Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collecting Marvel Hot Toys was brutal...watching your figures become obselete with the annual upgrade being released...you either have to lie to yourself that the old version of...everyone was better "oh yeah AOU Cap was a much better figure than CW Cap...last Cap I'll ever need..." or commit to having infinite space (and money) to display 7 versions of Hawkeye...or spend all of your time selling previous versions at a loss...brutal...

Or just not upgrade every time. Just because a new car comes out every year(they do) doesn’t mean you have to buy it...or tv or washing machine or speakers or phone or bed or jeans...there’s a new version of pretty much anything. I don’t see it as a bad thing.

Collecting Marvel Hot Toys was brutal...watching your figures become obselete with the annual upgrade being released...you either have to lie to yourself that the old version of...everyone was better "oh yeah AOU Cap was a much better figure than CW Cap...last Cap I'll ever need..." or commit to having infinite space (and money) to display 7 versions of Hawkeye...or spend all of your time selling previous versions at a loss...brutal...

I made it a standing rule now to only buy figures from Avengers movies. I included Civil War in that personally because it's like Avengers 2.5.

Helps cut down on too many characters, and it's a nice evolutionary display of seeing how the team changes over the years.

Yep, that's exactly why I stopped collecting MCU Hot Toys figures. It was so tiring to spend hundreds of dollars on these things, only to have a better version pop up after a few months.

It felt so pointless.

Yeah unless your one of those idiots that buy everything(me) just buy what you like and don’t worry about upgrades or new anything. The first mk5 was like 7 years ago. That’s a pretty long upgrade cycle. The first hulkbuster first went up for order two years ago and this will probably be a year or so away. And it’s very different in appearance so it’s gonna appeal to a different audience, again unless your one of those buy it al idiots like me. In the few years between releases there will have been plenty of turnover of collectors so offering new at retail, even if it’s increased in price, is just good business

Not sure on this one. Prefer the design of the 1.0, which I already have. Will see how it comes across in the movie as well as the price.

Hard to really know until we see the movie, but if you are buying one for 'iconic-ness', then surely you'd pick the first one..

8D298C23-FC92-42B0-9C0D-C23B86B44D20.jpeg

Wow, I have a ton of “obsolete” figures then. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those that own the original hulkbuster, would this fit into a 1/4 master lighthouse?

the lighthouse is about 11 inches wide and 8 inches deep. the hulkbuster i would guess needs about 16-18 inches width wise and his feet are about 9 inches. so hes wat too big for the lighthouse.

Back