Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Motuxmen, if you look closely, you'll see there's one for Cap AND the Hulkbuster, the sign for Cap was blue[I think], and the one for the Hulkbuster was red...

Both for Cap. One for the movie promo secret weapon and base, and one for the standard secret weapon.

Had there been an announced or teased mystery weapon for hulkbuster that would have been shown in the solicitation for the figure the same way Cap was. Sorry but, as I said it was for Cap not HB.

0A09FD45-5948-4F65-AAB3-47C859B46766.jpeg

Actually Motuxmen, if you look closely, you'll see there's one for Cap AND the Hulkbuster, the sign for Cap was blue[I think], and the one for the Hulkbuster was red...

There is no secret weapon for HB. If there was HT would have done the same as they did with cap when he went up for PO and the main thing is HB did not use anything else in the movie.

Or what Motuxmen said

There is no secret weapon for HB. If there was HT would have done the same as they did with cap when he went up for PO and the main thing is HB did not use anything else in the movie.

Or what Motuxmen said
DOH!!!:slap my bad...

I saw this in person a few days ago at Toy Sapiens in Tokyo... it looks terrible. Not even close to Hot Toys quality. I know people will say "It's just the proto", but I can't see how the final will be any better. So many of the parts are made from a single cast, so it lacks the natural detail you get from a typical armour, your eye picks it up right away. And the vinyl looks so, so, so bad. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I saw this in person a few days ago at Toy Sapiens in Tokyo... it looks terrible. Not even close to Hot Toys quality. I know people will say "It's just the proto", but I can't see how the final will be any better. So many of the parts are made from a single cast, so it lacks the natural detail you get from a typical armour, your eye picks it up right away. And the vinyl looks so, so, so bad. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I have all the Iron Man figures ever made, and really want to get this. But I haven't PO'd it yet because of the vinyl part. I'd be opk with it being a power pose IF it were similar to Red Snapper in material and detail quality. But these issues that you clearly state are my exact concerns. ESPECIALLY for a $400 collectible. Thanks for your input.

I have 100% confidence in Hot Toys putting out a high quality figure. I never worry about how a Hot Toys figure will turn out when it comes to looks.

Sorry but you really can't go by the prototype, we've seen so many instances where the prototype sucks and the final product looks great. Remember "Fat Man" to Batman. So no bad news, just typical news.

Sorry but you really can't go by the prototype, we've seen so many instances where the prototype sucks and the final product looks great. Remember "Fat Man" to Batman. So no bad news, just typical news.

Oh I remember Fatman !! Caused me to miss one of the best Batmen out there. Managed to get him afterwards for a decent price though.

But yeah, really need to wait on final pics, and in hand videos etc if you're really not sure.

Need some opinion guys. In a dilemma right now.

Where i am from, the pre-order of this power pose version closes in a few days. I would love to have a hulkbuster 2.0 and my preference is a fully articulated version over the power pose. So now i have to decide between
(1) not pre-ordering the power pose now see if they release a fully articulated hulkbuster 2.0. This would mean that i risk paying a premium if i were to get this in the future. Given the size of this figure, i don't think retailers would carry a lot of extra units.
(2) pre-order the power pose now and risk the drop in value or not being able to sell off the power pose if HT releases a fully articulated version. An alternative would be to forfeit the NDR, for which the lowest i could find is about USD80.

What would you guys do and how likely do you guys think HT will release a fully articulated hulkbuster 2.0?

I don’t think you have to worry about an articulated Hulkbuster 2.0 being made. I don’t think it’s in the cards. Didn’t have much of a point in the film other than being a plot device.

Problem is, no one can say with certainty. Just going to have to make a decision and live with it.

Yeah, if you really want a HB 2.0 I'd get this one. Even though it's Power Pose, it still has some articulation. I followed the HB 1.0 thread, and to be honest through all the photos I didn't see many photos of HB in amazingly different poses other than pretty much the museum pose.

At least if you order now you're sure you'll be getting a HB. I'd agree with Chronos and say I also think the chances of an articulated HB 2.0 are pretty slim. Especially when you consider the work HT has on their plate at the moment.

On the off chance they do make an articulated version, I'm sure you'd find a buyer for the cheaper PP HB figure anyway.

Need some opinion guys. In a dilemma right now.

Where i am from, the pre-order of this power pose version closes in a few days. I would love to have a hulkbuster 2.0 and my preference is a fully articulated version over the power pose. So now i have to decide between
(1) not pre-ordering the power pose now see if they release a fully articulated hulkbuster 2.0. This would mean that i risk paying a premium if i were to get this in the future. Given the size of this figure, i don't think retailers would carry a lot of extra units.
(2) pre-order the power pose now and risk the drop in value or not being able to sell off the power pose if HT releases a fully articulated version. An alternative would be to forfeit the NDR, for which the lowest i could find is about USD80.

What would you guys do and how likely do you guys think HT will release a fully articulated hulkbuster 2.0?

I'm on the same boat as you. Even though I have the original HB v1 already. I want to have v2.0 added to my collection as well.

Unfortunately, it would be a gamble for us collectors to expect HT to create a MMS version like what they did with MK43, look at what happen to Dr Strange no one expect it to be recreated again.

Probably if a lot of collector's expresses their disappointment with powerpose, And if there is a demand for it. They may eventually release a MMS version. So better saved $$$$$...IMHO.

If money is tight, better have $$$$ in your pocket rather done having an unsatisfied toy sitting in your shelf/box that you will regret later on and tried to sell it at a loss. (That's a double whammy!!!)

Thanks all for your advice! Still undecided but likely will cave in when the deadline comes.
Think about it this way: did you see many posing their HB v.1 anyway?
I have mine in museum pose to save space and fit in detolf.
A PPS while not "the ultimate", saves money and still nice looking.

Back