Hot Toys Batman Cleaning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_killing_joke

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I got my original costume Batman down from the shelf today and found it has quite a lot of dust on it. I have brushed it down with a soft dry brush but the rubber actually looks faded in places. However it could just be dust that I cannot get out by brushing alone.

What's the best thing to clean the rubber suits with?

I am going invest in a glass cabinet after I have gotten it cleaned up I think.

I use body lotion.
No kidding I actually "oil up" my Takara Batman and all rubber like figures and just try to keep em away from to much sun and YES a little body lotion on the figure and I have no dust at all.

I use body lotion.
No kidding I actually "oil up" my Takara Batman and all rubber like figures and just try to keep em away from to much sun and YES a little body lotion on the figure and I have no dust at all.

Really? I would think that would make the rubber fade even more?

PLEASE guys don't fool around with rubbing things on, water or otherwise or even rubbing the rubber AT ALL. It is fragile will fade and in the case of TDK Batman the paint on the legs , torso etc is a very dark shade of gray. This will rub and peel right off. You could ruin it like I did parts of mine. I'm sure the fading you see is real and tat saddens me that we have to deal with this problem on a 200 dollar item.

Do dust him don't learn the hard way like I did by taking a damp cloth to him. Buy a can of compressed air, GUST is a good one because it doesn't have a lot of added chemicals to ruin your figure, it even says its for collectables on the label. Hold it straight and a good distance from the figure so it wont spew out the liquid version of the air. It works perfectly, gets all of the dust off and is fast. I've been very happy with it.

I've been pondering a thread such as this myself. I don't have cabinets for my toys nor will I for quite some time yet so they're all exposed to dust and cigarette smoke from my g/f. Oh and I can't open my bedroom window - the house is so old the window is fused shut. We await planning permission to do a complete overhaul of the entire house so my shelves/cabinets are still probably a year away.

Dust and cigarette smoke. What to do.

I've been pondering a thread such as this myself. I don't have cabinets for my toys nor will I for quite some time yet so they're all exposed to dust and cigarette smoke from my g/f. Oh and I can't open my bedroom window - the house is so old the window is fused shut. We await planning permission to do a complete overhaul of the entire house so my shelves/cabinets are still probably a year away.

Dust and cigarette smoke. What to do.

Stop smoking gets rid of at least one of those problems :lol

Can't help ya with the dust though.

Its not me doing the smoking! I had to go and chat up that girl I was selling cigarettes to :rolleyes:

I could ban the smoking in my room, I'd love to do that obviously, but it'd mean booting her out of the bedroom every 10 minutes! I just can't see that happening.

Its not me doing the smoking! I had to go and chat up that girl I was selling cigarettes to :rolleyes:

I could ban the smoking in my room, I'd love to do that obviously, but it'd mean booting her out of the bedroom every 10 minutes! I just can't see that happening.

I would do that. Yeah it might make things tough at first but think of your own health and that of your collectibles. They're probably suffering greatly and you don't even realize.

I guess you could blow up a balloon and rub it with a woolen jumper, then hold it close to your figure. Professor Julius Sumner Miller says "Why is it so?". :lecture

I wipe mine using the same material to wipe the car dashboard. I'm not sure what's the brand over the US. Its something like armorall, white coloured cream. According to the manufacturer, it's suitable for rubber and plastic materials. I've been using it since and no problem with my bat fig so far.

I wipe mine using the same material to wipe the car dashboard. I'm not sure what's the brand over the US. Its something like armorall, white coloured cream. According to the manufacturer, it's suitable for rubber and plastic materials. I've been using it since and no problem with my bat fig so far.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Sorry, it's a pretty funny image though

I just used a piece of parcel tape to roll on and off the rubber suit and it brought it up really nicely. I think a display case is on my list of purchases! Amazing how quickly dust settles on things when they are up on shelves.

Haha i can't believe some of the crazy things i've heard people do to clean these things, they're just begging to have a wrecked suit. Just give the damn thing a little blow and wipe over it gently with a rag (minds out of the gutter)
Done

Just as I was slapping myself on the back for cleaning the suit up nicely, I look and discover that one of the batarangs is missing! I swear these figures are out to fray my nerves!

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Just as I was slapping myself on the back for cleaning the suit up nicely, I look and discover that one of the batarangs is missing! I swear these figures are out to fray my nerves!

Check the area around it and the floor or if it got sucked into the vacuum cleaner.

I used lose stuff probably into the cleaner and who knows where but I've been a little more focused to keep the area I have for my toys clean and open so I can find a piece easily if it gets lost.

Back