring the whole look together.

I mean he has ‘plenty of credits’ so surely he could buy a few more pieces of armor? Or Just stop by Nevarro to visit Greef Carga, have Mando show him the Mando tunnels and loot a few pieces of armor from the corpse pile. Unless the Armorer already melted it down.

The missing crotch armor is a little odd since he did have that. Guess the Jawas lost or sold only that piece? :lol

I wouldn’t mind seeing him obtaining some more armor like thighs and shins like Jango had. Wonder what happened to those. Apparently Boba isn’t very good at keeping track of all that armor.

Yeah I wonder what happened to the other pieces of Jango's armor, since if I'm not mistaken Boba hid them and later recouped it.

Back