1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b12a9893b5cfc6add10323acc0adb80d.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like you don't realize she's been a fugitive from the law since Civil War...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You're right, I'm wrong. Nat is totally unrecognizable with blonde hair. Just like cap is unrecognizable because of his beard, nevermind the clothing.

I like it. I don't really get the hate. Why would Hot Toys suddenly do sculpted hair for Widow when all the other ones sold well with rooted? Also, don't some of you guys want a Widow that looks a little different? I have Winter Soldier Widow and I keep waiting for something a little different to come along. I kind of like the age of ultron suit but I can't really get stuff I can't flex pay right now so this is a nice alternative. The Civil War version looked great but if you had the winter soldier one it was almost the same thing with a different hair style. THIS is different enough for me to double dip and the price is great(comparably anyway to many other recent figure reveals).

Not feeling this, not sure why.

It's the hair, it makes it look really cheap.

I like it. I don't really get the hate. Why would Hot Toys suddenly do sculpted hair for Widow when all the other ones sold well with rooted? Also, don't some of you guys want a Widow that looks a little different? I have Winter Soldier Widow and I keep waiting for something a little different to come along. I kind of like the age of ultron suit but I can't really get stuff I can't flex pay right now so this is a nice alternative. The Civil War version looked great but if you had the winter soldier one it was almost the same thing with a different hair style. THIS is different enough for me to double dip and the price is great(comparably anyway to many other recent figure reveals).

Variety is fine... when it's executed well.

It seems there a lot of dislike for the hair on J C Hong Instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhP6vFRDjPI/

The sculpt is spot on (imho) but the hair definitely needs some work. Even it's they added darker roots or something to give it a bit of depth

Sent from a point in space and time

Might get her as I like her outfit, but will likely have it modded with better hair.

The outfit and sculpt are looking great, but I think she would have benefitted from sculpted hair. I guess they wanted it to tie in to her older versions.
Still very happy with the CW as being her definitive look on my shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That hair... The sculpted hair on the SHF figure shows that this can look so much better. I get that maybe they want to keep BW's hair rooted for line uniformity reasons, but come on HTs you know this doesn't look good.

I've been wanting to get my daughter a BW figure, and was hoping it could be this one. Alas, went ahead and PO'd her the SHF one instead to go along with her Marvel Legends IW IM. She's young (6), but she's just as cautious with that figure as I am with my HTs. But, maybe an SHF will be a better progression for her anyway...

i have most of the widows released..and i was super excited for this release the most for the infinity line.. i got the news via a pic sent by my friend.was super disappointed. went to jc hongs page n the head looks good.but the hair..**** it doesnt do it for me.as its short wished it was sculpted.easy pass on this. hope new cap looks great.

This is a great example where Hot Toys could have done a proto sample of both (sculpted hair and a rooted hair variant) and taken a poll on their FB page. The result there would have made the whole decision easier and pleased the majority of fans.

Just cause they did all the others with rooted hair doesn't mean they have to do it here. Especially when it's so short and blonde. That's just looking for trouble imo.

Back