Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the waitlist work does it cost anything and if you cancel do they charge you for it?

Essentially, you buy the figure as you would any other figure on Sideshowtoys.com. You only get charged for the figure if someone else cancels and you wind up getting one. You can cancel anytime beforehand if you change your mind.

Essentially, you buy the figure as you would any other figure on Sideshowtoys.com. You only get charged for the figure if someone else cancels and you wind up getting one. You can cancel anytime beforehand if you change your mind.

Yup. Just be sure to track what you have waitlisted because if it converts I don't think you'll have time to cancel it if you don't want it.

So if you order converts you get charged then and there, not when the figure is shipped? Have these people who have cancelled their order been charged for canceling?

So if you order converts you get charged then and there, not when the figure is shipped? Have these people who have cancelled their order been charged for canceling?

If the figure is already released, when your waitlist converts I assume they charge your card and ship out the figure. If the figure is not out yet, like this one for example, your waitlist is converted but your card isn't charged until a couple days before they ship out.

October can't get here quick enough. That bale sculpt is going to look amazing with the rest of my collection.

Well, I was seeing this topic and I decided to open the boxes where some of my collectibles are. I don't have room enogh to them and I want to keep them away from dust. When I openned the first box, I realized that there were white spots of mold on the coat of my DX Joker. I cleaned and everything returned to normal. As the major problem in places of high humidity (I live in a beach town) is with the rubber, I was quickly to see the Batman DX. No problem. Not even mold spots! But when I opened the box of the Kaneda's bike, I was scary: the rubber seat had some weird spots, look:

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02607.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

I never put the Kaneda sitting on the bike, So I think the problem comes from humidity and the close contact with the Styrofoam (I also noticed that the pictures take up less moisture without the cardboar box).
To make matters worse, the rear tire was "swollen". But it is not like an air bubble. It is solid and hard, as if someone had stuck an extra piece of rubber on it. Even the color and shape of the salience are beyond the design of the tire! I had never saw it untill today, but it was the first thing I noticed when I opened the box tonight. At this moment I can't say if it was already there or not. Could it be the humidity?

DSC02592.jpg

Now I do not know what to do. I have a friend who is a upholsterer and he can make one just like it, and real leather. But the tire, just spinning and hiding the defective part. However it devalues ​​the piece a lot! Does Bandai trade only tire?

evangelinus, that sucks!
I have a hard time getting into my closet because of how it's set up. It's on top of stairs that go to the laundry room so the floor is slanted and carpeted, plus there's a shelf in the way of my head, but I'll be damned if I don't find a way in there this week to check my boxes!

And I was super worried I wouldn't get this fig. It's the only one in the Batman line I don't have yet. My Demon Bats and Scarecrow are still on hold, but I'll be having them shipped to me next month. I used to buy exclusively through BBTS, which has never wronged me, and I love them to death, but they didn't even get this figure in. Or at least they weren't taking pre-orders on it. Had it not been for these forums, I never would have known this figure even existed.

Shelves, yes. It's amazing for that and plastic and the like. But rubber suits? I feel like they'd stick and cause friction but I could just be ____ about handling the stupid thing knowing it's gonna deteriorate one day.

I've never seen those static micro duster gloves. I'll just go with the feather duster. Anyways, back on topic... Can't wait for this figure to come!

Swiffers work amazingly. I use them for my shelves and detolf. To remove dust from my rubber figures I roll a lint roller lightly over the figure. Works just fine and keeps them looking like theyre brand new. :)

So anybody know when in October we'll be seeing this figure!? I'm trying to see if this will come first or IM MK V

Awesome. Welcome to the show. :wave

Thanks fiend. I've actually been more of a passive member, just reading other members' feedback and getting tips on extending the life of my figures (i.e. dx02). I just thought I ought to share my positive experience with this fig after getting caught up in the damage rumors and nearly cancelling my order. Sort of a way of paying back all the insights and tips I got from this board . . . cause I don't want any of you to miss out on this thing.

evangelinus, that sucks!
I have a hard time getting into my closet because of how it's set up. It's on top of stairs that go to the laundry room so the floor is slanted and carpeted, plus there's a shelf in the way of my head, but I'll be damned if I don't find a way in there this week to check my boxes!

Check as soon as you can my friend! And avoid to keep them on cardboard boxers. Rubber needs to breathe (a little late to learn that but still in time! =/

Read these posts and just checked my email. My waitlist converted as well! (Or it officially will on the 16th, I guess.) I placed my order on 8/28, and I really didn't think I'd get this guy.

I can't wait to set this figure next to my new DX Dark Knight Batman, Scarecrow and Demon Bats. I was on the wait list because even though I'm a huge Batman fan, I didn't want to start collecting Hot Toys until I could be sure I'd get a Keaton Batman for my display. So I got here pretty late in the game, and now I'm playing catch up.

Thank you shiny rubber butt, for scaring so many folks off.

u can send me a thank u post card any time,:007

Check as soon as you can my friend! And avoid to keep them on cardboard boxers. Rubber needs to breathe (a little late to learn that but still in time! =/

I'm honestly more worried about the coats. All of my rubberized figures, aside from maybe an older Gen-X Core Batsuit I have are on display. And it's not too humid nor too dry where I live, but mold? NOOOOOOOO!!:vader

That's right. I went there.

Canceled my figure yesterday. I can't really afford to pick this up anyway and seeing slight problems just pushed me into canceling. Hope somebody who wants this one more gets their order now. :wave

Back