1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c346cc0b47f1f688814c435bd5ba0aa9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that hair was a mistake on the figure, it's short enough that they really should go sculpted.
What's making it look worse is the uniform color, the hair on Scarjo has some variation in color that's missing on the figure.

Just got a VIP invite for the Avengers event at Toy Sapiens on the 20th. According to the email, I’ll be able to buy Black Widow the same day and make a reservation for the DX Captain America.

So, this will (seemingly) be in collectors’ hands in 2 weeks.

the hair look much better in person. but still no preorder. i think the arms are too slim.

widow 1.jpg
widow 2.jpg
widow 3.jpg

the hair look much better in person. but still no preorder. i think the arms are too slim.

Thank u for posting pics. I think this is a great Widow and love the vest details. Dunno about the arms as pretty sure this is same BW body and a lot of the cat suit is CW suit. For me a buy, love the batons/staff.

Nice pic!

Now she is starting to look old...not the spring chicken in Iron Man 2 anymore...

Beautiful woman. Just sayin' most people don't look their best after flyin' to another continent, on the run and eating cr@p food, and then no time for a Wakanda spa. Do like the *realism* the Russos try to do a bit of like Cap looking pretty rough.

Looks like Hot Toys decided to save money on this figure. Civil War head repaint, add a vest to the costume. Oh, well. I'll have to skip it due to the lousy hair, but I'm sure the Black Widow completists will guarantee solid sales since the look is so different. If Hot Toys was prioritizing where to spend their money this time around, I guess this move makes financial sense for them.

I think there will be kitbashes of this figure available within six months that look better than the original.

Okay, that last bit about being about to buy this Widow as a quasi-exclusive in Japan suddenly makes sense with the MMS460 number and this being available to the general public in Q4.

HT started developing (or kitbashing) this much earlier and this figure is now already in production (hence the figure in ScarJo’s hands). The early completed ones are now sold in Japan as VIP member “exclusives” (if true). HT is able to do this because the Russos went cheap on Widow, given she essentially is getting just a new hairdo, new vest and new weapons. They have to save money for creating the black order or bleeding edge armor or paying so many actors somewhere. JC’s pic of the head sculpts already completed also adds to this story as well. So this is all but done. I surmise the one at SB is not really a prototype, that’s the final product...

I guess one alternative would be to get this, and a knock off civil war sculpt? Has anyone bought the knock offs? I dont recall seeing any threads for them.

HT is getting real lazy - that hair is atrocious- and for 30% more than previous BW issues. A joke.

Hoping mezco puts out more infinity figures.

I’m down to certain Star Wars figures with Hot toys but that’s getting harder and harder too when they throw headscukpts like hot Leia hat look nothing like the proto.

They think we are fools who will just blindly buy this crap. It will catch up with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It’s the same price as the last Black Widow.

While that is true, we need to see that this one has less weapons (CW has the AOU batons, police-style batons and her glocks, while this one has the batons, combo staff - same weapon combined and disk shooters), less accessories (no “light up” gauntlets, no mini Ant-Man) and a smaller base. With the same face, base suit, elbow and knee pads and boots. The new things are changed hair, the tactical vest, shoulder pads and backpack. This should be a cheaper figure, not at the same price...

They aren’t being sold as VIP exclusives here in Japan. There is a one day VIP day whereby those who have been selected can have first dibs on buying the figures. The remaining figures will then be available to the general public a few days later when the exhibit opens to the public. Japan normally gets a much lower allotment of figures than the USA so figures here tend to sell out much faster than Stateside. It’ll be a first come, first served sort of thing.

While that is true, we need to see that this one has less weapons (CW has the AOU batons, police-style batons and her glocks, while this one has the batons, combo staff - same weapon combined and disk shooters), less accessories (no “light up” gauntlets, no mini Ant-Man) and a smaller base. With the same face, base suit, elbow and knee pads and boots. The new things are changed hair, the tactical vest, shoulder pads and backpack. This should be a cheaper figure, not at the same price...

The bases are about the same value. The IW bases look based on the TFA bases which I prefer.

The vest and baton holster add complexity. She has her weapon in retracted, baton, and staff modes.

Considering that things tend to cost more over time, I don’t think this is that bad. It’s not great value, but it’s rare we get those nowadays anyway.

Adding Corvus Glaive’s weapon would likely have assuaged some concerns, but they included what makes sense for this version of the character and didn’t hit us with an Infinity War tax.

Back